November 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms • week of 4/02

Re: Weekly randoms • week of 4/02

• Options
    What was your baby’s heart rate for previous pregnancies and what did you have? Old wives tale says lower for boys higher for girls, it was true for me :) 170s for my girl and 150s for my boy. Anyone else? This baby’s heartbeat was 170 on Friday. I’m guessing girl based on that, but want to see who else this was true for or if it was just a fluke with my 2 haha 
  • Options
    I did it. I bit the bullet and told my parents. Someone tell me why, at 40 years old and 4 kids, I still felt like a teenager telling my dad I was pregnant?!
    I just really felt like I could use some more support outside of DH so I called my mom this morning. Trying to make me feel better, she reiterated the fact that I'm the same age having this one that her mom was when she had my mom and her twin sister. Not to mention the fact that there's 16 years between my dad and his oldest sister and that his next closest sibling was still 8 years older than him. So having kids far apart and later in life isn't really new to my family. It just made me feel better. 
    Both, while super surprised, were very happy. Woo-hoo, feeling a bit better now.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son was 160s... haha not sure where that heart rate falls on a high-low scale but he's definitely "all boy" 
  • Options
    @ashsowers2020 I have all boys (4 of them) and they've ranged from 150s to 170s. So I don't think it's an accurate way to tell.
  • Options
    @runsoncoffee I have all boys, too! We'll see if we keep the streak going with this one. 

@ashsowers2020 Heart rates for my boys ranged from 140'2 to 170's, if I remember the range correctly. I know DS1 was high in the 170's, and DS2 and DS3 were in the lower ranges.

@UnwritteN12 I'm glad they were so positive and happy for you! I'm always stressed out to tell my parents, and this time is no different. They know we were considering our family complete after DS3, so this one will be a bit of a surprise.
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    I have two girls but they are almost 10 and just turned 7 so I don’t remember their heart rates at this stage lol. I remember my oldest used to kick the Doppler and my youngest used to swish away from it and be hard to find 😂. 

We’ve told my family but haven’t told my husbands family yet 😬. He wanted to wait until we got that first ultrasound. Like I said, my youngest is 7 and this was a bit of a shock lol. We didn’t think we’d be able to have anymore. 
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    I’m hoping to get some canning done today. I have a raised bed of carrots that I grew over the winter and they are ready for harvest. I need that raised bed for squash and cukes now, and I want to amend it before I get those in the ground. Anyway, this type of stuff is my life starting this time of year 😂
  • Options
    I had work meetings all day, so my 7 am walk with the dog happened at 4:45 pm with DS1 on his scooter. The other 2 boys were at daycare still. We didn’t make it home before they got home, and DS2 was so upset that he didn’t get to go and ride his scooter. So I took him for a quick walk to ride his scooter. I ended up jogging/running most of the way to keep up with him.

Long story short, I may perish from this lol. He’s 2.5 and full of energy. I “rested” on the hills because that’s the only thing that slowed him down. Thank goodness it was a shorter walk. 
  • Options
    @makingbacon awww. you're a good mama - nice job with the resilience, I bet DS2 appreciated that more than you know! That toddler energy is unmatched so I feel you on this lol. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @mrsmtothek He told DH that we were racing. He might have been racing, I was just trying to survive lol. They are super fun though. We are bracing ourselves for the added chaos when this baby is born. Ages in our house will be 6, 3, and 1.
  • Options
    is anyone is anyone else not doing the 12 weeks NT scan done? I decided not to do it this go around. I’ve done it my last 2 pregnancies and it just cost so much money… I didn’t care much those times because I got to see my baby, and because I had the extra income. But now we’re a 1 income family so it’s just not something I want to do. I have my anatomy scan right at 19 weeks so I figured if anything is wrong I’d see it then anyway. Anyone else? 
  • Options
    @ashsowers2020 I’ve never done the 12 week scan of blood work. It’s never been covered by our insurance and I assume this time it won’t be any different. As a single income family as well it’s just not something I can justify. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    KiekKiek member
    @ashsowers2020 I opted out as well. My youngest daughter does have a super rare genetic abnormality but it wouldn’t show up on that test if we got it done. My husband and I have had extensive genetic testing done at this point because of her. Our eyes are wide open so I feel at peace about not having it done. Plus my insurance won’t cover this. 
  • Options
    I bought a Sea Band today to help with the nausea. So far it seems to be helping, but not sure if it’s actually helping or just a placebo effect. Either way, I’ll take it. I haven’t eaten a complete meal since yesterday morning. 
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    My husband took our oldest fishing this morning so I took our youngest to the beach. She’s 7 but due to her rare condition, she’s developmentally around 6mo old. This little tent is the best money I’ve ever spent. She is comfortable and happy and safe the whole time. I imagine I’ll have to get another one when this baby gets here lol. 
  • Options
    @Kiek we have one of those too and they are the best!! Even for in the backyard! 
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    @runsoncoffee we use to in the yard too! I love it.