Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

RPL

Recently, I miscarried for the second time at 6 weeks. I’m in a place where I feel defeated and grieving once again. This is such a draining experience and I really let myself get excited again. I had done what I needed, seen my OB, ensured that my hormone levels where steady, my blood work was good prior to getting pregnant this time but to no avail. I’m struggling with what to do next, I read all the articles and trying to keep my head up as much but I feel hopeless and stuck. What makes it worse is that no one understands what me and my husband are going through. We are surrounded by people you can just have children, no problem and it is hard to not have someone who understands.

If anyone has or is currently going through this process, I would love to hear your experience and what steps to do next.

Re: RPL

• Sorry for your losses.  I suffer from RPL. I've had 5 MCs and no living children.  It definitely sucks, and makes TTC even more difficult and stressful.

The old guidelines were that you couldn't get testing/help unless you've had 3 MCs in a row, but some insurances now allow you to get testing with 2 MCs in a row if you have no living children.  So that is something to look into.  Additionally, there is always the chance that you've just had rotten luck twice in a row.  That is also a possibility that is very common, and that your next PG will have no issues and you may never experience a MC again if you try for multiple children.  

However, if you do get testing, please also keep in mind that something like half of us will never get an explanation for our losses.  I'm one of those, I have unexplained RPL.  I mean, I do not regret the testing at all, because at least I knew I wasn't losing baby after baby for some reason that could be easily fixed, or some known problem that needed a much larger 'fix.'  However, it is very frustrating to have had 5 losses and done a TON of testing, and they still have absolutely no idea what the problem is OR how to fix it.  

So anyway, your next steps are either to try again, or see if you could possibly qualify for testing with just the 2 losses. 

FYI - I kept going through loss after loss knowing that even with unexplained RPL, something around 60% of us supposedly get PG and get a living child at some point just by 'trying again' with no medical explanations really.  And I looked at it this way for each PG:  I still want children.  My choices are to either try again or to decide to stop this process.  
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.