Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

Re: Weekly checkin 3/27

• Options

EDD/Weeks + days: 22 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green to my partner lol 

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut but measured at 1.1lb last week at the anatomy scan

Upcoming appointments: had one yesterday it was nice to get introduced to the other drs in the office as they make it a procedure to meet all of them. Plus got to see the baby again on the screen. Next Tuesday I have another anatomy scan since they didn’t see some parts of the baby. I can go allll the time lol to see the baby. Also, they gave me that glucose test drink and said to drink it for my next appt in 4 weeks. 

How are you feeling? More tired than usual. I just want to put my feet up and of course when it’s time for bed, I can’t get comfortable and baby lovessss midnight. Dancing kicking moving at the worst times. 

Raves/Rants: I’m so grateful to switch back to my original drs office. It’s walking distance from my apt and it’s clean, professional, and has updated technology. Last place I went to (insurance issues) they were all rude and laughing at clients while putting them on hold, and there was never any paper towels in the bathroom, always had to wipe hands with tp, you never got to see the baby on the ultrasound machine bc they didn’t have one, only a battery operated Doppler machine. The dr was on FaceTime and didn’t even hang up the phone when I had a discussion about my blood work with her in office. I’m sure that’s violating hipaa. But I’m out and good riddance. 

Questions: I read about everyone nesting now but did anyone set up baby stuff like cribs and bouncers etc yet? Car seats? I didn’t do anything except have a small box of baby clothes that needs to be washed. I didn’t purchase anything yet and I don’t know when is a good time to start prepping for all that. I’m limited space we’re in a 1BR apt and so i don’t want it to crammed if I don’t need to at 22 weeks 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: I’ll be 20w tomorrow 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan on April 3 and then the actual 20-w prenatal is two days later. 

How are you feeling? Good except my allergies! And constipation. Metamucil has been my new best friend. I guess mentally I’ve had a tough time the last couple weeks, just getting anxious about work, finances, as well as all the social/family/travel things we need to plan and fit in before baby arrives. It feels like there isn’t enough time. 

Raves/Rants: our best couple friends are moving all the way across the country to be 10 minutes from our house! Well that’s not the only reason they’re moving here but it’s a driving factor. So excited they’ll be here before baby arrives and that DS will have a second home with his favorite little friend. 

Questions: @lmn823 definitely not setting up baby stuff anytime soon! I have a plan of how we’ll set up our upstairs and I think around June I will start prepping the space with the newborn essentials. Waiting to catch the nesting bug that everyone else has. I guess I’m more inclined to wish I had a cleaning lady haha I don’t want to do all the scrubbing myself! 
  • Options
    @lmn823 I won’t put any baby stuff out like crib/cradle etc until it gets really close to time. Our bedroom is pretty small and I don’t want to lose the available space. I’m talking about nesting by deep cleaning things. Like you can’t keep yourself from doing it. I do have all our boy clothes out and ready to be sorted and washed. I have actually created a system for my 3 boys where as they grow out of clothes I add them to the designated spot for that size in my nursery. So everything being used or soon to be used is out and ready to be moved to each boy’s closet. 

@tumbleweed-1 enjoy your trip. 

@ccmrc143 That’s awesome your friend is moving near you. That will be so nice to have a place for your other kiddo to go and get some energy out when you have a newborn. 

EDD/Weeks + days: 18+3/ Aug 26

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: I don’t even know. I have to look at my calendar. 

How are you feeling? We have another stomach bug and I suffered through the night but I’m feeling much better this morning. I’m hoping I can get the baby and toddler down so I can nap. I may put them all down for a nap at this point. 

Raves/Rants: we are missing our book club party today. The kids are so disappointed. I will have to take them to our local chocolate factory and let them pick out some chocolate. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: August 27th 2023 18weeks 2days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke? 

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound the 6th or 11th, and midwife April 10th 

How are you feeling? Tired, coming down with a cold. 

Raves/Rants: Raves: My daughter will be 8 tomorrow! I don’t know how that happened. 
    Rant: also feeling stressed looking ahead at the calendar so far our summer is already booking up and SO keeps booking more and kinda pushing it with plans into late august and early September. 

Questions: has everyone told work yet? My work still doesn’t know. I also haven’t even been trying to hide it. I clearly have a bump and unless they think it’s normal to lose weight else where and only gain a belly. 
  • Options
    For nesting I’m really just cleaning and organizing and trying to declutter! I have things like the swing and crib up/out because I’m babysitting a 3 month old but that’s it. I’m waiting until after my shower to buy anything because I’m not sure what I’ll get as gifts and then I can use registry completion discounts too

EDD/Weeks + days: 8/16, 19+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue! But SO is still green

Baby is the size of a(n): mango, tomorrow banana

Upcoming appointments: not this week

How are you feeling? Better. Still waiting for an energy boost but at least I’m not puking!

Raves/Rants: it snowed more again today and I’m over it! We have DS’s birthday party in two weeks and it has to be outside because my side of the family is too big to fit in our house. If the snow isn’t melted by then we’re going to have some issues! 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 19 weeks this week, expected due date is 8/23 but will be induced early most likely 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: find out next week! 

Baby is the size of a(n): no idea…a baby 

Upcoming appointments: 4/6 anatomy scan 

How are you feeling? Tired, hungry, but half the day I feel just fine and get a ton done! 

Raves/Rants: I’ve gotten so much cleaning done since this weekend. I know things will get messy again but I feel good about getting rid of and organizing things. Now to get things moved out of my office now turned nursery. 

Questions: nope

Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @estadt I haven’t told work! I’ll have to do it by mid-April because I’ll be seeing them in person. But I’m putting it off as long as possible. 

@pickle-chips I feel you on the parental leave puzzle piecing! It’s awesome you both get time, but it’s also tricky to make a plan that accomplished your goals. Do you want to maximize time baby has out of childcare, or do you want to maximize time where both parents are off and able to help each other? We aren’t sure yet. I get 12w paid and DH gets 8 so we think we could split it up so that we aren’t paying for our full time care till January. But I also really want some solid family time so I’m not sure. Also, sending love your way with struggles with your oldest! I hope you’ve turned a corner and can feel better about things soon. 

@emeraldcity603 you have a local chocolate factory??? I need one of those! Sounds amazing 
  • Options
    @pickle-chips I’m sorry you’re still feeling nauseous. 

@estadt Me and my best friend have been planning our summer. We just have a list of things we want to do and then we plan them according to the weather. I’m hoping for a very sunny summer. 

@justyouraveragemama It snowed today here as well. Just a dusting but it’s suppose to snow almost every day the rest of the month. The only good thing about it is that it makes the ice less slippery. 

@novelblessings I have gotten caught up on cleaning but the laundry is killing me. It’s a never ending pile that just grows and grows. 
  • Options
    @lmn823 I’m so glad you changed your care I would have been so upset to discover my doctor/midwife was on a call while discussing anything with me
    @tumbleweed-1 that’s awesome your getting a little away time I don’t know if I’ve ever been to Arizona maybe driven through but never visited my aunt lives there now so maybe one day that’s also a good point about the first time ever sleeping away from sin it’s not for new baby I’ve never slept away from my DD (3) that might be something me and DH think about maybe a little getaway mini baby moon kinda thing
    @ccmrc143 I love that you have old friends moving close by for you❤️
    @emeraldcity603 that’s unfortunate your sick again hopefully it passes quickly very cool you have a chocolate factory that you can visit close by I’m sure your kids love that experience I know I would
    @pickle-chips I’m sorry you’ve been struggling with your oldest but very glad you can see a light at the end that’s crazy you and your husband get a year are you in Switzerland? I thought I remembered reading about one of the countries around there having the best parental leave I’m sorry it’s causing you so much strew though hopefully you have time before you need to have made the decision 
    @estadt happy birthday to your daughter it’s crazy how time flies 
    @justyouraveragemama fingers crossed for good weather  

EDD/Weeks + days: 8/28 18w 2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out eventually 🤦‍♀️

Baby is the size of a(n): sugar glider

Upcoming appointments: midwife 4/7 hopefully I hear from the ob/gyn to schedule my consult soon the wait is killing me

How are you feeling? Good if it wasn’t for the exhaustion(that tricked me into thinking it was gone) and the little baby flutters don’t know if I would know I was pregnant 

Raves/Rants: wish I could start doing something to prepare but between not know the gender and my MIL living in our guest room I feel like my hands are tied and have no idea what I’m going to do when the baby gets here as far as where the nursery is going to be I would love to turn the guest room into the nursery especially because of the way the windows are set up it’d be a perfectly nursing spot so I guess I’m just waiting to see what time has in store for us 

Questions: not at this time
  • Options
    msjaaymsjaay member
    edited March 2023
    EDD/Weeks + days: 22w

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Papaya/Guinea pig

Upcoming appointments: 4/6 MFM f/u to get more pics

How are you feeling? Good. My RL pain is still acting up. I have a chiro appt tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. It usually calms it down.

Raves/Rants: Rave: Our 20 year ( :# ) reunion is this weekend, but we're going to stay all weekend at the historic hotel that it's being held at. I have a massage scheduled on Saturday morning while H is golfing. I'm looking forward to some time with just the two of us and our friends. I'm hoping it will take my mind off of the fact I can't drink while I'm there lol.

Rant: I'm feeling the new job stress. I'm trying to catch up so fast (and this company moves fast!), because I have the additional pressure of knowing I have an impending maternity leave. It's fully remote, but I feel like I'm working later/longer and I'm just feeling the crunch and wondering if I did the right thing. I know it's hard to judge (I'm on week 3), and I'm sure there are some hormones/emotions at play too. Oof. I hope it gets better.

Questions: 

@lmn823 I'm a terrible person to ask. I'm considering selling my house and I moved at 6 months with my first too. With my first we were moving into an apt and 80% of our stuff was going in storage (some of our baby stuff too), so we were very streamlined. I basically wait until the last second lol. I think I feel it even less this time, because I know I already have the basics.

@pickle-chips I don't know if there is a right answer, but we both got 12 weeks the first time. We actually ended up taking it all together the first time and absolutely loved the time together. I'm considering having DH take 8 weeks with me and then 4 weeks when I go back just to maybe stretch baby out to December to start daycare (16 weeks). I'm basically just hoping to avoid daycare germs for as long as possible when they're so little  :/ There's no right answer though.

@estadt The new job I told at the offer process (I was right around 15 weeks). I didn't realize the recruiter didn't communicate it to my direct supervisors (I didn't have their contact), so I actually had the conversation on my first day when I was 19w. There's no right answer. Whatever you're comfortable with. I just like to be fully out of the first tri. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/30, 18 weeks!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: this afternoon for a checkup and anatomy scan next week!

How are you feeling? Feeling great! Starting to feel more baby movement though the RLP is going strong.

Raves/Rants: just gotta get through this week of school and then we’re on spring break. I’m not going anywhere but it’ll be nice to get a week off of work. In the meantime, the kids are SO SQUIRRELLY. 

Questions: nah
  • Options
    @lmn823 ooof your previous OB sounds like a nightmare. I wish my OB’s office had an ultrasound but I have to go next door to the hospital to get ultrasounds. Also we’re not setting up baby stuff for a bit. We have to move DD to a different bedroom which will involve cleaning it out, ripping up carpet, and repainting. Once she’s settled, then we’ll do the same for her bedroom to turn it back into a nursery. So lots on our list to do.

@pickle-chips ugh figuring out leave is so stressful. I’m jealous of the moms in Canada and European countries who get much longer paid leaves. I’m looking at only 8 weeks here (fully paid). If I want more I would have to go unpaid or have my therapist writes me out for PPA (which I do have a history of). But even then, I don’t go beyond 12 weeks or I have to pay my full amount of insurance which is a ton.

@emeraldcity603 I’m sorry you’re sick again!! That’s so frustrating and exhausting, i imagine.

@AlexisJoy92 ugh sorry you’re still waiting to hear from your OB. Hopefully soon!

@msjaay oooh jealous of the massage. Hopefully work will get to be less stressful!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/10, 20+6 (which I remember now bc I'm posting from ballet so I know it's Wednesday)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): somewhere between a banana and a carrot, allegedly. I swear mine is a mutant.

Upcoming appointments: not for another 3 weeks

How are you feeling? LARGE. Otherwise normal. No nesting or anything here, which I sort of wish I had because good Lord we have so much to get set up before she comes.

Raves/Rants: Just kind of pensive -- DH left for the Final Four today and it made me think of this week four years ago. He had just been let go but it was basically a given he was going to get a job with another coach he's really close with. He interviewed at the F4 that year (basically cursory) but for some totally unknown reason, even to him, he dragged his feet on actually making the offer until it was too late for me to move. I had a moving truck lined up and everything, but no destination address (just the city), and even the moving coordinator was like "honestly this isn't my place to say so but is this really the kind of person your husband wants to work for?" When he finally did make the offer, my husband turned it down, because I couldn't have moved by then (I was 37.5 weeks) and he didn't want to possibly miss the birth since the job was 14 hours away. So I guess my rave is that he chose us, even at the expense of his dream of staying in college coaching. (And my rant: how has the coach whose tree we're in NOT gotten a better job offer after the ridiculously amazing job he did with the team he's with now?!?!)

Questions:
    @lmn823 we started getting the baby's room not so much set up, but pulling our stuff out of the storage room to go into it. Probably will start actually setting it up in April. But we also have a separate room for her.

@pickle-chips I'm glad you're seeing improvement! And that you have support, even if it's consuming. Glad to see you back here!

@ccmrc143 that's a lot to juggle. I know it all winds up working but yeah, smooshing it all in (and figuring out how to pay for it) sucks. I hope you can check some things off and let that success snowball!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 18w4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): 18 week fetus

Upcoming appointments: on Monday

How are you feeling? Large. Tired. Hungry. 

Raves/Rants: My friends let me know that they are planning to throw a sprinkle this summer, which is super sweet and not something I expected at all. Feeling grateful for our little community. 

Questions: none

@lmn823 Definitely haven't set anything up yet. We donated the furniture that was in baby's future room to our nanny's extended fam but the room is still empty. I've planned out what it's going to look like and ordered some of the furniture but will work on setting it up in a couple months (or more). Glad you were able to switch OBs!
    @ccmrc143 That's amazing about your friends moving closeby! That'll be such a great source of support for you. 
    @emeraldcity603 So sorry you're under the weather again!! Hoping you feel better soon. 
    @pickle-chips Figuring out leave can be so stressful! Like @gingermama29 I am jealous of European countries. Might I recommend working for the federal gov - our parental leave policy is finally good!
    @msjaay Hope you get into the rhythm of the new job! Change can be so hard!
    @ki1244 Love that your husband made that choice for the family. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @msjaay I’m sorry you’re feeling extra stress with this job. Hopefully you settle into it soon and it all smooths out. 

@ki1244 I didn’t nest with my last pregnancy. It was frustrating. 

@priyadoc my friend asked if I wanted a sprinkle. I said no. I literally need nothing and every time someone else buys me something it’s not my taste and I never use them. I end up donating it all. I really hate when my MIL buys clothes. We have opposite taste and I cringe at everything she ever picks out. Once she bought what looked like lingerie for my infant. I literally had lingerie with the same patterns. It was disgusting. Anyways, I know that sounds ungrateful but after so many boys you really don’t need anything else. 🤷🏻‍♀️ ETA: I didn’t comment all this to take away from your excitement. It’s wonderful that you have a network of friends that are hosting a sprinkle. Every baby deserves to be celebrated. 

• Options
    @priyadoc that’s super sweet. I’m actually having two sprinkles and I felt weird about it at first, but I don’t think I initially realized my family and friends felt “robbed” of a normal shower experience for me the first time (although I appreciated it just the same!). I realize it’s a little about them too, so I’m just rolling with it and being grateful ☺️ glad you’re having one!
  • Options
    @estadt Happy belated birthday to your daughter! 🥳 I told work after we got the results from the NIPT and NT scan -- so like around 13 or 14 weeks? 

@AlexisJoy92 we are in Canada! Switzerland would be nice though 😂 So I am incredibly fortunate that I get one year. MH and I can split this. Basically I get 55% of my income for a year through government employment insurance, but my employer tops this up for the first 4 months to 95% of my salary. I think I will take 4 months off completely to get maximum financial benefit from work and then return to work remotely part-time for the remaining 8 months. MH will take leave starting then for the 8 months. But because I would be working it complicates EI and I can only work a certain number of hours...so this is the whole messy part that is hurting my brain. It doesn't help that we started talking about leave when MH was really struggling in his job because of issues with our oldest, so he was like I NEED TO NOT BE WORKING NOW. I realize that this is a very good problem to have, but it is still something that is causing me a lot of anxiety at the moment. Work is really busy and stressful and I only returned from my last maternity leave in August 2022. I am trying not to let the people-pleasing side of me make the decision for me. I really just need to think about what is best for me and my family.

@msjaay oh my goodness! Enjoy your weekend getaway. A massage sounds heavenly. And I hope things with work level out. 

@gingermama29 only two more days! I hope they fly by. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 no worries I definitely didn't feel you're trying to take away from the excitement :)