Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

My 13 month old will not sleep

Hi, I don’t know what to do, my 13 month old doesn’t go to sleep until late! Sometimes 1 am! I give him a bath every night he throws a little tantrum called headbutting mom always puts up a fight and throws his head back injuring whoever is lucky enough to hold him while he does it. It is so hard to stick to a routine because both my husband and I work. I am so exhausted I try to put him to sleep around 9.

Re: My 13 month old will not sleep

• Options
    I’m with you. What seems to work for me nowadays, for the most part, is playing some white noise or ocean sounds. It tunes out my footsteps, any outside noise, and it helps him stay asleep. Try it paired with whatever soothes him (blankly, etc.), and it might help.
  • Options
    I had the same situation. My baby never used to walk. But after I started taking her to the park with a pair of shoes, things changed. She falls asleep quickly when she gets tired, lol. By the way, I'm very happy with the shoes. They have a wide toe box, are very lightweight, and support natural development due to their flexibility  Barefoot Baby Shoe

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kids used to refuse to go to sleep. What I did was I would lay down with them, we’d say goodnight, I’d cuddle them and pretend that I am also going to sleep. I keep myself calm and I try to relax and after 10mins or so they’d fall asleep. I would quietly slip out of the room and they’d never notice.
  • Options
    I took a sleep training class and it really helped me to create a daily schedule for my kids and help them to sleep better for naps and bedtime. I used taking Cara babies for my kids and really loved it. If you want to check it out she has a website (takingcarababies.com) and she has a blog on there that’s really helpful to use for free before you decide if you want to pay for the actual class. Either way I found it to be a great tool. I hope this helps!