September 2023 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in w/o 3/20

Weeks/EDD?

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?

Any appointment updates?

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL check-in w/o 3/20

• Options
    Weeks/EDD? 15w2d, 9/9

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally I’m ok. Physically, maybe round ligament pain?! Random aches and pulls and such. Morning sickness is much better. 

Any appointment updates? Nah. Next week. 

Any big milestones? Nope. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I agree with the month between appointments, it feels so far away always. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 14w0d / September 18
    How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Still exhausted and nauseous. Emotionally, I do feel a better today.
    Any appointment updates? April 6
    Any big milestones? No
    Rants/Raves/Questions? A month is so long... I've been toying with the idea of getting a doppler, but I'm scared I would create an unhealthy habit for myself if I have readily access to something like that.
  • Options
    @runningyogimama I love the announcement. And Nora is such a lovely name. 

@froggerblue I’ve also been thinking about a Doppler and worried for the same reason. I feel I’d get obsessive about checking. 

Weeks/EDD? 14 weeks on Friday. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically I feel fine. Emotionally I can’t help but still worry. At my midwife appt yesterday, she couldn’t find the heartbeat for so long and it freaked me out. Eventually she did but baby just didn’t want it to be found. It kept moving away. And feeling perfectly normal makes me even more worried. I can’t wait to feel the movement regularly so I can be reassured baby is fine. 

Any appointment updates? I had an appt with a new midwife yesterday. I decided to change practices as I wanted one more experienced with English speakers since Dutch isn’t my native language. So far I’ve been happy with my choice. Next isn’t until April 17 and it’s sooo far away. I may have to schedule an ultrasound as well since my next one is May 4. I think I’ll go crazy waiting. 

Any big milestones? Nope, all passed. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I really need to announce to people and I still haven’t done it. Blahhhh. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @froggerblue and @wanderlustsoul So, I bought a Doppler with my last pregnancy, and never found my daughters heartbeat before 14 weeks, then stopped trying. I’ve tried again this pregnancy, and I’ve literally only found it twice (checking sporadically since 10 weeks…) for about 5 seconds each time. I also only try for about 5 mins and don’t get anxious if I can’t find it, but I’m feeling it wasn’t worth buying, for me personally. As soon as you’re able to reliably find the heartbeat, they’ll be wiggling around in there, so for me, it was a waste of money and not any good for peace of mind. I do usually feel more flutters by now, so maybe it’s my placenta or baby’s placement this pregnancy, or maybe I just don’t have the patience to try longer than a few mins, ha. I know some people find them helpful, but I’m not at this point (and I’m 14 w 5 d). 🤷🏼‍♀️

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Weeks/EDD? 15w tomorow, Sept 13

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? emotionally - good, psysically - holy nosebleed story that i documented in the weekly check in

Any appointment updates? just mindblown that my next appt in april i will be 19w and getting my anatomy scan.

Any big milestones? we've passed them all! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? natm

@runningyogimama love your announcement, i hope it's brining you peace, joy, and support from those around you.
    @babysavvy def more aches/zings this time around than my first!
    @froggerblue i had a doppler with my first, borrowed from a friend, have also been toying with the idea but haven't pulled the trigger. just not sure i feel like blowing $75
    @wanderlustsoul i'm glad you like your new midwife, i'm sorry for the stress about the heartbeat. i know that feeling of pause.

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul @runningyogimama @anniemarie887 Thank you for all your insight on the doppler matter. I don't think I'll be getting one. I was afraid it would cause me more stress than relief to be honest and your opinions only validated that thought. I was trying to find a way to reassure myself in-between the appointments.