Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Unsure!

Last week I had a very faint positive at home test, and my period was 3 days late.

The next morning I started bleeding. It was as heavy as my typical period, red, with clotting.

My doctor started testing my progesterone and HCG every 48 hours:

HCG: 35 Prog: 0.3 😱
HCG: 67 Prog: 0.8
HCG: 233 Prog: 1.8

I’m obviously not feeling optimistic, but I also don’t like waiting. Any thoughts/stories/advice etc would be so helpful!

I have never had any difficulty conceiving. I got pregnant with both of my children within a month each time, and I have had easy pregnancies with no complications other than c-sections because they were big and stubborn! Also for context, I am 31.

Re: Unsure!

• If your HCG is doubling or better around every 48 hours, that is very good news.  It looks like yours is, so I would take heart in that.  Lots of women bleed during early PG and have a living child.  I am not one of those people, but I'm not in the majority.  If you are concerned, you should talk to your doctor.  Although, be warned, if you are going to MC, then at this early stage there is NOTHING you can do to stop it.  It will happen and you will just have to survive through it.  Just be grateful for as long as you have this baby, whether it is 4 weeks PG, 8 weeks PG, 32 weeks PG, or full term living child.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Thanks for the response. I went in yesterday and nothing was on the ultrasound anywhere. My HCG was 577 and progesterone was 1.6. The doctor asked me to come in for an ultrasound as my HCG increases more.
  • Loading the player...
  • @rsjm421 Normally they don't have you come in until closer to 7 weeks, as I don't think they can see much on the ultrasound until 5.5 weeks or more.  So, you may just be too early to see anything.  Around 7 weeks is when they can usually hear a heartbeat.  But, your HCG still doubling is really good news!  Fingers crossed for you.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.