July 2023 Moms
Options

Preeclampsia moms

How many of you had preeclampsia in subsequent pregnancies after having it the first time? I’m 20 weeks with my 2nd. Developed bad pre-e around 34 weeks with my first. If you got it again, was it worse the second time?

Re: Preeclampsia moms

• Options
    Following because I have the same concern!  I didn’t even get any bad symptoms, just went to a regular ob appt around 36 weeks and my blood pressure was super high.  They sent me in to get induced that day.  
  • Options
    I also had preeclampsia with my first, had to be induced at 35 weeks. I’m currently 24 weeks and have been taking low dose aspirin since about 10 weeks and checking blood pressure daily. I’m really hoping I don’t get it again this time, or that I can control it better this time to keep my baby out of the NICU.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just checking back with this group.  I’m 32w2d and don’t have pre-eclampsia 🤞🤞 though it didn’t come on until 36/37 weeks with my first.  Hoping the low dose aspirin is helping this time around.
  • Options
    Those who had pre-eclampsia before, is your dr recommending induction?  Mine said 39 weeks would be a good time to induce if I manage these last few weeks without getting preeclampsia.  
  • Options
    Nope! Being monitored super closely. No signs of it yet at 35 weeks. They’ll let me go to 42 if I have no symptoms