July 2023 Moms
Options

Baby Shower

Just curious what others are doing, particularly if you are dealing with divorced parents of yours or your spouse. My husband and I live in SC, the same neighborhood as my in laws, my parents are divorced with one in GA and one in SC. My mom and mother in law have offered to throw us a shower at my mother in laws home. This will be for those that live near our area. I don't feel right inviting my Dad and his side because it's always so awkward. Plus, they haven't mentioned a word about a shower. Not that I expected them to but definitely don't feel right with them reaping the benefits, and money, that my mom/mother in law will be spending on food and decorations. I feel like if they want to be included in a shower they should put forth the effort to arrange one from that side... I'm also high risk and my doctor advised no travel once I'm in my 3rd trimester which begins in May. Would love to know what others are doing...

Re: Baby Shower

• Options
    My parents are divorced and we live away from family on both my side and my husbands side. 
    My best friend is hosting us 1 shower in our home like we wanted and whoever can come comes. My parents have typically not been great together but our college graduation and wedding they were surprisingly amicable so we are giving it another shot! 

I think it helps if you have friends/family that know both your parents and are willing to socialize with them while you are busy so they don’t feel unwelcome. Good luck it’s definitely not the easiest process. But hopefully they come to realize you can’t have 2 of everything when you have a child!