Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Chart Stalk / Question month of March

This is a thread where anyone can feel free to request a chart stalk, second-guess FF's interpretation, or post TTC-related questions, regardless of where in your cycle you are. Sometimes FF is wrong. That's where we come in. Get your second opinion here!

Re: Chart Stalk / Question month of March

• Options
    New to BBT and I got a tempdrop from someone who accidentally got two. What are the chances of having the EXACT same BBT 3 days in a row? Like I've seen other charts and i feel like people have more variation in their BBT? Idk it just feels weird 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @stashattack That sounds like something is off with the thermometer. Idk anything about that specific one, but if I ever get the exact same temp as the day before, I temp again immediately after and use the second temp
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stashattack I think the temp drop is one that learns you and your patterns and adjusts temps as you go. Maybe it’s still getting to know you? 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit maybe! I also just realized I was wearing it upside down too. Idk why that would make a big difference as the sensor was still in the right area. But I'll keep going with it. 

@britters314 this one measures temps all night long and gives you an average through the day I think. So I can't retake the temps
  • Options
    @stashattack does the temp drop give temperature readings out to 2 decimal places? I've never used one but if it does give you three of the exact same readings in a row I'd be skeptical too.
    Maybe you can try to cross check using a standard oral bbt thermometer just for a couple days and see how that compares variation-wise, if that makes sense?
  • Options
    @clover2816 yes it does. I don't have any other bbt thermometer to cross check.
  • Options
    So, I think I finally got my first peak ever (thanks Letrozole!) but since I’ve never had one I’m not 100% sure. It finally went over 1.0 and my highest has only been 0.6, so that’s a good sign, right? 😬   
  • Options
    @dmcg17 Woohoo! Go ovaries! 
  • Options
    Yasss @dmcg17!!! That's amazing!!
  • Options
    My chart is so weird this month. Had my first positive OPK on CD11, had fertile fluid CD10-12, and now it’s CD15 and still no temp rise. I tend to shift 2 days after ovulation, but this is getting late. I wonder if my body tried but didn’t ovulate? Should I take more OPK until I get a shift? 

• Options
    @maggiemadeit I'd say yes? I know LH can surge twice if the first surge didn't end up in ovulation. 
  • Options
    Thanks for looking @stashattack. I’m hoping my body will try again and this won’t be an anovulatory cycle!
  • Options
    No crosshairs yet. But I did have a blazingly positive OPK CD13. Temps are on the rise. Should I give it a few more days? Am I just being impatient?

• Options
    @stashattack The rule is you need 3 temps higher than the previous 6, which is why you haven’t gotten cross hairs yet. If your temps on CD 9 and 10 were lower, you’d get cross hairs. Is there any reason to think those temps might be off? 
  • Options
    @britters314 no clue 😅 I'll give it a few more days then. 
  • Options
    I have no idea what’s going on with my chart. Temps aren’t super reliable because I’ve been sick. I have a really weird CM pattern, like my body keeps going “all right, let’s get ready to O, wait you’re sick? Nvm we’ll try again in a day or two” and then I’m still sick lol