August 2023 Moms
Options

March Appointments

New month, new appointments! Use this thread to discuss upcoming appointments in March. Questions? News? Tests?

Re: March Appointments

• Options
    I had a bad experience with this drs office that I went to starting January, but now that I switched insurance I was able to go back to my formers drs office bc they took this insurance. 
    I had a drs appt today at my former office, it was HELL getting my records faxed over from the place I was going to. I had to go in there myself to grab my records. They kept saying they’ll fax it by the end of the day runaround and it was over a week! 
    Anyways I am thrilled to be back at this office, it’s clean, professional, I just felt excited. They have modern technology here and I was able to see a sonogram of my baby today too! 
    This drs office said I was missing a few tests and asking if I did a nt sonogram which the other drs office never recorded. And I had to get more blood taken but it’s ok. 
    I’m also scheduling my anatomy scan soon so that is my next apt.
  • Options
    I have my ntip today as my nt came back positive for Down’s syndrome. Which I am trying to stay positive as nt has a lot of false positives. I have midwife appointment on the 23rd and anatomy potentially booked for the 29th which happens to be my daughters 8th birthday. 

I am also looking at potentially switching from midwives to ob or another midwife group as I didn’t get the greatest vibe from them when I met them and they are a lot crunchier then the group I had 8 years ago. I want low intervention in birth but I want to do the testing and stuff and they seemed annoyed that I wanted to get the ntip since the nt came back positive. Me and SO compromised that midwives as primary care giver but in a hospital setting, and they have rights at the hospital I like but they keep pushing home birth or the smaller local hospital (which I have had neglectful care issues in the past, which has caused some anxiety and lack of trust in there care now) also the bigger hospitals and the small one are the same distance from my house 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was supposed to have a midwife appointment today but it had to get switched to tuesday which ends up being fine because SO should be able to go to this one with only leaving work a little early. He’s still unsure about a birth center so he can ask questions and get more comfortable. Because of past experiences, giving birth at the hospital local to us was giving me major anxiety and since I’m the one giving birth I decided if one of us was going to be uncomfortable where we give birth it had to be him. 

Hoping to get my anatomy scan scheduled because I’ll be 18 weeks on the 15th and I’m impatient 😂
  • Options
    My anatomy scan is next week already! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @ccmrc143 I haven’t gained 10 lbs yet, but if I did and the dr said it’s fine, I would just accept it and know it’s for the baby! As long as you’re consuming nutritious food the baby can benefit from, I don’t see anything wrong with the weight. For me being a ftm, it’s been a hard change seeing the weight come on. Plus I gained about 20lbs during Covid and then now gaining weight for the baby. I’m appreciating the beauty of it for what it is. 
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 When I don’t spend the entire first trimester nauseous I gain weight. I list about 5 lbs this time around and I have gained about 2 back. I would really like to limit my weight gain to 20 lbs but I always gain at least 35. Even with my first when I was 18 years old. Last pregnancy I gained 50 lbs. 😬 I was at my highest weight I have ever been in my entire life and I didn’t lose a single lb after delivery. How is that even possible? Where did the actual weight from the baby go? 
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 if the doctor says it’s ok, then it’s ok. I’ve only gained about 3lbs so far but I was told to stay between 15 and 25lbs this time. I’m not “overweight” but my BMI says I am. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I gained about 50-55lbs with both my previous pregnancies and with the first I only lost 25lbs but was super skinny when I got pregnant. My last pregnancy I lost all but 5lbs of it. I don’t want to say they bugged me about the weight last time but would say at the end like hey keep it down to 1lbs per week not 2 and I was eating fairly healthy and still working out. 😂😬 I’m trying really hard this time though! 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 I’ve gained 10 lbs and I put it in the What to Expect weight gain calculator (just bc I literally have no idea what’s normal at each stage lol) and it said I was below the expected weight gain 🤷🏻‍♀️ I know how you feel though. I started out 5 lbs heavier and am gaining much quicker this time around too. It definitely messes with your head. 
  • Options
    @msjaay that is weird that the tech acted that way. It’s almost like she didn’t respect your desire to find out at birth and is pushing the knowledge of the sex on you. 
  • Options
    @msjaay I mean...maybe save the envelope to open while they clean up the baby...? Ha.
  • Options
    @ki1244 true 😂 my H just gave it back and was like, we can’t have that sitting around the house! 
  • Options
    @msjaay I’m not finding out the sex of the baby either and I would be crazy paranoid to have that envelope near me!!! 🤣

my anatomy scan is in two weeks so can’t wait for this. Hope you can share some baby pics with us. 
  • Options
    @msjaay our scan is Thursday and we are not finding out either - I hope we don’t have a similar interaction 😂

• Options
    @lmn823 and @tnt7409 we didn’t find out with my daughter either and never had this kind of interaction lol. We’ve had a couple of techs who got nervous, which I get (and we had a ton of scans with my daughter). I’m sure I would just be afraid to slip up too, but no one who misunderstood us like 5X that we were not finding out 😂 I was like surely we are not the first team green people you’ve encountered.