Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 2/27

*If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What is your current home trend pet-peeve?
Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
July 2022 - FET

Re: TFAS w/o 2/27

• What number are you trying for? 3, but first two are adopted/being adopted

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 and 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? We had good timing, but I never had any EWCM, so I’m worried about that. Last cycle I also didn’t have EWCM. Normally I do, so of course I’m like, is this a sign from God that we shouldn’t TTC and we should focus on adoption? I am going to an info meeting this weekend to learn more about private adoption since we are not having luck trying to get an adoptive placement through foster care.

Any questions? Not TTC related, but what do you guys do if you want to take a vacation without the kiddos? H wants to take a weeklong trip just us, but everyone who we would normally ask to watch them works and the kids aren’t in daycare so they wouldn’t be able to drop them off anywhere.

Rant/Rave? Nothing other than what I already said above

GTKY: What is your current home trend pet-peeve? Do you mean what people do with their interior design? Idk if it’s really a pet peeve, but when I’m watch HGTV it bothers me that people design their homes based on the 1 or 2 times a year they’ll have a bunch of guests over instead of the other 364 days they’ll just be living normal life.
    mambo5-2
  • What number are you trying for? #4

Month/Cycle? 13/ Natural cycle 3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 10, 8 and 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I hope this cycle is good. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? DD1 had a cheer competition this weekend that was insane and going through cheer weekend while on my period was awful! My back hurt so bad. 

GTKY: What is your current home trend pet-peeve? This trend of painting and entire house white and putting black shutters on it.  WHY ARE YOU PAINTING BRICK WHITE! There are so many houses in my neighborhood doing this and it irritates me. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• Loading the player...
  • @britters314 sometimes I have EWCM and sometimes I don't, it just is what it is. 

Is there a daycare nearby that you could temporarily use (we have a drop in care daycare in our area)?  When we travel without the kids we've used nannies, daycare, this past time they were in school so that was easy. We looked at private adoption recently as well. I have a friend that just adopted a little girl and I was talking to her about it. 

And yes do not buy your house for 2 days a year there are always work arounds. Formal dining rooms are not my jam because we never use ours.

Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• @mambo5-2 I’ve been charting for years, though, and I always have EWCM, so it’s really odd for me to not have any, especially two cycles in a row. And thank you for the suggestion about drop-in daycare! I completely forgot that’s a thing!
    mambo5-2
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 5/4

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? IDK. We shall see. Sex was hard during travel. We usually do every day during the FW and we just hit 3 days this time. I also ate like shit, drank, and slept like crap. I doubt this will be our cycle, but who knows. Athena was also conceived during a travel week when I drank a ton LOL.

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave? kudos to those who can cosleep cuz fuck that shit. LOL. Last night DD shared the king sized bed we had in the airbnb and neither DH or I got any sleep with her. IDK how cosleepers do it. It could never be me. I'm so happy she has her own bed in her own room.

GTKY: What is your current home trend pet-peeve? People painting their interior boring ass colors cuz they sell better. I'm sorry, I didn't buy my house to sell. I mean we would like to upgrade eventually but also I bought it to enjoy it. To live in it. If people can't see the potential past paint colors they need to have a better imagination LOL.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • What number are you trying for?  2

Month/Cycle?  3/4

WTO/TWW?  WTO, but may turn into TWW shortly (CD16)

Ages of other child(ren)?  2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle?  My body is taking forever to ovulate.  Ugh.  Usually I ovulate between CD13 and CD16, and my hormones have just been sitting at the same levels for days.  They crept up a bit tonight - enough for us to try - but we shall see.   It often takes me 2 days to ovulate after my hormone levels begin rising, but we didn't want to waste a chance.

Any questions?  No.

Rant/Rave?  See above, I guess?

GTKY: What is your current home trend pet-peeve?  I am not a home design sort of person, and we are currently renting in an expensive area of the country while saving for a house, so right now I couldn't make any major changes anyway.  If I could, I would just make the house a little bigger, lol.  I've seen bits and pieces of enough home shows to know that we would love to have a home the same size owned by so many people on those shows who complain left and right about needing a bigger house!

@britters314 First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your adoption troubles.  It took my friend over 2 years to adopt her two children from foster care, and that was in a county with a lot of resources and no court backup, before COVID-19, in a clear-cut case of supremely unfit biological parents.  I can't imagine how hard it is now, post-pandemic.  Also, have you ever heard of Preseed?  It's a fertility-friendly lubricant you can get on Amazon that basically mimics EWCM.  I used it to help me conceive my daughter, since I have never made much EWCM on my own.

@stashattack Oh, boy.  Glad you're home now.  I can't imagine co-sleeping with my daughter, either - she moves around WAY too much at night!  Glad we started putting her in the bassinet from day one.
  • @stashattack I also don’t get how people can cosleep. I can’t even sleep in the same room as my oldest kiddo, let alone the same bed.
    stashattack
  • @geekprincess26 I feel you on the home front! I love our townhome. I would just like something a lil bit bigger with another bedroom or two and that's in. All I can think of with huge homes is how much their heating/ac bills must be LOL!

@mambo5-2 I hope your back starts feeling better!

@britters314 I've definitely thought about a sitter a time or two for even just random days when I need to get stuff done! Maybe that could work!
  • Mambo has to cosleep....not because I want too because mambos 8 year old has the anxiety and thinks she's gonna get kidnapped so if anyone wants to sleep she must sleep with mommy. Mambo hates it. Mambo has done therapy with said child and sleep studies and meds. Mambo is very tired. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

stashattack
  • PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    britters314mambo5-2
  • @stashattack I will paint my house back to neutral colors if I want to sell it but if DD1 wants a bright teal room, girl is getting it. (Its BRIGHT teal)

@geekprincess26 I have a huge house, I have a love hate relationship with it. But even in big houses nothing drives me nuts more than weird uses of space. Looking at houses where you literally could fit a bed in the bathroom made no sense to me. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

stashattack
  • @mambo5-2 this! I'm totally down if that's what needs to happen to repaint (well not thrilled but will do it). But while I'm living in it, it's gonna be painted the colors I want!
  • @geekprincess26 The ridiculously slow court system is definitely a factor in us deciding to try domestic adoption this time around, but we’ve been open for another placement for a year and a half and haven’t even gotten any calls. If we are going to have to keep waiting so long, we might as well do a private adoption. Plus that has less uncertainty, which would be better for our kids. And I have heard of Preseed, but never used it since I normally have plenty of EWCM. I may have to try it out if this keeps up, though.
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 2/1

WTO/TWW? Who knows? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 4, 1.75

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling a little off, so hoping that means AF is coming soon. On day 55 (ugh) but am coming up on 2 weeks past what seemed like an O - or O attempt. 

Any questions? Any advice to encourage AF? I know the usuals like wear white and forget to pack supplies on a road trip 🤣

Rant/Rave? Back to work after a week off and I’m not ready. 

GTKY: What is your current home trend pet-peeve? Painting brick. Definitely with @mambo5-2 on this one! 
  • @halfanewt bitching about her not coming around a bunch did the trick for me 😹
  • @halfanewt Having sex usually does it for me
  • @mambo5-2 OUCH.  OUCH.  OUCH.  How are you still sane?  I REALLY hope she outgrows this phase soon!

@halfanewt Try a pregnancy test.  That did it for me a few months ago, right before we started trying again when I had an insanely long cycle.  I took the test that morning and started bleeding that afternoon, lol.

@britters314 Wow.  A year and a half?  That's crazy!  I'd be doing a private adoption, too.  FX that changing things up works for you guys in a big way.

Odd, really, because this month I am swimming in EWCM.  Normally I produce next to none.  It seems we've swapped this cycle!

AFM, I finally got a high OPK reading this evening on my third day of a HSO cervix and EWCM, so my body has apparently decided to ovulate this month after all.  Time to HIO.
    britters314
  • mambo5-2mambo5-2 member
    @halfanewt pregnancy test, plan a trip in a hotel, sex, have the kids go to grandmas for a night

@geekprincess26 Who said I am sane.... I'm trying for #4, that takes a "touch" of insanity. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

stashattack
  • Thanks all! Apparently all I had to do was ask 🙄 anyway, CD1! 

@geekprincess26 good luck! 

@mambo5-2 hope you can get some good sleep soon! We still co-sleep. My little refused a crib after the 6 month mark, and, well, I like sleep. So co-sleep it is. 
    britters314stashattackmambo5-2
  • What number are you trying for? 2 

Month/Cycle? 1

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m a little bitter that I’m here (TW recent loss) but Just hoping for a normal cycle whether it works out or not. Will be comforting to know my body is working. 

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave?  We co-sleep and I love it lol but it’s time to kick her out. My husband works nights so it’s been nice not to sleep alone. 

GTKY: What is your current home trend pet-peeve? 

I don’t know if it’s current… but rooms meant to be pretty but not used. 
    mambo5-2
  • @bumbly_b23 I'm very sorry you are here under those circumstances.  I hope that you conceive again quickly.

@halfanewt Wow!  Solution #107 to AF not appearing: post about it online.

@mambo5-2 You and my mom would have a lot to talk about!  She and my dad said they went into their marriage wanting "a number" of children.  They ended up with six - five planned, one (very welcome) surprise when they thought they were done.
    stashattackbumbly_b23mambo5-2
  • mambo5-2mambo5-2 member
    @bumbly_b23 I am sorry that you are here. Loss mama here as well. And rooms that are meant to be pretty and not used DRIVE ME NUTS!

@geekprincess26 I wanted 8 when I was younger. H told me hecks no. Then we had 2 and then #3 came with complications. And now five years later we are going for #4. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

bumbly_b23
  • @mambo5-2 Ha!  I couldn't decide between 8 and 12 when I was a teenager, but that was my large family background talking.  I realized when I got older and wiser that I am not temperamentally suited to have a lot of children.  However, I have the utmost respect for those who are, such as yourself and my mother.

AFM, I FINALLY ovulated today, if my FF chart is anything to go by.  It only took 18 days.  Sigh.  At least it happened eventually.
    britters314bumbly_b23mambo5-2stashattack