Sep 25/ 9+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n):

A cherry

Upcoming appointments:

Friday for a regular OB appointment

How are you feeling? 

Tired, and still some nausea which is unusual for me. I randomly threw up again over the weekend, ugh.

Raves/Rants: 

It’s supposed to be almost 80 degrees on Thursday, highly unusual for February in Maryland. I’m so excited to do some work outside and may block some time on my calendar to take a nice long walk. 

Questions: 

NIPT testing: have any of you paid out of pocket? I don’t believe my insurance will cover it (waiting to hear back), so I’m not sure the best way to go about it. My practice offers the Myriad Prequel testing.

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: 

I don’t really eat fast food, but I can put down some Chick-fil-A nuggets once in a while. 

• EDD/Weeks + days:

September 2nd/ 12 weeks + 3 days 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Unknown at the moment 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Lime 

Upcoming appointments:

2nd prenatal appointment tomorrow at prenatal clinic 

How are you feeling? 

Im feeling OK. Nausea is slowly going away and im keep food down but it’s very limited to the type of food I choose to eat. Not throwing up or gagging 24/7. 

Raves/Rants: 

Having a high sense of smell while pregnant really sucks. Smells that helped are lemon scented smells. 

Questions: 

Has Anyone experienced brown discharge at 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant?? 

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: can’t really hold down fast food, had Burger King yesterday and threw it all up. I was so sad 😞 😭

• Loading the player...
  • I’ll come back for a real post at some point but @cammie0526 I’m in Maryland, too. With my daughter in 2019 I paid for Natera Panorama out of pocket, they have a self pay option that is $250
  • @anniemarie887 Hi neighbor! Thank you, that’s helpful. I figured it would be somewhere in that ballpark, but have seen a pretty big variance in my random Google searches. 
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 12+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: our first blue 😬

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming appointments: 12 wk US 02/23

How are you feeling? Nervous and starting to get nausea which is weird since I’m already 12 weeks? Thinking it’s bc of boy - but has anyone else strayed nausea way late in their first trimester? 

Raves/Rants: none this week

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: Chick-fil-A (though if pizza counts then Pizza Hut 😬) 

• EDD/Weeks + days: 9/15 (10+4)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): no idea

Upcoming appointments: Loads! MFM consult, 12 week OB, MFM follow up and u/s all in the next few weeks.

How are you feeling? Exhausted and emotional. I'm so tired of this nausea; I just can't keep anything down anymore. Wondering if I'm going to be referred for IV fluids at my next OB appointment, which happened a few times when I was pregnant with my son.

Raves/Rants: Morning sickness can kiss my ass. I'm so over it.

Questions: natm

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: I'm not really a fast food person, generally speaking. When I'm back in California I try to stop at In N Out, but just the thought of fast food makes me gag right now.

• edited February 2023
    @cammie0526 Ours is through Natera, but my doctor’s office said the cash pay amount of the test shouldn’t be more than about $100 if insurance doesn’t cover it, and to call if we got a bill for more than that. They aren’t at all as expensive as they were even just 5 years ago when I was pregnant with my son, and it was like $1200. 

@moemoe_princess I had brown and pink spotting basically all of first trimester (I don’t recall when it stopped) with my second pregnancy- no other complications, and she’s now 8.

@sdunstan I’m normally nauseous until like 16-20 weeks - it’s odd for me this pregnancy that I’m not. So, unfortunately, while it’s normal to go away between 10-12 weeks, it’s also normal not to quite yet….

@lovelikestardust I’m sorry you’re so sick!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• EDD/Weeks + days: Sept. 5 /12W2D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blood test says girl

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming appointments: Friday we'll have our first in-person. Crazy because with my last I had already had 4 appointments by this point, he's my rainbow baby so doc was very proactive early on

How are you feeling? Tired a lot, we just moved houses too and I'm lucky if I make it to 3pm without wanting a nap. Fortunately hubs and I are self employed and I can sneak a nap in if needed in the back of our storefront 

Raves/Rants: Total 1st world problem - annoyed that Lowes sent a busted dryer (looked like someone drove a forklift bar through the front of it) we are fortunate that our old washer and dryer is still hooked up at our rental so we are spending the morning here doing some laundry but grr

Questions: none really

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: I'm unfortunately a fast food junkie 😅 lately I've been on an Arby's kick though trying to avoid it as much as possible 
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 11w4d, Sept 9

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Some apps say kiwi, others strawberry. Idk.

Upcoming appointments: 12w OB and NIPT early next week. 

How are you feeling? Anxious. Tired. Nauseous. Hopeful. Blurry. 

Raves/Rants: I thought that it was ending over the weekend but my nausea is back and vengeful. I had to take 1/2 day off of work today.

Questions: Nah

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: Chick fil A. 

• Forgot to check-in this week. I'll come back for tags if I can muster up the energy.

EDD/Weeks + days: Sept. 27th/9+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry I guess

Upcoming appointments: maybe Saturday or Tuesday for bloodwork, hoping to get off of the progesterone because my side effects suck

How are you feeling? Terrible, exhausted, nauseous, vomiting on occasion, terrible motion sickness, constant headaches, and a ton of work to do.

Raves/Rants: Top exhausted to rave or rant. Starting classes next week, 16 hours next week then up to 24 the week after. Have no idea how I'll pull through, students will definitely be suspicious

Questions: I can't drink water. The only thing I seem to be able to drink is sugary boba. Any suggestions for less sugary things?

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: Does the university cafeteria count? It is fast and it is food
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 11 w / 9/14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green…I think/hope, but husband is having second thoughts!

Baby is the size of a(n): lime! 

Upcoming appointments: just had NIPT blood draw and quick ultrasound on Monday, go back for NT scan on 3/6

How are you feeling? TIRED. Exhausted. I was tired before, but this last week, I’d really like to do nothing but sleep (but, kids and work). 

Raves/Rants: Just super anxious to get NIPT results back and have the NT scan done! Everything looked good at our quick ultrasound on Monday, though, so that was reassuring (or so my doctor says, ha), and she switched it to 3D, and you could see all of baby’s little fingers and toes already! 

Questions: 

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: I stole this from the august board, and I’m honestly not a big fast food person. 😅 I guess chik-fil-a. Or chipotle.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @mokamonster My last pregnancy, I drank a lot of sparkling water with a couple chunks of frozen strawberries thrown in, a lot of the time! Something between the fizzy, strawberries, and super cold from the frozen fruit helped. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• EDD/Weeks + days: 9/13, 11w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green 

Baby is the size of a(n): a fetus

Upcoming appointments: 3/6 for NT and NIPT

How are you feeling? I think coming out of the first trimester fog 🤞🏼 I hope I’m not jinxing myself. I had a great pregnancy with my daughter, and I am hopeful to feel good, and energetic this time, too  

Raves/Rants: I think the last vestiges of this nasty cold I had are gone. The amount of green snot I had at the start of the week was foul. I’m about to board a plane in 4 hours for Florida with my best friend, woohoo!

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: In-N-Out which I can’t get on the east coast, so for actual availability I’ll say Shake Shack. I love a cheeseburger. 

• @mokamonster I’ve been off progesterone for almost a week and my heartburn is better, and my bloat is sooooo much better. 
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 9/25 9w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): soda can tab

Upcoming appointments: I'll have my blood drawn on 2/27 for nipt then my nt scan is 3/16

How are you feeling? Okay. Still really exhausted. I was feeling pretty down and useless over the weekend but I've been feeling better as the week goes on.

Raves/Rants: We got just enough snow today for it to be a nuisance. It took my car 4 tries to get up the steep driveway to work. I really questioned if it was going to make it.

Questions: does anyone elses heart rate feel way higher than normal while standing or doing basic things? I remember this happening way later in my last pregnancy and I feel like it's too soon. I'm constantly having to sit down to rest while just getting ready in the morning. I haven't worked out much since getting pregnant but was in pretty good shape before.

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: It used to be Wendy's until they discontinued the spicy chicken go wrap. Chipotle just came to my town though and I've enjoyed it, so I'll say Chipotle if that counts.
  • As I halfway expected might happen, I'm in the ER getting IV fluids right now. Perfect time to come back for tags!

@cammie0526 We haven't gotten there yet, but with my son in 2019 our panel was through Natera. Our insurance ended up covering it, but my OB's office made sure to let us know that if there were any issues, there was an option to work with Natera that I think would have ended up around $200. Boston area, in case geography makes a difference.

@sdunstan Morning sickness for me seems to start early on, but when I was pregnant with my son it did last well into the second trimester. I also have a couple friends whose morning sickness didn't start until ~9-10 weeks, so I don't think it's wholly out of the ordinary.

@azmamatobe I hope you got a replacement dryer from Lowes!

@mokamonster I can't do this right now, but a mix of lemonade and sparkling water (maybe a 30-70 mix) worked for me a few weeks ago.

@runningyogimama Ahhh those 3D scans are amazing! 

@anniemarie887 Have fun in Florida! 

@woodland26 Yes, I'm definitely feeling winded easier now, and like you, I don't remember it happening anywhere near this early with my son. I talked to my OB and she said to focus on getting over the morning sickness before worrying about that, but if it got to a point where I was truly short of breath or gasping for air, to call her back and let her know. 
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 11 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): I always forget to look lol. I think it said a pea 

Upcoming appointments: next week 

How are you feeling? Still nauseous and will puke the second I smell something I don’t agree with

Raves/Rants: so close to second tri and hopefully in a few weeks will be feeling better…..

GTKY What is your favorite fast food restaurant?: I tend to go for a salad or chicken but you never can go wrong with old school chicken strips and fries…..which now I’m craving haha

• anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited February 2023
    @woodland26 I’m in Disney right now and it’s downright embarrassing for me when I look at my heart rate when I’m walking. Easily 100bpm. I wear an Apple Watch and my resting HR is up about 9pts. 
  • @lovelikestardust and @anniemarie887 good to know I'm not the only one. I'm hoping to get into some light workouts in the 2nd tri to hopefully improve my stamina for doing everyday things. My hr is in the 100s when I'm just packing my lunch in the morning.
  • @woodland26 the last 4 days is the most working out I’ve done since dec (avg about 9-10 miles per day and I just check my HR was getting up to 120bpm at certain points). I brought this up with my OB about just feeling crappy and unmotivated, she was like don’t push it right now. Get through first tri and hopefully feel better. It’s hard tho, I was in a really good exercise routine prior to getting pregnant. This is my 2nd, but I’m four years older and def want to be mindful of taking care of myself. 
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 9/25 10w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussels sprout 

Upcoming appointments: 3/16 for nt scan

How are you feeling? Really tired, a little nauseous, anxious. The usual for me.

Raves/Rants: I had a scare that I'm going to post in a spoiler due to length and possible TW. It's all good now though. 

So I went for my NIPT blood draw Monday evening and they also did some standard 1st tri blood work. The results came back for the 1st tri blood work Tuesday and I have Kell antibodies. I had known that I was rh- from my pregnancy with DD and got rhogam and DD ended up rh- anyway so it didn't even matter. Other antibodies were not even on my radar. Kell is similar to rh in that if mother is kell-, which I am, and baby is Kell+ the mother could develop antibodies that could attack the baby's blood making the pregnancy super high risk, requiring close monitoring for fetal anemia and possible fetal blood transfusions and blood transfusions after birth. Freaked me right out. There were two likely place I could have got this from. Either the blood transfusions I had post birth with DD (massive hemorrhage) or from DD. If I got it from DD, DH would definitely be Kell+ and this baby would have a 50% or 100% change of being Kell+. Fwiw about 10% of the population is Kell+. So the next step was to test DH. Luckily they were able to draw his blood yesterday and we got the results a few hours later and he is Kell-! Baby is safe and I definitely got it from the blood transfusions. I still have so many questions but for now I'm relieved. 

Questions: none

GTKY - What is your favorite season, and why? Fall. I live in new England so the foliage is great and it's the best hiking weather.

• @woodland26 Ahh that sounds like such an unexpected scare! So glad it turned out to be okay. 
  • @cammie0526 it sure was. Thanks so much!

Also...oops I posted in the wrong weekly check in somehow. Clearly I can't think straight this week 🤪