Breastfeeding

Baby still won’t latch, 2 weeks.

Hey mommas!

Long story short, he was born with a “sunken/recessed” chin. I was hoping as he got a couple weeks old he’d get used to my nipple but he doesn’t even try to bite/suck but he will nod his head searching for it. 
I am afraid my nipple itself is very wide/big. 

Is there any positions that might make it easier for him? Or how long did it take for your baby to be able to latch if at all. Exclusively pumping is starting to take a mental toll on me and I’m desperate. And my dr just says it’s a waiting game to see if his jaw gets stronger but I don’t trust his input due to his history.

Thanks for the help mommas.

Re: Baby still won’t latch, 2 weeks.

• Have you been working with a lactation consultant? If not, definitely get a IBCLC to work with you. Insurance will likely cover it, and she may even be able to come to your home. She can give you all the info on positions, if a nipple shield or something might help, how to protect your supply, etc. The Lactation Network is super helpful because you can search for someone near you to match you with and they'll deal with all the insurance stuff. https://lactationnetwork.com/