Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o Feb 13

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

Re: TFAS w/o Feb 13

• Options
    stashattackstashattack member
    edited February 2023
    What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/3

WTO/TWW? waiting for my period 

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Can it just end? 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Our top daycare has a new director and didn't know she was at capacity for 2-day a week kiddos. The back up options aren't bad, but clearly not as ideal as our top choice for a few reasons. I'm a little frustrated. At 3 days a week is just a bit crazy for us to pay right now.

GTKY: What are your Valentine’s Day plans? Ummmm I have no idea? Getting ready for our disney trip next week.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? 3, but first two are adopted/being adopted

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 and 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just hoping I don’t get sick again so we can actually have a chance this cycle

Any questions?

Rant/Rave? We are meeting with our adoption attorney today to go over the paperwork for adopting our 4 year old. Excited to finally get the ball rolling on this!

GTKY: What are your Valentine’s Day plans? We’ll be celebrating this coming weekend. We are going to see Les Mis on Broadway (in Chicago, not NYC) and the kids will be staying at my parents’ house overnight so we’ll even get to sleep in a bit the next morning!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2.5/4

WTO/TWW?  WTO - CD2

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I just ordered an infrared light belt from Amazon; I've read a lot lately about low-level laser therapy and its proven effects on female fertility, and I finally bit the bullet and bought one.  I'm also taking my Let's Get Checked FSH/AMH blood tests tomorrow and hoping that my numbers aren't too bad.

Any questions?  Not right now.

Rant/Rave?  Periods on Valentine's Day.  Ugh.

GTKY: What are your Valentine’s Day plans?  We get weekly dinner boxes from EveryPlate, and I ordered a couple of their a la carte items for our Valentine's dinner.  Not super glamorous, but we have a 2-year-old daughter and no local babysitters, so chicken quesadillas and garlic bread it is!
  • Options
    @geekprincess26 I hadn’t heard of laser therapy for infertility. I just did a Google search and read about it (apparently it can help male factor infertility as well!) but I didn’t see anything about how to do it at home. Could you share how you plan to use it?
  • Options
    @britters314 There are two types of protocols for using LLLT: the Japanese method, which emphasizes use of the light at the base of the neck, and the Danish method, which emphasizes its use on the lower abdomen.  I used this article as a starting point.  There's a helpful diagram about 3/4 of the way down.  Also, there's a very long but very informative discussion thread here.  You can find some especially specific instructions for where and how to use the light on pages 29-37.

Granted, each light device is a little bit different, and I plan to study the user manual for my light very carefully before I use it.  It's a belt device, which is a bit different from the devices used by most of the women in the discussion thread I linked above.  If I get pregnant while using it, I'll definitely post my own methodology and results here. :smile:

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 2/1

WTO/TWW? TWW, I assume? Waiting for cycles to regulate, but on CD41…

Ages of other child(ren)? 4, 1.75

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just waiting for AF

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Potty training my little is going pretty well! 

GTKY: What are your Valentine’s Day plans? Fancy heart shaped ravioli from Costco and leftover cupcakes. Living it up! 

@stashattack figuring out childcare is the worst! Hope you’re able to find a workable solution soon. 

@britters314 congrats on the adoption! 

@geekprincess26 I’ll be curious to hear how that works out! So cool to see what bodies can do and how they respond. 
  • Options
    @geekprincess26 Thanks for the info! It looks like it works by helping blood flow in the entire body, and I have poor circulation, so I’m going to try it for that and bonus if it helps me get pregnant!
  • Options
    How exciting! Les Mis is my favorite show.
  • Options
    @halfanewt Thanks! We have a plan. Going with back up #1. Submitting the paperwork and $$ Friday (ugh). And putting us on the waitlist (for more $$) at our top pick. And yay for potty training going well! That's always hard. I think mine might be training herself at night. It's too nights in a row she's woken up (crying... LOL) asking to go to the potty and woken up with a dry pullup.
  • Options
    @stashattack @halfanewt If either of you is OK with sharing, did you use any specific method or system to potty-train your child?  Mine is almost 2-1/2 and has shown all the signs of being ready.  We are planning to start training her at the end of this month, and we have done some reading, asked our mothers, etc., but more feedback about what worked for other parents is always welcome!

@stashattack I just read your signature and noticed that your daughter was born 12/25/2019, which is the same day I took my pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant with our daughter!  Lovely random coincidence there.  :)

AFM, I had such a terrible time getting my blood sample yesterday that I only had time to take one test before rushing off to work.  Even worse, I mixed up the tests and took the AMH panel instead of the full female hormone panel, which has to be taken on CD3, so I get to wait another month to take that one.  Yay.  At least the turnaround on my AMH test was very quick; the results came back in today.  0.37 - NOT the number I was hoping for.  I did the same test 3 years ago and got a 1.6!   Apparently my ability to conceive fell off a cliff after I had my daughter.  I'll be lucky to get pregnant even if I add the LLLT to my routine.  Some days, I really hate being 41.  This is one of them.  :'(
  • Options
    @geekprincess26 that's so cool. Yeah she was 3.5 weeks early. 😹🙃🙈 re: potty training, of course! Just the underwear method? Cold turkey? We put her in underwear and just offered the potty a lot. There were lots of messes. Lol. But it was less than a week of tears and frustration and she got it. We also started around 2.5. But she had been using by the potty like before bath time a bit. And a few times she had asked for the potty before actually potty training. So we was already familiar with the concept. It was just getting the bigger picture. 

I'll admit I may just have a unicorn child with potty training 
  • Options
    @geekprincess26 we used a less intense version of the “oh crap” method. Read the book, did a couple no pants days, and skipped the overnight pee try because my children are pee camels, apparently. Started my first at 22 months, second at 20 months - both were trying to take off their own diapers, so it was go time! We also did cloth diapers so they were pretty good at knowing when they needed to go and not liking the wet feeling. 
  • Options
    @stashattack @halfanewt Thanks so much for the input!  It really helps.

@britters314 I got my LLLT device yesterday and used it for the first time tonight.  It produced a little heat, but I'm so used to the high-powered heating pad I use on my back sometimes that it barely registered with me.  I used it on my pelvic area tonight and plan to use it on the back of my neck tomorrow, then alternate days until I've confirmed my ovulation.  I'll definitely have an update for you if it works this month! :smiley:
  • Options
    @geekprincess26 I got mine and tried it out already too, though I tried the back of my neck first. It definitely did something because the muscles in my neck felt much looser after using it. Also, H and I shared a bottle of wine right after I used it and I was feeling the alcohol much more than usual, which seems to fit with the increased blood flow. Hopefully it works for both of us!