Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Actively miscarrying

Hey everyone,
I am 7 weeks and actively miscarrying. Looking to discuss staying positive through this journey and suggestions on getting back in mindset of trying to conceive again

Re: Actively miscarrying

• I'm so sorry for your loss. For me personally, as much as I wanted to TTC ASAP, in hindsight I really needed to take time to acknowledge and grieve my loss. Of course everyone's different, but it's okay and good to mourn; this was your son or daughter. Giving that child a name (even just in my own head) and doing something to commemorate his/her memory helped me with closure (I have a piece of jewelry with what would've been her birthstone the size she was when the loss happened). 
  • I too have miscarried. Something didn’t feel right so I went in for an ultrasound and they were unable to find a heartbeat. My tiny baby had stopped growing at approximately 8wks4days. My heart is broken but I have found so much comfort in reaching out to others I know have experienced pregnancy loss. And I have found comfort in mourning them like I would any other close family member. I intend on picking a meaningful gender neutral name and also getting some form of jewelry in memory of my baby. I’ve also found comfort in picturing how happy loved ones who have passed must be meeting my child as well. I allow myself to cry when I feel the urge and then move onto something else when I’m truly done feeling whatever emotion I’m feeling. And I also am trying to find the positives in doing things I couldn’t do or things I couldn’t eat/drink while actively pregnant before knowing my baby had passed away. I’m scheduled for a D&E on Tuesday and after that I plan to actually go public with our loss in hopes to hear from others who have lost since that has been the biggest comfort in knowing I’m not alone. I’m so sorry for your loss 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think, for me at least, the best way to get back in the mindset to try again is to allow yourself to feel your feelings concerning the child you just lost. Let yourself grieve. Let your feelings come out. Maybe write about your baby and everything you experienced. Talk with close friends who will support and lift you so that you can find peace and closure.
    Sometimes too, the closure is not complete until your next baby is past the point of the previous time of loss, so that's something to be mindful of.
    Final thought: it is good to be reminded that This Loss Is Not Your Fault!!! ❤️
    Even when we know that, we still question ourselves and blame ourselves. Loss just happens. And we can't be blaming ourselves for something that is out of our control.
  • Same experiencing current loss after 7 weeks and i was not prepared for the physical and emotional roller coaster ive been on. Was bleeding 4 days before my doc saw me and since they didnt schedule me prior to 8 wks i have no idea when the loss actually happened.  I just told my little baby when you are ready to come we will be here and its ok. I like the idea of naming the baby and getting birthstone jewelry of due date. Thanks for sharing everyone. 
  • > @seaminglymeg3 said:
    > I too have miscarried. Something didn’t feel right so I went in for an ultrasound and they were unable to find a heartbeat. My tiny baby had stopped growing at approximately 8wks4days. My heart is broken but I have found so much comfort in reaching out to others I know have experienced pregnancy loss. And I have found comfort in mourning them like I would any other close family member. I intend on picking a meaningful gender neutral name and also getting some form of jewelry in memory of my baby. I’ve also found comfort in picturing how happy loved ones who have passed must be meeting my child as well. I allow myself to cry when I feel the urge and then move onto something else when I’m truly done feeling whatever emotion I’m feeling. And I also am trying to find the positives in doing things I couldn’t do or things I couldn’t eat/drink while actively pregnant before knowing my baby had passed away. I’m scheduled for a D&E on Tuesday and after that I plan to actually go public with our loss in hopes to hear from others who have lost since that has been the biggest comfort in knowing I’m not alone. I’m so sorry for your loss