weekly check in w/o 2.6.23

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your favourite movie theatre snack? 

Re: weekly check in w/o 2.6.23

• froggerbluefroggerblue member
    edited February 2023
    EDD/Weeks + days: September 20 / 7w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green
    Baby is the size of a(n): Jelly bean
    Upcoming appointments: Thursday
    How are you feeling? Queasy and tired
    Raves/Rants: Not today
    Questions: Not today
    GTKY: What is your favourite movie theatre snack? Simply pop corn
  • EDD/Weeks + days:
    Sep 25/ 7 weeks today

Finding out

Jelly bean (thanks @froggerblue!)

Upcoming appointments:
    Hopefully Thursday for dating scan

How are you feeling? 
    A little more tired. Otherwise normal. 

Raves/Rants: 
    My kids tested positive for Covid over the weekend, ugh. Hoping they improve quickly and that DH and I are largely spared. 

Questions: 
    No

I haven’t been to the movies in forever, but we used to sneak chipotle burritos in there 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + days:
    September 9th/ 9w2d

Finding out 

A cherry (?)

Upcoming appointments:
    First appointment was today! Heard the heartbeat for the first time :) Go back in 4 weeks

How are you feeling? 
    Nauseous, tired, bloated

Raves/Rants: 
    None

Questions: 
    None

Definitely popcorn - always a must
  • edited February 2023
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8w5d 9/14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: 2/20 for NIPT 

How are you feeling? Pregnancy wise? Just exhausted, which is so weird for me in pregnancy. Trying not to be paranoid and enjoy being able to eat normally this pregnancy.

Raves/Rants: I feel like I’m falling apart! I have an AWFUL cold with a lingering dry cough, yeast infection, and now woke up with a stye on my eye. Come on, body. 

Rave - Just wanted to say I’m thankful for the communities here! I was on another baby community app after losing my daughter since they had more active and specific loss boards, but the birth group board there is a bit overwhelming, and there was a long post yesterday about how loss moms need to stay off the birth month boards and to the MC specific groups only since their mere presence is too triggering, with a lot of comments in support. 😳 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your favourite movie theatre snack?  I also can’t even remember the last time I went to a move (actually, I think it was Frozen 2 when it came out with my girls 😅), but 100% buttered popcorn! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• EDD/Weeks + days: 9/18 8w2d based on LMP 

Baby is the size of a(n): a fetus

Upcoming appointments: Thurs -- i'll be curious to see if still measuring ahead and then maybe i'll accept the 9/13 due date the RE has (i think i'm also skeptical of any kind of moving forward b/c my daughter was a week late). starting to have some nerves going into this appt... 2/17 at my OB's office will also probably be anxiety inducing due to our MMC from Jan '22. 

How are you feeling? i *think* my heartburn is finally under control. i haven't had coffee in almost a week, i've got like 12 days of prevacid under my belt, and i've made some dietary choices to hopefully help. that being said... i am exhausted and still having some nausea. i think i got a light food poisoning saturday night. i had to pull over about 3 minutes from my house and vomit in a parking lot, and then 2 more times at home. i spent basically all day sunday in bed. MH really stepped up, he had been not feeling well fri-sat, and he scrubbed the house and handled our daughter so i could rest and nap. 

Raves/Rants: i'm just feeling really, quite cheesily, thankful to be pregnant after a pretty tough road of losses and hoping that all is well. 

Questions: natm

GTKY:  What is your favourite movie theatre snack? the kids pack: gimme all that buttery popcorn, fruit snacks and an icee. it's like the perfect portion size, too.

@froggerblue love another team green!
    @cammie0526 i hope everyone is doing ok w/covid
    @snj1002 excited you got to hear the HB!
    @runningyogimama hope you start feeling better asap! 
  • @anniemarie887 I'm glad your heartburns seem under control!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 9+3 sept 9

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out, so i can get rid of all of the other clothes...

Upcoming appointments: first virtual visit this thursday and hopefully nipt monday

How are you feeling? constant headache, dizzy, nausea, fatigue and overall feeling of horrible from the minute i wake up until i fall asleep.

Raves/Rants: The good: SO is doing a great job handling things when I literally cannot move from the nausea or migraines. The bad: my brother is getting married in just over a week and we are supposed to host the evening before. I'm so nervous to be sick. I told my brother about the pregnancy but nobody else knows and I don't want to say anything until well after the wedding.

Questions: nope

GTKY:  What is your favourite movie theatre snack? probably popcorn? I haven't been to any movie in probably 10 years, couldn't even tell you what the last was. 
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 9/1 10w+4d 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: Monday 2/13 with my midwife

How are you feeling? Today I’m feeling really good. Finally getting an appetite back and some energy 

Raves/Rants: Midwife agreed that a VBAC was an option for us which is a big relief. We will see how things progress but for now things are looking good. 

Questions: 

Frozen Junior Mints. 
  • EDD: September 27
    Weeks + Days: 6w6d 

Team Pink! 💖

Baby is the size of a:
    chocolate chip 🥹🍪

Upcoming appointments:
    I just had my first ultrasound yesterday at 6w5d! It went great, so the next one will be February 22nd (9w0d) 

How are you feeling? 
    Nauseous here and there, but haven’t vomited yet. But it’s still early! 
    I’m also exhausted and always hungry!

Raves/Rants: 
    RAVE: I’ve already worn the maternity jeans that I bought for my last pregnancy a few times this pregnancy, and for those of you who have not tried them yet, I highly recommend it! They’re the kind with the full panel that goes over the bump, and they’re so comfy, just like pajamas! Since I don’t have a bump to hold the pants up yet, I pull them up and tuck them into my bra. (Have I mentioned I’m single? So no man will see this, LOL!) I already ordered another pair!

Questions: 
    Does anyone recommend any particular healthy snacks? I’m trying so hard to eat healthy before the food cravings/aversions hit!

Chocolate-covered almonds or Sour Patch Kids, and a Blue Raspberry Icee!

@cammie0526  I’m laughing so hard, picturing you sneaking in these huge, smelly Chipotle burritos into the movie theater! 🤣 Did you ever get caught?  

@runningyogimama  I’m so sorry you’re having so many health issues! But I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying this board so far! I’ve been a member of the Bump since 2010, and have watched in sadness as the birth month boards steadily dwindled in participation over the years. But I agree it’s definitely “quality, not quantity” when it comes to these groups! Many other websites’ birth month groups have way too many members, so it’s very difficult to remember anyone, much less make connections with them! 

@anniemarie887  I LOLd when you said your baby is the size of a fetus 😅 
  • @starlight8323 I was also here when pregnant with my girls, who are almost 10 and almost 9, and TB really is different than it was then! Quieter (and more rules), but I really don’t think it’s a bad thing. I agree, it’s easier to make actual connections and remember who people are vs larger boards.

Re: snacks - I’m not nauseous this pregnancy, and no real aversions yet, but I’ve developed insulin resistance the last couple of years so have been trying to be extra careful with balancing a solid fat/protein with carbs for all snacks, and it’s really been helping with the constant hunger I usually have in pregnancy and making it feel more manageable. Pretzels or crackers with cream cheese, fruit with Greek yogurt, hard boiled egg with an apple, veggies with full fat ranch, an apple and a couple slices of cheese, etc (ie, easy things to have ready to grab quickly during the work day…). 

BabyFruit Ticker

• EDD/Weeks + days: Sept 22 

Baby is the size of a(n): 🫣

Upcoming appointments: 02/15 for my next ultrasound 

How are you feeling? Ugh. Just awful. If I’m awake, I’m nauseous. Insanely dehydrated because water is truly awful (and I’m still BFing my 2nd so definitely not consuming enough). And utterly exhausted. I’ve lost 6lbs already. 😮‍💨 

Raves/Rants: my children are healthy and eating again. Soooo happy about it. 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your favourite movie theatre snack? Buttery popcorn with jalapeños. Yum. 

I’ll be back for tags. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @froggerblue Good luck on your appt!

@cammie0526 Hope everyone recovers quickly and the kids don't get it too bad. Also, good luck on the appt!

@snj1002 That's really great you heard the heartbeat!

@runningyogimama You're body sounds like it has a mind of it's own! I'm glad you don't have terrible pregnancy symptoms on top of all of that

@anniemarie887 I have to try this kids pack, it sounds like a dream

@litzi-2 I can relate to the feeling of horrible from the moment you get up to the moment you sleep

@bumbly_b23 It's great your midwife is open to the VBAC. Hope everything goes smoothly!

@starlight8323 I've been thinking about getting some new pants before work starting because I can't wear anything except nightgowns. Pants have been constricting the bloat!

@wanderlustsoul Yay for healthy and eating kids again!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 9/25 7w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): M&M

Upcoming appointments: 9/15 for a nurses intake with my new Obgyn's office. I'm really hoping I like this office because I loved my old office but my doctor isn't doing ob anymore.

How are you feeling? Okay. The diclegis is working. I haven't thrown up since I started taking it and I'm feeling optimistic that I won't have HG this time. I was way sicker at 7 weeks with DD. But I'm also exhausted, probably more so because of the diclegis. I'd rather be tired than nauseous though so I'll take it.

Raves/Rants: Had a reassuring ultrasound today, so going to try to ride that high for a while.

Questions: none

GTKY:  What is your favourite movie theatre snack? Buttery popcorn!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 9/9/23, 9w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Not sure what Green means but we’re hoping to find out ASAP.

Baby is the size of a(n): Olive

Upcoming appointments: Not until 2/27

How are you feeling? Defeated. Worked from home in bed all day with nausea. Nothing is helping.

Raves/Rants: See above. Kinda miserable. 

Questions: Nah. 

GTKY:  What is your favourite movie theatre snack? Buttery Popcorn. 
  • @babysavvy I’m so sorry you’re feeling defeated! 😭 I hope you get some relief from your nausea SOON!! 

“Team Green” means you decided you will not be finding out the sex of the baby until birth! (Hence you’d be buying/receiving mostly green clothing for baby, because it’s considered a gender neutral color.)
  • @babysavvy Green usually means not finding out before birth :)
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 8w4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: today! 

How are you feeling? Sick and tired 

Raves/Rants: my dh travels for work and will be leaving Monday for about a month until mid March. Praying that life will be easy at home and I can feel well enough to do this on my own 😬

Questions: NATM

GTKY:  What is your favourite movie theatre snack?  Popcorn and a Pepsi! 
  • @litzi-2 sorry you're feeling so crummy
    @bumbly_b23 that's great about the VBAC!
    @starlight8323 peanut butter is a great before bed snack, good fats and protein and should help with nausea
    @wanderlustsoul have you tried doing sparkling/flavored water?
    @mokamonster i do a sleep meditation every night to get to sleep, peloton app for the win
    @woodland26 glad you've at least stopped vomiting, i know the exhaustion is brutal
    @babysavvy hopefully you start feeling better soon, also talk to your OB about it!
    @dogmom5 good luck for the next month, i hope it all goes smoothly for you!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 09/01 - 11w

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green!

Baby is the size of a(n): lime…getting so big 😍

Upcoming appointments: natm 

How are you feeling? great, actually! my sciatic and left hip have been acting up pretty bad, but other symptoms are almost nonexistent except that I am SO ready to go sleep by the time bedtime rolls around!

Raves/Rants: still the struggle of feeling invalidated or like I’m missing out because my pregnancy is going so well and I have so little symptoms. I’m still growing a baby 🥺

Questions: would you buy nursing bras this early already if you find you’re up a cup size, or wait in case size changes still?

GTKY:  What is your favourite movie theatre snack? Ooooo the most buttery popcorn I can get!
  • @christinamiller00 I would grab one or two that fit for now so you’re comfortable! They may or may not fit come third trimester anyway, or in the early days/weeks postpartum when your supply is leveling out, but then may (or may not) fit again a few weeks or months after that. I wouldn’t stock up on tons since there’s no way of knowing what will fit later in pregnancy or once your milk comes in, but do what you need to do to be comfortable right now. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @anniemarie887 I've been doing that recently, but seems like I'll wake up a few hours later. Maybe I should try to do it again when I wake up
  • @christinamiller00 get the nursing bras :) also, can I just add I am a little jealous of no symptoms? Tell me your secrets haha.