July 2023 Moms
Options

Weighing in on Weight

Hello everyone! 
First time mom here and probably more anxious because we conceived with fertility treatments after trying for so long. 
I am nervous about being underweight. I have had a lot of morning sickness. In the first trimester it was every other day and so far into the second it’s been about once or twice a week.
I am worried because at my 17 week weigh in I had only gained 4.3lbs. The OB said I should be closer to 10lbs by now but that it was no surprising because of my morning sickness. She suggested we reevaluate at my next appointment if I am still getting sick. 
I also keep getting comments that my bump is so tiny for how far along I am. 
Has anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations? 

Also open that chat to anyone that has the opposite concern of gaining to much weight. 

Re: Weighing in on Weight

• Options
    That's interesting because I just had my 16 week check in, FTM also, and have only gained 5lbs but my doctor hasn't said a word about weight. And my bump is barely noticeable. I think all women and bodies are different... it'll get there.
  • Options
    I am a little behind, but I am almost 16 weeks and have only gained a pound or 2 depending  on What time I weigh(from normal weight). I lost almost 5 from morning sickness.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn’t worry with it - I lost six lbs my first trimester with my first babe and struggled to really gain until end of my second trimester.

I’m pregnant with our second now and really gained my first trimester and am trying to even out through my second.

As far as your bump, everyone Carrie’s differently and pops at different times! Don’t let yourself get caught up in others opinions of you, it’ll steal your pregnancy joy!
  • Options
    I just had my 16 week appointment and I haven’t gained any weight. I lost about 15lbs from morning sickness in the first trimester but have been steady for the past few weeks. My doctor was not concerned since I’m no longer loosing weight and should start to gain over the next few weeks. She said it’s not uncommon to plateau and begin to start gaining now after bad morning sickness. So, you’re not alone in worrying about it but also, not alone in not gaining much at this time! 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the responses! Glad to hear I am not the only one with morning sickness! Good luck to everyone at your next check up 
  • Options
    It depends on your starting weight too. I was 160 when i got pregnant and im 5’4”. I had never lost my baby weight from my four kids. I have lost 4 lbs at 18 weeks because i dont eat. I dont have any appetite. I am slowly gaining now. 
  • Options
    I’m almost 18 weeks and I’m currently down over 30 pounds and counting. I’m just trusting my doctors and finding solace in the baby being healthy and growing. Also just trying not to think about it too much because it’s a little nerve wracking.
  • Options
    knottiec38775fadd25bd17 oh wow, you've lost 30lbs so far? It's amazing to me how pregnancy affects every woman differently.