Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Nap issues

Hi! My LO is 7 weeks are we are struggling with sleeping in general. He only naps on me during the day and at night it is a fight to get him down in his bassinet. He seems to have a love/hate relationship with the swaddle because he always fights it at first but still startles himself awake if he doesn’t have it. Also we have to fully rock him to sleep, he won’t ever close his eyes if we put him down awake. Please send any tips or suggestions! Thanks!

Re: Nap issues

• Options
    I highly recommend checking out the blog on takingcarababies.com! Lots of posts on optimizing baby sleep, broken down by age group. It’s made all the difference for our LO, who’s about the same age as yours! 
  • Options
    We swapped our swaddle for a wearable blanket - that solved the arms free and keep warm trick, I also make sure I lay my LO but/side first and head last. For nighttime feeds i make sure to offer both breasts so she is full and I tend to get longer stretches / quicker to fall asleep; 

I also have enjoyed reading blogs on heysleepybaby and takingcarababies instagrams. They ultimately have differing methods/perspectives but I find the content helpful from both and use what serves us and ignore the rest.