Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Rash on 2 month old??

My daughter is 2 months today. She has had this rash for a little while now, but no other symptoms with it. It does not seem to bother her, but it won’t go away. Her two month appointment isn’t until the end of next week. Does anyone know what it might be? It’s tiny little bumps all over her belly and back  

Re: Rash on 2 month old??

• Have you tried switching laundry detergents even if you're using baby detergent? It looks irritated by something. I would even maybe change the baby wash to something gentle if it's not already. It doesn't look too bad so I wouldn't worry too much about it but definitely bring it up to your doctor and take pictures to document any changes. You could even try putting diaper rash cream or antibiotic ointment on it. I used antibiotic cream on my baby's really bad diaper rash, like it was bleeding and everything, and it cleared almost the next day. Don't put any tight clothing on her, I would probably just keep her in a diaper if you can and see how that helps. 
  • Sounds like contact dermatitis which most likely is from laundry detergent, body wash, lotion, or anything else regularly coming into contact with her skin. The problem you may have pinpointing exactly which is the cause will be that it can sometimes take a while for a rash to clear when you eliminate the issue. I used Burt's Bees baby wash fragrance free on my son. My mom accidentally got a sensitive skin version and it had fragrance. He broke out in a rash from it within a few uses. Baby skin can be so sensitive!
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve been using the Burt’s Bees, so I will have to check if it’s the sensitive one! Thank you! 
  • My son got rashes like this when he was a baby, they never seemed too worried and it would go away. I just chalked it up to sensitive skin/heat rash