September 2023 Moms
Options

Nausea remedies

Mods- I checked the rules and didn’t see anything but if this is not allowed please let me know! 

Looking to start a thread on what is helping you with your nausea! Please post how far along you are.

I am currently 6W5D, nausea has been around for about a week now. 

What is working(so far): eating all the time! If my stomach is empty I get a bad wave of nausea. If I eat more, my appetite increases and I have less food aversions (but still have it to a degree). 

Lemon heads are also helping me a lot. I have a box of them and just take one when I feel nauseous. 

Re: Nausea remedies

• Options
    I think this would be a good question in the questions mega thread. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    I’ve been eating jolly ranchers 🤣 the watering effect in my mouth makes me think I’m not nauseous and I stead just excited for the candy. I’m sure my dentist would love this trick. I’ve heard eating every two hours small snacks can help a lot. I’m a teacher so that’s not particularly easy for me so I can’t say for sure. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ve been eating jolly ranchers 🤣 the watering effect in my mouth makes me think I’m not nauseous and I stead just excited for the candy. I’m sure my dentist would love this trick. I’ve heard eating every two hours small snacks can help a lot. I’m a teacher so that’s not particularly easy for me so I can’t say for sure. 
    I’m the same! Candy like sweet tarts/jolly ranchers/ lemon heads are helping me. I always make sure to take the absolute best care of my teeth especially now as I hear pregnancy can be rough on the teeth! Since I’ve posted this I’ve discovered I definitely have to eat every so often or else I feel sick.. but nighttime it seems there’s no getting around it. 
  • Options
    I have to make sure that I eat every 2-3 hours. I now know the difference between hunger nausea, General nausea, and nausea caused by a food I disagree with. I’ve tried ginger chews, ginger ale, ginger tea, crackers, etc. It’s all a hit or miss. It started for me and w6 and I’m now 9w4d and just learning to live with it. B6 and Unisom helps somewhat, not consistently. Not ready to try other meds.