3rd Trimester
Options

Breast size reducing at 30 weeks

Hey I'm a newbie here. Just interested if anyone else has experienced similar... Most pressing concern is a sudden and noticeable loss of all the lovely boobs I have gained since being pregnant.

I miscarried last year and the first sign was exactly that - but that was a 12 week miscarriage, and having made it safety to 30 weeks I believed I was in the clear.

Baby still moving, but has reduced last few days. Doc says he's already in position and head engaged so this normal.

All this is coupled with strange and persistent shooting pains in my lady bits, which the doc wasn't worried about either! I know I should be listening to the doc, but feeling anxious and would love to hear that others have experienced similar.

FYI I'm a high risk first (thus far successful) pregnancy. Age 40.

Thank you in advance for any reassurances or advice

Re: Breast size reducing at 30 weeks

• Options
    Hi! That happened to me. My boobs are smaller now at 39 weeks than they were mid-pregnancy. I expect they’ll fill up after delivery. But I have noticed if i try to express, I’ll get a little something so that’s reassuring? The pain sounds like lightening crotch which is normal as baby drops lower and especially when they engage, to my knowledge. I have had terrible lightning crotch this pregnancy. Def stay on your docs- better safe than sorry! I got a 32 week u/s due to AMA so maybe you will too? Good luck and congrats!
  • Options
    I have also felt like my breasts have gone down now at 35 weeks than they were during 2nd trimester. I can’t remember if this happened during my other pregnancies or not, but baby is healthy & happy still so I think this is ok. I do know that the breasts will become very engorged after baby is born regardless of how small they feel currently. Fellow AMA (39) here as well who had a 12-week loss last year. This is my 5th pregnancy & I have 2 living kiddos. Sounds like you’re doing everything right! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 30 weeks today (not a fellow AMA) and just realized mine shrunk a bit too/by at least and inch and a half. I find it weird and I'll probably mention it to my ob, but I've been low-risk this whole time so who knows. I don't know how to express or I'd probably try that to ease some worry 😅