1st Trimester
Options

Learning to ski at 4 weeks

My husband booked a stay at a ski resort as a Christmas gift for me so I could finally learn to ski. I just got my positive pregnancy test yesterday and if it sticks I’ll be around 4 weeks when we go on the trip. I’m nervous about it, I don’t think it’s a good idea but my husband says we’ll be with an instructor and take all the precautions. What do you all think? Am I being overly cautious not wanting to go anymore?

Re: Learning to ski at 4 weeks

• Options
    Personally, i would not go. Skiing is one of the activities that's always on the list of things you shouldn't do while pregnant. It's not worth risking the baby. It doesn't matter what "precautions" you'll take (not even sure what your husband means by that?), you'll still fall, and that's something you want to avoid. I bet if you told the ski school you're pregnant, they'll say you can't participate.
  • Options
    It wouldn’t be worth the risk for me. If something happened would you be able to forgive yourself? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I snowboard every winter, im not the best meaning I still fall here and there but normally im confident in my ability. Im six weeks and had to come up with a reason to miss our snowboarding trip with our friends tomorrow. I personally do not feel safe going because I know it’s inevitable I will fall and god forbid anything happened I wouldn’t be able to not blame myself. Like a previous comment stated, I would definitely inform the ski instructor about the pregnancy so your husband can be informed on the precautions too 🤷🏼‍♀️