FTM/STM/TTM+: 
EDD / Weeks + Days: 
Baby is the size of a: 
Team blue/pink/green: 
Upcoming Appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year?

Re: Weekly Check-In: 1/16/23

• Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 5 / 24W3D
    Baby is the size of a: cantaloupe
    Team blue/pink/green: blue
    Upcoming Appointments: birthing center tour on Thursday, glucose test/blood test on 2/10
    How are you feeling?: huge and in denial I still have 16 weeks to go  :p Getting out of bed/changing positions is getting difficult. 
    Rants/Raves: This weekend was really hard. 3.5 is a difficult age and I just want a break.  :(
    Questions: nope
    GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year? Snow usually starts in mid-November but we tend to get the most snow in January and February. Right now we have about 3 inches of snow on the ground, enough where I can see what paths the deer take through my yard at night.  :p  
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 24+2, due May 6, but likely May 1 bday 
    Team blue/pink/green: pink 
    Upcoming Appointments: had my repeat growth scan today since she wouldn’t let them see her heart last time. She is about 1 lb 11oz, and looking healthy! Next regular appt is 1/30. 
    How are you feeling?: good! Still can’t believe I’m six months with so little time to go and so much to do yet 😂 
    Rants/Raves: not really a rant, but my son woke up with a fever and swollen eyes this morning. Thankfully we were all off for MLK day today, but I’m home with him tomorrow. 
    Questions: none 
    GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year? Cold and a couple good snows. We can’t handle it here so we get 2-3 days off per snow usually. This year it’s just extra COLD with no snow yet- every time we have precipitation in the forecast it warms up to the 50s/60s. I don’t mind it this year though, bc every snow day is one more day I have to go back for after mat leave. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 23 weeks & 1 day
    Baby is the size of a: Cher’s cell phone in clueless lol
    Upcoming Appointments: a ton 
    How are you feeling?: so much back pain, it can’t be normal. If anyone has experience with back pain while pregnant it would be appreciated
    Rants/Raves: getting tough to bend over like putting on socks 
    Questions: is severe back pain normal and if so how do you deal? I can’t walk more than 50 steps without pain and have been icing and taking baths. 
    GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year? Living at the Jersey Shore it’s cold and cloudy and miserable 🥲 going to baby moon in Florida in March and can’t wait! 

Ps. Sorry if my username is wrong!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 5/5, 24+4
    Upcoming Appointments: this afternoon 
    How are you feeling?: I’ve slept like crap the past couple of nights, and I think had my first real pregnancy mood swing yesterday. It was not fun for anyone 🥴
    Rants/Raves: I’m not sure if this is a rant or a rave but this little guy punches hard! Sometimes it feels like he’s trying to fight his way out, and I don’t love it.
    Questions: natm
    GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year? It differs pretty wildly by the year, really. 2 winters ago we had so much snow we decided to buy a snowblower. Last year I think we really needed to use it only once. This year it’s been really mild except for that cold snap over Christmas. So far no appreciable snow yet, but Jan/Feb is the time we’d get anything that actually sticks, so we’ll see!
  • Options
    @lys515 I've been having a lot of low back pain myself. The end of the day is always rough because I can't get comfortable and I have a hard time standing up. Sometimes when I put my weight on one foot the pain will shoot up into my spine. I put my socks and shoes on while sitting on the toilet or bottom stair now. 
    All I've been doing for relief is taking it easy, using back support pillows, and using a microwavable heating pad. I know some chiropractors can provide relief to pregnant patients, so if it gets worse I'll look into that. It's tough: hang in there!  <3
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM w/ twins
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 27th/21WK3D
    Baby is the size of a: Endive 
    Team blue/pink/green: Pink x2
    Upcoming Appointments: Ultrasound tomorrow 
    How are you feeling?: Anxious, I worry a lot that they are okay but I do feel them, so that helps. I’m also going up and down with energy/motivation to get stuff done. I just get tired so easily.
    Rants/Raves: Nothing right now
    Questions: Has anyone had twins? If so, did you so out on maternity leave any earlier? I keep forgetting to ask my doctor and my boss wants to know so they can prepare for my leave.
    GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year? I’m in south Jersey and so far it’s a pretty mild winter. No heavy snow yet :) temperature has been in the 30s more or less, with a few exceptions.
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

EDD / Weeks + Days: May 13/ 23w3d

Baby is the size of a: Barbie doll

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: 1/25 cervical scan and baby measurements

How are you feeling?: I got really sick on the drive to a store and had a few close calls on the way home. But for the most part good. 

Rants/Raves: I struggle with body image and I have been working on myself and not caring about the number but it’s hard when I’m weighed every 2 weeks. I know everything is for the baby and I’m not resurrecting foods. I didn’t weigh myself for months and felt amazing not caring while loving and enjoying my body so I could heal. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year? I’m in Northern California and where I’m at we don’t get snow but rain I suppose. Lots of rain this where where streets, land and houses are flooded. We get some pretty good winds here like up to 50mph winds. But our cabin that is about 3 hours away gets snow, sadly we can’t travel up there due to my travel restrictions. 

• Options
    @lys515 I second a chiropractor. I haven’t been able to get into mine (he’s very popular and works for a mlb team) but it helps a lot when you have a good trusting one for adjustments. Lately I’ve been taking it easy and swinging my hips side to side along with a massage gun on low. 
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 6/2 20+3
    Baby is the size of a: 
    Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan the first week in Feb
    How are you feeling?: Fine-ish. I got a few good workouts in this weekend which felt amazing. I'm not nauseous anymore. Just struggling to really enjoy this.
    Rants/Raves: the DREAMS yall. Everyone in my house is finally sleeping okay but I am not because of these damn dreams. It's insane. And they're all scary/bad dreams.
    Questions: You'd think I'd know this by now as a 4TM, but at what point do you raise concerns with your OB about discharge? Normal color/scent, but just so much. 
    GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year? Kentucky has weird winters. They're typically not really intense (I spent 5 years in Wisconsin during and after college, so it's not *that* kind of winter), but we just have no infrastructure to deal with winter weather. So a dusting of snow can shut down schools. Cold weather/ice/high winds can shut off our heat and electricity. And everybody panics whenever there's winter weather in the forecast - like milk and bread are stockpiled in weird ways. It's bizarre.
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 5/16 23w
    Baby is the size of a: grapfruit
    Upcoming Appointments: follow up US next week since he was too wiggly to get all the shots
    How are you feeling?: Also having bad back pain. @lys515 this is something I didn't have with my previous pregnancies. SIL had awful sciatica for both of her kids and swore by her chiropractor, it's definitely something I am looking into if I have time to properly vet one out.
    Rants/Raves: Rave, we had a nice long weekend, we went to Indiana for the night but still got to relax at home yesterday which was nice. Rant, I cannot get comfortable at night. Half the time DS1 ends up in bed with us which just makes it worse.
    Questions: natm
    GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year? Depends each year. It's been fairly mild for us. But we missed the big snowstorm with very cold temperatures over the holidays.
  • Options
    STM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 23 Weeks and 3 days
    Baby is the size of a: Eggplant
    Team blue/pink/green: Green! Plz be a girl
    Upcoming Appointments: I have my first appt MFM for my Velamentous Cord issue next Thursday. Hoping baby is okay.
    How are you feeling?: pretty normal. Just getting harder to shave and bend over to pick junk up lol 
    Rants/Raves: I’m sad I haven’t really taken the time this time around to take bump pics religiously as it might be my last pregnancy. Rave: all of the rest of our shipment arrived from Germany so we are fully moved into our house and man does it feel good. Cooking real meals now with all my stuff feels so nice! 
    Questions: nope
    GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year? Chicago suburbs is pretty boring during winter. It has been maybe sunny one day so far. So gloomy! 

• Options
    casshaxcasshax member
    edited January 2023
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 23w4d
    Baby is the size of a: grapefruit 
    Upcoming Appointments: next Tuesday
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Getting random aches and pains but nothing major. Feeling baby girl more often but my anterior placenta is preventing my husband from feeling her much yet.
    Rants/Raves: Getting so tired of winter! Also these nosebleeds are real, ugh.
    Questions:
    GTKY: What is winter like where you live? What kind of winter are you having this year? I feel like it's extra cold this year and I hate it. We've gotten a couple decent snowstorms and I can't go skiing so the bleakness of winter is really hitting me this year. Trying to keep myself distracted as much as I can!