Baby Names

Willa?

What are your connotations/first impressions of the name Willa?
We’ve had it on our list for a long time, but when I say it out loud I worry it sounds a bit too “princess-y” like Bella or Ella (not that those names are bad, just don’t fit what we are going for!)

Re: Willa?

• I don’t mind it. You could name her Willow and use the nickname Willa if you preferred.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I don't think it sounds too princessy. For me the W or the fact that it has "Will" makes it feel more masculine then Bella or Ella. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My first impressions are earthy, gentle, feminine, classic. 

I like the name. It’s not too trendy but it’s also not antiquated. I don’t think it’s princess-y. I actually get a very natural, quiet vibe from it vs. Bella or Ella, which come across as more formal and trendy. 
  • My first thought is Willa Ford, but I think that mostly just shows my age. Anyway, super cute name!
  • Love it! Don’t associate with the other names you mentioned at all and I hate those names. To me it’s kind of whimsical and a sophisticated free-spirited name. Pretty. If you love it, do it and who cares what anyone else thinks!
  • My name is Willa and I am a dirt loving farm girl, but maybe still a princess in my own way 
  • I love the name Willa. That is actually on my list of choices but not first choice simply because mother inlaws aunt was named Willa and she didn't like the name because everybody called her Willy. I think Willa is a beautiful name. I'm almost set on the name Charli Kate for mine
  • I like it! Doesn’t read as princess like at all to me. It makes me think of Willa Cather and her novels set in the southwest.
  • I love the name Willa! It’s a short and sweet name that is reminiscent of willow but now quite so “out there”