September 2023 Moms

GTKY 1/11

Tell us about your fur babies! How many? Personalities? 
Bonus points for adorable pics

Re: GTKY 1/11

• We have a female Corgi. I’ve had Corgi’s for most of my life and she’s the most high-strung dog I’ve ever known. She is definitely a herder and wants to control all situations. She’s also obsessed with me and follows me everywhere - especially now with my pregnancy. She’s so sassy but also very sweet and I think she’ll be a wonderful big “sister.” I tried to find a picture but don’t have many good ones that show her level of cuteness
  • Awww Corgis are cute! 

I have a shih tzu. I adopted him at 5 and he is totally my little buddy. He is 12.5 now. He’s my little world traveller as he moved from Canada to the Netherlands with us and we’ve also taken him to Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Italy, and Belgium. I love him so much and it breaks my heart to know that we don’t have forever together. Here’s a photo from Christmas. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Loading the player...
  • I have a lab. She’s my little coworker since I work from home most of the time. I just recently got her after we had to put my other baby down. She was also a lab and my best friend who grew up with me in my 20s and was there for all of the milestones with graduating college, getting married, and having babies. 
  • We have a 4 year old lab and almost 4 year old Boxer…and also a 4 year old human, haha - we lost our old two dogs within 9 months of each other while pregnant with/shortly after my son was born, and my husband insisted on another dog, and then that dog needed a friend, so I told him they were HIS dogs, not mine…. They’re both giant for their breeds (lab is 105 lbs and female boxer is 75 lbs), but both think they’re lap dogs, of course!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• We have FOUR (yes four) dogs.
    One is mine from before we were married. She is a rescue, dna testing showed mostly lab/chihuahua mix. She is 12 this year and has been with me through med school, residency, marriage and our first baby. She is very attached to me and now to our daughter. She is kind of snippy so I was worried, but they love each other.
    We also have a six year old female lab who we got after we lost our previous lab. She is very stubborn and independent. Also very smart. She needed a friend her size so we got a lab/german short hair mix male who is 5. He is a ball crazy bundle of energy and also the biggest snugglebug.
    Then we rescued a white german shepherd from my sister. He is also 5, and is the sweetest most loyal dog.

Its been hard with 4 dogs, three of them large and a kid, let alone another on the way. We live on three acres and they pretty much have free reign to come in and out as they please. We converted our sunroom to a dog room with a doggy door to an fenced in area for when we are gone, but I still feel bad our attention is stretched so thin.
    Pic of all three in 2021 with our pregnancy announcement.
  • We have Mochi, a fake shih tzu - the rescue agency put his breed down as shih tzu but he very clearly looks and acts like a long haired chihuahua. Both my husband and I grew up with shih tzus but we fell in love with this little guy who is just bursting with personality!

He isn't too bright normally but when food is involved his brain starts firing on all cylinders. He makes a lot of noises on top of a lot of barking. He chases his tail as a stress management technique which is needed multiple times a day. He weighs 10 lbs so he slides backwards when he's sitting on wood or tile and his legs end up all funny. He likes to listen when we talk by tilting his head a full 90 degrees.

He definitely prefers me to my husband and will protect me when my husband fake attacks me. He loves to bite my husband's feet to try to herd him. He despises rain and pools of water and most certainly baths.

I could go on and on but he's our little baby and here he is dresed as Santa Paws:
  • We have 2 dogs! Both mixes. One is 5 and the other is about to turn 1. They definitely are our spoiled fur babies ☺️ the puppy is still a little rambunctious. The older one acts like a grumpy old man sometimes, but is also the biggest lover. We got the puppy after my first miscarriage, and despite him being a pain sometimes, we love him so much and he’s been so sweet during some hard days. 
    With this pregnancy though, we are ramping up our training to make sure they are baby ready 😆
  • We have Pippa (the white puli) and Molly (the orange cat). Pippa is 10, she’s a herding dog, she used to be super high energy but has calmed with age. Molly is 5, a rescue Maine Coon mix, she’s got a goofy and playful personality as well. She’s a total saint with our three year old daughter. 

• Omg I’m loving all of these puppy pics! Dogs make my heart so happy
  • froggerbluefroggerblue member
    edited January 2023
    This is one of my kitty. He is still young and has too much energy.
  • I have 2 cats and 1 dog! Quinn is my oldest cat at I think around 8-9 years old. She’s a tortoiseshell. Think calico on dark mode ;)

Marley is a tuxedo cat who’s about 5 years old. She’s basically DS2’s cat. He’s completely in love with her. Both cats are such smugglers. Quinn sleeps in DS2’s bed and snuggles him and Quinn snuggles anyone who sits for 2 seconds during the day lol

Parker is my old girl at 11 years old. She is my oldest baby and she is the best dog I’ve ever had. She is a brindle. My ex husband and I got her from the pound at 6-8 weeks old. They said she’s a catahoula leopard dog mix, but I don’t know. I really want to do one of those DNA tests on her!

Don’t know how to add pics or I’d show y’all the fluffies!
  • awwww soo cute