EDD / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: If you’re married, where did you go on your honeymoon? If you’re not married, where would your dream honeymoon be?

Re: Weekly Check in 1/9

• Loading the player...
  • @disneybaby23 that does seem late. I didn't do a shower with my first, I've always wanted something after baby is born. I never got that because she was born in May 2020. I'm thinking of doing a sip and see this time but same as @Wishilivedinflorida it's more fun since we don't need anything. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: March 19, 30w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): Zucchini 

Team blue/pink/green: Girl

Upcoming Appointments: MW and chiro next week 

How are you feeling?: sore, but other than that good. 

Rants/Raves: My sisters last minute at home wedding was this weekend. It was surprisingly nice. 

Questions: n/a

GTKY: If you’re married, where did you go on your honeymoon? If you’re not married, where would your dream honeymoon be?

We're not married. If we do get married we probably do some fun backpacking trip somewhere. 

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 31w4d- March 9

Baby is the size of a(n): for real life, she’s 4lb3oz already! Thank you fetal growth scan!

Team blue/pink/green: girl

Upcoming Appointments: 32 week fetal growth scan since I’m 👵🏻, midwife next week 

How are you feeling?: still really good! Heavy belly. Baby girl has got some BIG movements so I am feeling so much all day. Mentally I swing between hyper focused on baby and really anxious about leaving work. It’s been fun.  

Rants/Raves: Rant: my anxiety has been pretty bad lately with work. A lot of (unfounded) worry that I’ll come back and things will have been so great, no one needs me, and I’m out of a job. Rave: all that is silly because I literally got a promotion. Damn anxiety! But I also got dressed for real today- non leggings and heeled boots and got dressed as though I was leaving the house and it had a big positive impact on my day. 10/10 recommend if you’re in a similar funk! 

GTKY: If you’re married, where did you go on your honeymoon? If you’re not married, where would your dream honeymoon be? We honeymooned in Jamaica, but if I had to do it over again, I would choose Ireland or Mexico. 

• @heytallmama I had the same anxieties before my last mat leave. I was gone 15 months, they loved the girl that was there which was good, but they definitely welcomed me back with open arms. Her and I were kind of opposites in our strengths and weaknesses. I don't have any anxious feelings this time around. 
  • @heytallmama I have a growth scan this week too, but I’m not considered “geriatric pregnancy” for a couple years lol. I have a marginal cord insertion and a bilobed placenta so they want to make sure baby is growing fine (and I honestly have no doubt that’s true and neither did my OB at my 20 week US lol)

@disneybaby23 with my first, I had him in 2020 during the pandemic so we did a drive thru shower, but it was almost 8 weeks before I was due. So around this time of my pregnancy!

EDD / Weeks + Days: March 5; 32w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a Ken doll 😆

Team blue/pink/green: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow afternoon for 32 week growth scan

How are you feeling?: my crotch pain when trying to turn over at night is seriously awful. I can’t wait to talk to my OB about possible PT at my appointment tomorrow. Otherwise I’m just feeling heavier by the day!

Rants/Raves: I’ve been home with my son the last two days - he’s been throwing up only once at night, but has been very clingy during the day so he just doesn’t feel well. I hear “snuggle mommy” about a thousand times lol. This weird stomach bug went around daycare and hit a lot of the kids this weekend I guess! My rave is that I’m getting slowly closer to being ready for maternity leave. I’m going in on MLK day next Monday when school is out with my hubby to get my classroom ready and more organized for my long term sub. She shadowed me last Friday and I think that helped her a lot! 

Questions: none

We went to Destin, FL on our honeymoon. But if we ever do a 2nd honeymoon like after a vow renewal I’d want Aruba or St. Lucia!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 7, 32 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): Jicama? Summer squash? Very confused by these third trimester vegetables 

Team blue/pink/green: Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: Today, with my new practice for the first time. I’ll be meeting with a midwife.

How are you feeling?: Starting to feel gross again, particularly in the mornings. My digestive system doesn’t seem to want to work until lunchtime so if I eat too quickly I puke. I’m also pretty exhausted these days and need a solid 9 hours of sleep if I don’t want a headache all day.

Rants/Raves: After missing the holidays with family, I’ve had a bunch of friends now making plans to come out to visit me before baby arrives, which is really awesome. I saw three friends this weekend and it was lovely to catch up in person instead of virtually for a change. 

Questions: natm 

GTKY: If you’re married, where did you go on your honeymoon? If you’re not married, where would your dream honeymoon be? We got married last February and did our honeymoon in San Francisco in April. SF is a very fun place and there’s so much to do and see. We also had perfect weather, sunny and upper 60’s the whole time. That said, it is way too expensive and the juxtaposition of wealth and poverty was so disturbing I actually cried the first day we were there. To save money we walked a ton so we got to see up close and personal the good and the bad. My favorite part was that we stayed in the Japanese neighborhood and it was great to come back there every evening. I don’t know if there is a more authentic Japanese experience anywhere else in the US. 
  • muggsdmuggsd member
    edited January 2023
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 33w0d / Feb 28

FTM/STM/TTM+: baby #4

Baby is the size of a(n): chihuahua 

Team blue/pink/green: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: midwife next week

How are you feeling?: tired. Iron deficiency has been rough lately. 

Rants/Raves: we are having a kid-free night away for my husbands works “Christmas” party this weekend. Can’t wait! No rants from me! 

Questions:

We went to California - spent a week in Yosemite, a few days on the coast and a few days in Sam Francisco. It was awesome! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 31+6

Baby is the size of a(n): jimcama. Idk what that even is 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Team blue/pink/green: blue 

Upcoming Appointments: weekly ultrasounds d/t history of high BP which also includes monthly growth US. OB on Monday 

How are you feeling?: Tired. Done. Hot ALL THE TIME. Like, we live in Ohio and I seriously debated going outside at 2am on Saturday night bc I was so hot. 

Rants/Raves: rants: these weekly appointments are really making work hard to juggle. Unrelated but I also feel like there's so much to buy for this baby even tho I saved everything from #1. 

Raves: I think I have everything for baby and I'm getting all my pump parts and bottles ready. I have a can of formula in the pantry JIC we need it or need to supplement. Very fortunate.

Questions: anyone else hot allllll the time?

We went to Charleston, SC and Myrtle Beach bc we were young and poor. I hated MB. Charleston was awesome.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @excitedforpiscesbaby good luck with meeting the MW today! 

@muggsd that's such an odd size comparison haha 😂 I have a Chihuahua and she's about 7 lbs. 
  • Lol the bump really has the most wild size comparisons. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 33w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): I think it said bunch of celery... The What to Expect app told me a Windows 95 box lol

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: reg check up on Friday (my bday!)

How are you feeling?: Tired and waddle-y

Rants/Raves: Rave - yesterday we did a giant haul of stuff to the zero waste centre, donated some instruments to a kids' music centre, returned a couple gifts to Toys r Us for a gift card - a lot of stuff that I've been staring on the to do list and feeling like we'd never get done. Also, our birth class has been good so far. Rant - Umm.. the work days definitely feel longer? My daily tasks have been lightened a bit though so I don't feel like I can truly complain.

Questions: Did any of you STM+ use the owlet? I've been getting more ads for it and wasn't planning on it, but am curious about actual experiences with it. I think it would make me more anxious.

GTKY: If you’re married, where did you go on your honeymoon? If you’re not married, where would your dream honeymoon be? We didn't go right away, but four years later we did a UK trip. We rented a car and roadtripped around a lot of the old castles, visited some areas our relatives were from, etc. 
  • @youcanhavemanhattan i havent used one but from everything I’ve read, they got in trouble for marketing as a medical device and had to change it from an “instant reading” to a ten minute average reading device, so it’s not real time numbers. There are reports of skin burns related to the sock as well. Personally my thoughts are it’s not a reliable device and not worth the potential anxiety. If your child ends up having issues and needing a pulse ox/monitor, one will be prescribed and issued to you. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 14, 31 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM 

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of asparagus 

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday

How are you feeling?: feeling good lately. We’ve had majorly stormy weather but I always sleep better in that so I’m attributing feeling good to actually sleeping. Trying to soak that in while it lasts. 

Rants/Raves: Speaking of the storms, our water main for the neighborhood was wrecked over last week and we had to boiled the water we did get for several days. I’m so thankful we have it back! And now we have a leak in our roof above the kitchen.. 

Questions: none

We had like zero dollars when we got married so we got a very cheap little cabin in Tahoe. It was nice to have our own little space but I barely fit in the shower and I’m a small person. And we had to clean everything ourselves when we were done. We’re coming up on our 10th anniversary and I’m hoping we can plan something much better! Though we will have at least a 3 month old with us and maybe our 8&6 year old. 
  • missmuisqmissmuisq member
    edited January 2023
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 2 / 32w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Squash

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 16

How are you feeling?: Fine, just bigger and bigger. BH/tightening seems very frequent. Sleeping fine, but rolling over in the night is kind of an ordeal. Bending forward is also getting more uncomfortable.

Rants/Raves: Rant: It's so tricky not knowing when baby will come! It's hard making international travel arrangements for my parents without firm dates, both for their flights and for the Airbnb they'll rent (hopefully one of the free units in our building, ideally the one next door). Seems like a definite advantage of a planned c-section.

Rave: I'm finally making progress on getting baby stuff. Decided against having a shower (husband's local family doesn't really have the means/might be some cultural aspects as well, e.g., there's kind of this local expectation that everyone's broke at the end/beginning of the year - I could tell we would basically just be paying a lot of money to feed them all and receiving little to nothing, just some cheap clothes we don't need, so I'd rather skip it - my family will send me some things and one sister's sending all her baby clothes), so it's mostly all on us, which is fine! Also, I just bought a bunch of maternity dresses (sight unseen) from one local woman, and most are near ankle length (but not maxi dresses), which isn't my style, so I'm going to get them shortened and turned into long sweaters and tops. I've been wearing one like that today, just folded under, and it's worked great!

Questions: 

We just had a civil ceremony at a notary and didn't go on a honeymoon right away, but went to the Galapagos Islands later that same year (not far from us here in Colombia) and then NYC and the Dominican Republic over the next two years, so I think we're counting those! The all-inclusive resort we stayed at in the DR was adults only, and I'm so glad we did that, given that that stage of our life is clearly over now :)
  • @miss_lynn9 haha this comes from a “millennial size chart” so I think they may have been trying overly hard to be relevant 😂
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 29.5 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Mr. Potato Head. My app calls it "80/90's trivia". I won't feel old until they have to change it to 90's/2000's.

Team blue/pink/green: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: Early Feb for 32 week appt, though I haven't scheduled it yet.

How are you feeling?: Kind of awful. My job is technically an office job, but it's very active and I am struggling to keep up. The lower back/hip/sciatica pain has been so much worse this pregnancy. Fortunately, my replacement showed up this week so I've only got 1-2 weeks left. Then I can go sit at a desk somewhere and get off my feet.

Rants/Raves: Rant - Just a rough week at work because other people aren't doing their jobs. Rave - I've been managing to get decent sleep at night, a5 least.

Questions:

GTKY: If you’re married, where did you go on your honeymoon? If you’re not married, where would your dream honeymoon be? We didn't take one when we first got married because we were poor college students, but a few years later we went to Disney World as our "honeymoon". Not a honeymoon, but a few years after that we did a Southeast Asian cruise and I would love to do that again. Or even just visit Singapore and Japan again. Israel and Ireland are also on the bucket list.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 32+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM

Baby is the size of a(n): Squash

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: End of next week

How are you feeling?: Achy. This pregnancy has been a little more tough than my last 3. Can I blame it on turning 30?

Rants/Raves: Kids haven't gone back to normal after Christmas break. Bedtime as been rough and they've been getting up at night a lot. And the 5yo has gone back to wetting the bed more often. We were almost out of overnight pullups.
    Rave: I got the nursery set up, 1yo moved into his room, and my hospital bag halfway packed. I want to start keeping it in the car around 36ish weeks, just in case.

Questions:

We had a short 2 day honeymoon in Destin, FL, and then a longer 1 week vacay about a month later in the mountains of NC. The first one was actually better because we had more stuff to do. The cabin was pretty remote and we got bored, lol.

@shorty-sar - How long will the house take to be put up? For me, lightning crotch felt like a stab through my cervix.

@disneybaby23 - My baby "party" (just immediate family with a small cake) is Feb 4th, and I'm planning on giving birth Feb 20th. So a little over 2 weeks before. 1 month sounds okay, but 6 weeks would be better.

@mamahosch - We honeymooned in the same place. Small world! What all did you do in Destin?

@youcanhavemanhattan - We used the previous versions of the Owlet sock, but now they changed it to a "sleep tracking device" which is basically useless to me. I wanted it for peace of mind as heart conditions run in our family. 
  • @marebear15 that’s awesome!! We went parasailing, went on a sunset dolphin cruise, took a charter boat out to Crab Island, and ate so much yummy seafood! And lots of beach time :) what about you guys?  
  • @marebear15 They started piecing it together today(Thursday), and they should be done by Saturday. But then the contractors need to set up the power, water, and finish the drywall, indoor paint and putting carpet down. 
  • @mamahosch - Basically same! Parasailing, sunset dolphin cruise, and lots of lobster and crab. We also shopped the Destin Commons and saw a movie or two. We got a beach view hotel room in Ft Walton Beach, but our last anniversary we tried out a resort in Destin. That was amazing!

@shorty-sar - Wow I had no idea they could do it that fast!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 30 + 1

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini, which seems smaller than the acorn squash last week, unless it's a mondo zucchini like when you grow them and forget to pick them.

Team blue/pink/green: girl

Upcoming Appointments: next Friday, if I'm not sick. We all may or may not have RSV. 👎🏻

How are you feeling?: I have no voice, for the second time this pregnancy. I swear I've been sick at least 4 times, 5 if you count the stomach bug we all got.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I can't wait to be done coughing/being sick. Rave: I think we found a great mat leave person. He hasn't come in yet, but will Wednesday and I hope I am well so I can see him in action. Also, I told my bosses and co-teacher I am quitting (sadly) because I am taking more time off like I didn't with my first. So the mat leave replacement may be more permanent.

Questions: NATM

Puerto Rico! Snorkeling, seafood, and volunteering after Hurricane Maria. 🙂