FTM/STM/TTM+: 
EDD / Weeks + Days: 
Baby is the size of a: 
Team blue/pink/green: 
Upcoming Appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What is a TV show/movie you will always fall back on if you have nothing to watch?

Re: Weekly Check-In: Week of 1/9/23

• FTM/STM/TTM+: STM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 5 / 23W3D
    Baby is the size of a: Twizzler
    Team blue/pink/green: blue
    Upcoming Appointments: telephone appointment on Thursday
    How are you feeling?: Physically pretty good. Mentally, a little worried...see below
    Rants/Raves:
    Rant: I just learned last night that my OBGYN got fired. Nobody knows the whole story yet but a bunch of his current and former patients wrote letters protesting the termination over the weekend. He's a little unconventional and is known as the VBAC guru in my area, and the hospital system just got a new CEO, so the rumor is that he got terminated for a difference of opinion. 
    This is all very new and a number of things could happen...he could get hired by a different hospital system, he could get hired back, or the doula I (plan to) hire could recommend me to a different VBAC-friendly doctor. It sucks because I feel like he's the first OBGYN who really listened to my somewhat complex medical history, and I can only hope I find another one who thinks the way he does.
    Rave: uh...at least this is happening now and not two weeks before my due date?
    Questions: If any other VBAC moms want to chime in with their experience finding a provider, it would be nice to hear some reassurance it's not like finding a needle in a haystack.
    GTKY: What is a TV show/movie you will always fall back on if you have nothing to watch? Seinfeld! I grew up sneaking peeks at my parents watching the show when I was supposed to be in bed and they eventually let me watch it with them. I feel like if Friends is the show for your 20s, then Seinfeld is the show for your 30s. (Watching George's parents is like watching if my late grandfather and MIL were married :D
  • Oh no @hestia-is-wearie! That's terrible - hopefully you'll get some clarity soon and can find another provider. Did you have others you liked in the same office? 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 6/2, 19+3
    Baby is the size of a: mango
    Team blue/pink/green: pink
    Upcoming Appointments: My anatomy scan isn't until the end of January (maybe beginning of February actually now that I think about it ...) Since the genetic testing showed no concerns and we already know it's a girl. UGH. So not for a long time.
    How are you feeling?: Good! Still so much swelling. Like swollen labia. Other than that though, I feel great.
    Rants/Raves: Just a lot of shenanigans going on at work this week that I'm ready to be through. Nonsense.
    Questions: natm
    GTKY: What is a TV show/movie you will always fall back on if you have nothing to watch? Oh man I wish I had one of those comfort shows but I don't really. If I have nothing to watch, I usually search all the streaming services for some wild documentary. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @BourbonBiscuits I was new to this office, so I'm unfamiliar with the other providers. But I do have a friend who works there as a NICU nurse, so maybe she can help me.
    Have you seen the docuseries Pepsi, Where's My Jet? It's on Netflix. I was just a little too young to remember the scandal, and I have to say I was surprised at the outcome--but I love that the case is being taught in law schools now. 
  • FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

EDD / Weeks + Days: May 13 / 22w2d

Baby is the size of a: Trenta cup

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: 11th & 13th 

How are you feeling?: Pretty decent, still can’t stand meat but I’ve been able to withstand it a bit to make my husband meals. 

Rants/Raves: It’s crazy raining here in California and I swear people forget how to drive. Dropping my kids off at school was I almost tbonned by someone backing out and not paying attention. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What is a TV show/movie you will always fall back on if you have nothing to watch? I don’t have a show I fall back on. I like watching something new. 
  • ashleyp625ashleyp625 member
    edited January 2023
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 6; 23+2- just a few days til viability! This date always makes me feel much better 
    Baby is the size of a: grapefruit 
    Team blue/pink/green: pink! 
    Upcoming Appointments: repeat anatomy scan next Monday because she was so wiggly, they missed some shots. 
    How are you feeling?: pretty good, actually. Still just random bouts of extreme dizziness, but I try to either drink water or raise my sugar, and it usually passes. 
    Rants/Raves: we have got to get on doing stuff for this baby! We wanted to get past Christmas before we spent money, and now we are there, but still haven’t done much! Although I did drop a bunch of money at carters clearance sale over the weekend…how could I pass up baby girl summer rompers?! 
    Questions:
    GTKY: What is a TV show/movie you will always fall back on if you have nothing to watch? I don’t rewatch very much stuff, but I usually have a large DVR list to keep me busy! I’ve also been binging all the seasons and iterations of Below Deck in between my other shows. 
  • FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 5/5, 23+4
    Baby is the size of a: bottle of Honest Tea 
    Upcoming Appointments: next week
    How are you feeling?: overall ok. Was sleeping better, but the last week has been a bit rough again 😭
    Rants/Raves: My mom and aunt have started planning my baby shower, but won’t tell me anything (besides where and when)! I’m fine with that because it will be a fun surprise but also I am so nosy that I want to know! 🤣
    GTKY: What is a TV show/movie you will always fall back on if you have nothing to watch? Mostly baking or cooking shows, because they don’t require much brain power! Also always love Gilmore Girls or The Good Place.
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 5/16 22 weeks
    Baby is the size of a: coconut
    Upcoming Appointments: follow up US at the end of the month
    How are you feeling?: Good, just intense back pain each morning so I went and bought that pillow I posted about. It was taking over my feed and I caved haha.
    Rants/Raves: We had a fun and productive weekend. First time where it's been both in a while. My oldest and I did Disney on Ice and it was awesome. Looking forward to the upcoming 3 day weekend even though we are travelling to IN to see DH's grands
    Questions: NATM
    GTKY: What is a TV show/movie you will always fall back on if you have nothing to watch? I don't rewatch as much as I used to. I'd rather watch new things as i seems there isn't time to. But used to be the Office!
  • FTM/STM/TTM+: STM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 21w4d
    Baby is the size of a: booop
    Team blue/pink/green: green
    Upcoming Appointments: next week checkup
    How are you feeling?: pretty good
    Rants/Raves: My parents sent us a high chair for my toddler which is *great*. Our kitchen table chairs are curved, so I was having trouble getting a booster seat for them, but new baby is going to need the high chair she was using. It’s nice to get the chair now so she doesn’t feel kicked out of the other high chair by the baby.
    GTKY: What is a TV show/movie you will always fall back on if you have nothing to watch? I hate that I don’t have a “mom” answer to this, but I’ve watched The Let Down about a million times since I watched it during postpartum time with kid #1. (It’s on Netflix in the US)
  • @hestia-is-wearie Aw that sucks that your doctor isn’t at the hospital any more. Do you live somewhere with a teaching hospital? They can be more VBAC friendly than private practice, IMO. 
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 21+6
    Baby is the size of a: Banana
    Upcoming Appointments: 2/3
    How are you feeling?: Annoyed at the vaginal swelling that is already happening this time around. I don't remember it being this bad this soon with the other two. Deciding if I want to cave and get a Pelvic support band.
    Rants/Raves: No sleep this week with the cold and stomach bug going through our house.
    Questions:
    GTKY: What is a TV show/movie you will always fall back on if you have nothing to watch? Since having kids I am not a huge show or movie watcher. Up until I had kids it was the Butterfly Effect, Mean Girls, Country Strong.
  • FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 12/23w3d
    Baby is the size of a: grapefruit
    Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow (even though I do not really want to go because I dont think they do anything fun for this one lol)
    How are you feeling?: ups and downs. I intermittently still struggle with nausea. Also headaches, Shortness of breath, dizziness. All within the realm of normal for pregnancy. I just don't have time to not feel good and it is so frustrating. 
    Rants/Raves: I wasn't feeling good yesterday and DH told me to just go to bed and I Actually took him up on it for the first time in I cant remember how long. Maybe since before kids lol. He made dinner, cleaned the kitchen, bathed the kids and put them to bed...which usually takes a major team effort. I love him so much right now haha. 
    Questions: none
    GTKY: What is a TV show/movie you will always fall back on if you have nothing to watch? Depending on whats avail on netflix- The office, parks and rec, new girl, Schitts creek. 

@ashleyp625 I love hitting viability! Its a good milestone. 
    @hestia-is-wearie glad you got your OB situation sorted, that had to have been stressful! 
  • @15caitlin oooh what support belt did you get? I need to get one but can't commit
  • @BourbonBiscuits I have this one from my last pregnancy and it worked well. NeoTech Care Pregnancy Support Maternity Belt, Waist/Back/Abdomen Band, Belly Brace, Black, Size M https://a.co/d/hhZVIFf

I am debating getting one like this. – Pelvic Sling for Pregnancy, L-2XL https://a.co/d/inIL0Ld