May 2023 Moms

Re: January Randoms

• I've been totally MIA lately - really only bump from my work computer and we've been on break for the past 2 weeks! I've missed you guys. 

Also like 3 of my IRL (Facebook) friends announced May pregnancies over Christmas and now I'm dying to know if any of them are in here. Although we're a pretty small group so I doubt it ...
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been totally MIA lately - really only bump from my work computer and we've been on break for the past 2 weeks! I've missed you guys. 

Also like 3 of my IRL (Facebook) friends announced May pregnancies over Christmas and now I'm dying to know if any of them are in here. Although we're a pretty small group so I doubt it ...
    My sister is due in May too but she is not in here with us. To my knowledge anyway 😂
  • @BourbonBiscuits Same here: I only Bump from my work computer and I've been off the last two weeks as well. I think everyone in my house has holiday break burnout and glad to be back :p 
  • Baby brain strikes again: I turned my car off while it was in drive for the THIRD TIME this pregnancy. :bawling: At least I was just in a parking lot again.
  • @hestia-is-wearie I actually do this a lot, pregnant or not 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • I've fallen behind on product spotlights since I was off work for the holidays. This is the schedule I've been using, which was taken from the March 2023 board, so ignore the dates. Do any of these categories strike interest in anyone? If there's a lot of interest around a certain topic, I'll post that one next. Any we should add or skip?

You can find all the topics we've covered so far here.

• @hestia-is-wearie you've been carrying the team on your BACK with these and I am grateful. Did we already talk pumps? 
  • @BourbonBiscuits Aww thanks! :) We talked about pumps in the breastfeeding supplies spotlight. You're more than welcome to revive it if you still have questions!
  • @hestia-is-wearie ohhhh yes I remember. Just trying to decide if I should splurge on an elvie/willow this time around since I have like 3 pumps lying around that still work perfectly.
  • I'm considering a wearable pump myself since I EPed with my first, so I know pumping works for my body. I haven't had much time to think about it though. I still need to hire a doula, help DH remodel all our bedrooms/baby's room, tag all of DD's clothes I want to sell in a consignment sale, and figure out wtf is going on with my provider who was suddenly dismissed from the hospital system on Friday. It seems like there are a few grassroots campaigns to bring him back, or at the very least protest how his dismissal was handled. Rumor has it was a case of office politics that happened while the new CEO's back was turned. 
  • Dreams! Anyone else having the craziest dreams, I’m talking where it feels like real life. I wake up several times in the night and I have to take a minute to come back to reality. My dreams are all over the place and not really baby related sometimes but man I just can’t deal with these dreams.
  • @jeep4x4mom yes you’re not alone! 
  • edited January 2023
    @jeep4x4mom I've have a couple where I wake up and nearly demand an apology from my husband for how mean he was to me in the dream lol.
  • @cait32 I don’t live there anymore, but I lived in and around Baltimore until I was about 27/2016ish. Happy to answer any questions you have!
  • @cait32 I’m on the eastern shore, but we’re over there a lot because my sister and my in-laws live in Baltimore suburbs! 
  • @cait32 we lived in and around DC when my husband and I first met!
  • @cait32 yes, Eastern shore of MD (like 30 min from the beach East 😂) but husband is from the area around Baltimore.  
  • Yea, that’s def not a cheap area! But so close to so much to do! 
  • Holy ligament pain today, ouch! 
  • Did you know pregnant women need to intake 50g of protein daily. 
    Well I found that out today. Since I’m basically vegetarian because of meat aversions and all things peanut related. Baby is measuring smaller so now I’m on a mission to intake close to 50g of protein of food I can stomach. 
  • UO, but I do not like ultrasounds. I have a follow up one today since he was super wiggly during the AS. I have so much anxiety going into them. And I find them so uncomfortable and painful sometimes. Hearing the heartbeat and seeing babe move around is always great and reassuring I just can't wait until they are over. And pretty sure that even though this will be a follow up, my insurance still will only cover a portion of it so, so far $1200 in ultrasound fees  :|
  • @gingermama46 I feel super anxious before every ultrasound too. And then I feel small, short relief for a few days after the ultrasound and then the anxiety comes back. And the extra fees are just salt in the wound. Hopefully that was your last one though! I don't think I had any after the anatomy scans for my others.
  • @gingermama46 I feel you. I haven’t gotten my bill yet for my bi monthly scans since 12w at my high risk dr. Not to mention my regular baby dr appointments where they sometimes do scans. I’ve also already had a hospital visit. The billing system here is slow and I’m terrified of the final bill. The only thing that makes it worth it is seeing them on the scan. But man babies are super expensive 😩 even before they arrive.