1st Trimester
Options

I know some bleeding is normal but what has been your experience?

taymsy00taymsy00 member
edited December 2022 in 1st Trimester
8 weeks today. First pregnancy. 30 years old. Bleeding for two days now with light to moderate cramps. First was red, then brown, now a little bit of both. Husband and I have not been intimate recently. I’ve had lower back pain for about 3 weeks so that’s nothing new. I guess it’s spotting? It’s enough to have to wear a pad but not having to change it. Trying not to worry but I also know there’s nothing I can do other then consult my OB and wait it out. Hoping it goes away and was nothing. First ultrasound is not until Jan 12th. Have others experienced anything similar in 1st trimester? 

Answers

• Options
    I’m experiencing the same thing and my first visit isn’t until 1/9. I would definitely recommend contacting your OB to be safe. I contacted mine who recommended rest as much as possible and staying off my feet. She said spotting is normal, but if you do start soaking your pad in a short time then it may be a problem.
  • Options
    Yeah, unfortunately there's not much you can do besides call your doctor and wait it out.  Many, many women bleed during their first trimester and have healthy PGs with no issues.  Other people don't.  My experience, since you asked, is that every time I had bleeding with my PG, I ended up miscarrying.  5x.  No living children.  But every woman has a different experience.  Call your doctor, listen to their advice, keep waiting, and remember that "you are PG today" and appreciate that baby for every day you get to be PG, whether it's 8 weeks, 20 weeks, or through a living birth.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have bleed before with my first and everything turned out just fine.