April 2023 Moms

Weight Gain

I weighed myself yesterday and my jaw hit the floor when I saw how much damage the holidays did to me. Basically I’ve gained 24 lbs at 24 weeks. Any tips or guidance for keeping it under control for the rest of pregnancy? Really nervous now for my GD test and to see what doctor says at next appt. Feel guilty for being so unhealthy 😞

Re: Weight Gain

• Weight gain doesn't affect GD. According to my doc, it's really completely out of your control. Try not to worry too much. I have gained very different amounts each pregnancy. They are all different!
  • Loading the player...
  • No advice just here to say I've gain a lot since my last visit. By my 21 week appointment I'd only gained a total of 6 pounds. I've gained an addition 5 or 6 since then... I'm packing it on fast and I've Ben trying to curb the gain since I really can't gain more than 15 pounds total
  • I don't have any tios, but I do have to say I think you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Keeping a steady healthy diet and exercise is all we can really do. We are growing little lives and bodies inside of of us!!! 
  • I gained 74lbs with #1. No GD here, dr did comment on the amount of fluid I seemed to be carrying. I've gained 40 with #2, 15 with #3 , and am currently at 15 with #4 (26 weeks). They've all been very different pregnancies, but still resulted in healthy babies. You'll be fine! Just keep eating right and maybe try to move around a bit. Take a walk. Winter and holidays are hard!
  • I think I’ve gained about 15 lbs. but my belly seems so much bigger at 25 weeks with number 3 than the last two times! I feel like a bowling ball belly