August 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in 12/27 EDD 8/1-8/15

This thread is for estimated due dates (EDD) from 8/1 - 8/15.

Post your answers in the thread below 🤗

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:
(First-time mom, second-time mom, etc.)

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling:

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What are your new years traditions?
PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
PG #3: EDD 12/15/23

Re: Weekly Check-in 12/27 EDD 8/1-8/15

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/15; 7w0d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: 12/30 telehealth intake; 1/6 pcp, 1/20 1st ob appointment

How are you feeling: mostly ok. Nausea comes in waves but not constant like my first. I almost felt perfect during the trip down to the parents and inlaws except xmas day i was super nauseous all day which was great.

Rants / Raves: both sets of parents are excited for kiddo number two. FIL was a pain in the ass the few days we were there. Just happy to be back home though. I'm burned out from family time.

Also dragged my maternity and the nb/3month clothes out of storage just now and am super relieved that they are all fine. Our christmas ornaments were soaked and water logged so we didn't know if any other boxes were affected.

Questions: none

GTKY: What are your new years traditions? we do a homemade surf and turf dinner, homemade sushi and something else. I think we are doing stakes this year.
  • Options
    @stashattack oooh homemade sushi sounds amazing. Glad your clothes were all okay and didn’t suffer the same fate as your ornaments.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingermama29 thanks!! I have no clue what happened with the ornament box. It's the only one that appears got wet in our crawl space under our first floor. 

Did I see you are from Buffalo? How are you holding up with all that snow?? (My in-laws were from Buffalo before moving away and DH still has family up that way so we keep getting updates from them!)
  • Options
    @stashattack I’m about an hour outside of Buffalo so we really didn’t get even close to as much snow. I have several friends in the city though that went days without power or heat but are all thankfully fine. Hopefully YH’s family is doing okay. The pictures I’ve seen all over my fb have been insane!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/9, 8 weeks I think?

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound and first appointment tomorrow!

How are you feeling: OH GOD SO TIRED. The fatigue is destroying me. Also trying to keep my fluid intake up but I only want things with bubbles.

Rants / Raves: Rave: it's my DH's birthday and since the weather last week threw off his basketball schedule, it turned out tonight was free - so I got my family all together for a little party for him tonight and got it all put together with his favorite foods and such with like 24 hours notice. Boom.
    Rant: coffee still tastes gross because it isn't carbonated. I miss coffee tasting normal.

Questions: Now that our Disney trip is over I'm super sad about likely not going anywhere until next December (and obviously not booking Southwest, yikes). Anyone doing a babymoon?

GTKY: What are your new years traditions? Uh...used to try to stay up until midnight but that seems really ambitious now. I also make something with black eyed peas and this year THANK YOU INSTANT POT I can do them from dry without a lot of effort so yay!
  • Options
    @stashattack so weird with your ornaments! We're working on getting our storage room cleared (mostly) out to make that our guest room since our current guest room will be baby's room, and that's when I'll go through all the baby clothes...but...I maybe never actually stopped wearing maternity stuff and my daughter is 3. Why on earth would I EVER go back to wearing real pants when I can wear them with elastic panels??? Ha. 

@gingermama29 YIKES to all that snow and being without power! Glad your friends are all ok (and you too obviously).
  • Options
    @ki1244 that’s great you were able to pull off a bday party so quickly! About baby moon, I don’t think we are doing anything. I had thought of going somewhere over spring break, but then booked an appointment for my DS in the middle of the week, so probably not now. I’m hopeful that I’ll feel up to camping in the spring. 😅

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/5, 8w6d

Upcoming appointments: first appointment is 1/12

How are you feeling: sort of back to normal. I’d felt totally fine the last couple days, then a bit queasy again yesterday.

Rants / Raves: I visited most of my family over the last few days, and while I’d thought of telling them all I was pregnant, I ended up not in the moment. I think I’m waiting for my appointment to make sure all is well. 

Questions:

GTKY: What are your new years traditions? We don’t have any traditions for it. 
  • Options
    @stashattack so sorry about you Christmas ornaments that’s unfortunate😔 I had carpenter ants decide the top of one of my Christmas storage crates was a good place to nest not sure why kinda blew my mind when I found it a couple months back thankfully they didn’t get inside so everything in it was spared 
    @ki1244 I know what you mean about coffee I used to drink a minimum of two large cups a day and now I feel like I struggle to get the one down it’s a combination of it tasting off and just simply not having a want for it there been several days where it just doesn’t occur to me to brew any also so glad I’m not the only one still rocking maternity pants lol my DD is almost 3 and I was just about to go out and buy new pants thinking it was past time and now I’m here lol funny how life works some times 
  • Options
    stashattackstashattack member
    edited December 2022
    @ki1244 I honestly hated the maternity pants I had. I'm probably going to poshmark them tbh. I have a couple shirts I'll keep but most are off season for this pregnancy as I had a winter kiddo last time. I'm probably gonna op for more dresses this time around 

@AlexisJoy92 ugh sorry about the ants! But I'm glad nothing was damaged.