July 2023 Moms

Early baby flutters?

Curious as to when everyone is feeling those early baby flutters. I think it was around 14-16 weeks with my last pregnancy. 

Re: Early baby flutters?

• I felt something like fluttery yesterday but I’m only 9 weeks but swear I felt something. I was about 12 weeks also when I felt last pregnancy
  • I am 13 weeks and have felt a few twinges when lying still in bed at night. I can’t wait until they are more consistent. 
  • Loading the player...
  • First baby to make it this far 🌈 and 12wks+4days. I’m intrigued - what does it feel like? All I feel so far is hip pain & pulling in my uterus (round ligament pain I think).
  • I think the early flutters feel like how it feels when a fish brushes against you in a lake.  Kinda between a tickle and an itch?  
  • I think it feels like a small moth flutter kinda. Almost so gentle and quick you’ll miss it if you don’t know what you’re looking for. 
  • I think it feels almost like a muscle twitch in your lower abdomen! 
  • @sgrider14 omg that's exactly what I said! Everyone keeps saying "flutters" but I felt the slightest flick like a soft muscle twitch. It's only happened a couple of times but it's definitely a sensation unlike the others.
  • babybeard2babybeard2 Just Joined
    I’m 17 weeks and still haven’t felt a strong kick. This is my third and it’s very close to my last pregnancy. I was thinking i would feel the strong kicks by now. Anyone else feeling nothing?
  • That’s how I described it to my fiancé too, I told him it felt like someone was flicking me but on the inside!
  • I don’t feel strong kicks- this is my second pregnancy and I’m almost 17 weeks. @babybeard2
  • I’ll be 19 weeks tomorrow and just today I started to feel bigger movements.  Maybe not strong kicks but rolls?  
  • I’m finally feeling them! Sometimes it’s a butterfly flutter, sometimes a roll on the inside & sometimes it’s like a flick or a pop!