June 2023 Moms

Weekly Check-in 12/26: EDD anytime in June!

I figured we're a small enough bunch to combine into one thread now!

Post your answers below 🤗

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling:

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what are you looking forward to in 2023 (in addition to your June babe!)?

Re: Weekly Check-in 12/26: EDD anytime in June!

• 16 weeks tomorrow, due June 13th. 

2nd boy!

Baby is the size of a jar of nutella I guess. Lol. This app is seriously all over with its sizing. 

Next appt is January 13th. 

Feeling better, I haven't vomited in awhile. A little bit of nausea here and there. Still really tired and lazy, however I made it to the gym today for the first time in weeks!! 

We are planning a family all inclusive to Mexico in December when baby number 2 is around 6 months. Looking forward to that, plus my maternity leave!! Having the whole summer off is going to be incredible for me. I really look forward to that. I'll have my two boys home with me all summer doing all the gardening, canning, activities I love. 
  • EDD: 6/23 - 14w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Girl!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: I always forget 🤷‍♀️

Upcoming appointments: 1/3

How are you feeling: no more nausea for real this time! Hoping I actually get a second tri 'honeymoon' phase. With my son, I weirdly felt the worst in the second tri!

Rants / Raves: My first kiddo turns two tomorrow! 🤯

Questions:

GTKY: Looking forward to a few small family trips before #2 arrives. It's much nicer to be pregnant when it's NOT 2020, lol!
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: First Time mon

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: team girl!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:her hand is the size of a chocolate chip - weird!

Upcoming appointments: Friday for an early ultrasound

How are you feeling: soooo much better, minus the heartburn. Lookin go forward to preggo clothes shopping tomorrow with he Christmas git cards I scored. 

Rants / Raves: this heartburn! I’m slowly figuring out what foods trigger it, but sometimes it’s just unpredictable and that’s annoying. 

Questions: is it normal to not even feel like I’m pregnant somedays early in the 2nd tri? I see my baby bump, but if not for that I can almost feel normal some days. 

GTKY: what are you looking forward to in 2023 (in addition to your June babe!)? Nothing major actually. 
  • @monkey_mcfee yes, totally normal! It can be freaky after all the first tri symptoms, but try to enjoy the relief!
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 20th, 14w+ 6d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM-- 2.5 year old son

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: girl!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a donut

Upcoming appointments: midwife appointment for my 16 weeks the first week of January. Also, we are meeting with a doula on Friday to possibly use.

How are you feeling: the fatigue is still there a bit, but improving. Feeling like everything is going by so fast the second time around.

Rants / Raves: I wish I took more time off around the holidays. It has been a hectic week. 

Questions: @monkey_mcfee I think that's pretty normal especially the second trimester. I don't get many pregnancy symptoms myself, even in the first tri. My belly growing is definitely a clear indicator. I also look forward to feeling the baby regularly! 

We might be looking to buy a new house to make room for our growing family. I'm looking forward to some weekend trips and being on maternity leave this summer with a summer beach vacation at the end. 
  • @peyts228 I think some people are out for the holidays but when they're back around we can probably keep doing two check-ins for the two different due date groups, I think we had a fair bit of activity on both of them before Christmas! I hope they'll be back anyways, I liked two threads! 

June 4th, 17 weeks 

FTM/STM/STM+:
    Third time mom 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Team green 🍏

The size of a pomegranate

Upcoming appointments:
    January 12 for prenatal and January 17 for anatomy scan but I'm thinking about going in for an extra growth scan this week. 

How are you feeling:
    I was actually able to eat some lean bacon AND lamb yesterday on Christmas without getting sick. I think my bad food aversions and sickness may be starting to finally get better 😍

Rants / Raves: 
    We had such a wonderful Christmas yesterday 🎄 I wasn't sure how my two year old would do but he was so happy all day and he loved all his gifts! 

Questions:

Hopefully we find and buy a house 🥺 also my yearly garden that I grow with my son, he's been trying to dig in my houseplant pots for weeks, he wasn't ready for autumn to end 😞
  • potato3000potato3000 member
    edited December 2022
    @hitcj4687 We're planning a trip to Mexico with LO around the same time! Do you know where you'll likely be going? We're thinking Puerto Vallarta just because direct flights are an option there for us and that will make a huge difference with 3 kids

June 3 / 17w3d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    Third

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Surprise

Pear

Upcoming appointments:
    Anatomy scan and midwife check-up at 20 weeks

How are you feeling:
    Tired and gassy and trying to navigate my food, exercise and sleep choices to minimize that but not too bad overall

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

Having the Summer off with DS and DD as a new family of 5!  
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    15w6 June 14

FTM/STM/STM+:
    TTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    We will find out next month

A jar of nutella? I want to know who is standardizing these items they're comparing baby to, because Nutella has more than one size haha

Upcoming appointments:
    January 5th for my regular prenatal appt and January 26th is anatomy scan

How are you feeling:
    A lot better overall, except for the fact that the front my pelvis is literally so sore all the time. It feels like I got hit with a softball, almost a bruised feeling. It's been a few days now and I notice it mostly happens when I get up from sitting/laying down (doesn't matter how long) and start walking around. Ouch.

Rants / Raves: nausea is mostly gone, but the throwing up is still pretty frequent. I've had mild nasal congestion as a constant pregnancy symptom (who knew that was a thing? Not me before this pregnancy) and I currently have a little cold so it's worse than usual. Well every. time. I blow my nose it triggers my gag reflex and I vomit. Wtf?? But if I don't blow my nose, feeling the drainage also makes me gag/vomit. I literally can't win. Probably 8/10 times I'm vomiting anymore, it's because of blowing my nose. 

Questions: 

GTKY: what are you looking forward to in 2023 (in addition to your June babe!)? Just found out from my best friend that her boyfriend bought a ring and is going to propose sometime! I'm the only one of my very few friends with kids (and no IRL mom friends) and I desperately want to be like please have babies quickly, please have babies so that I can actually have a friend with kids even remotely close to my kids' ages. I won't, at least partially because I know they'll want to be married and buy a house before getting pregnant but damn it'd be nice this baby ended up with a buddy a year apart or less.
  • @thescarletmom oof do you have SPD because that sounds exactly how it starts. Mine isn't full blown SPD, more specific localized PGP in one area but yeah it starts feeling bruised and gets worse steadily over the course of my pregnancy. 
    I've tried acupuncture and chiropractic work and neither help so I hope for your sake it doesn't get severe 🤞🏻
  • @thescarletmom I had SPD my last pregnancy and the only thing that was helpful was pelvic floor physical therapy. It is super not fun, I’m so sorry! 
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 24 so 14 and something?

FTM/STM/STM+: third baby

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: hopefully finding out in January!

Upcoming appointments: midwife check up next week

How are you feeling: mostly okay. Nausea is gone but the congestion causes crazy post nasal drip that makes my gag reflex so bad. I also just cannot sleep for anything right now. Just order a pregnancy pillow to see if that helps.

Rants / Raves: I feel so huge already!! Kid number three and I feel like i already look 20 weeks pregnant. Wild!

GTKY: what are you looking forward to in 2023 (in addition to your June babe!)? I have a lot of plans to get some beautiful meditation groups going. I am trying to set up a co-taught class for the first new moon in January at a local yoga studio and hoping it’s the first of many! I write and lead guided imagery and its one of my favorite things to do.
  • @babyrummom oh man thanks for the reminder.. I really need to get moving on the doula thing. I’m debating just using a postpartum doula this time around since I have a fairly large team at my births anyway… still undecided.
  • @kalesix3 @bridgettetheboxer ya know, I got this pain last pregnancy, but not until much closer to the end. It started sometime in the third trimester and never got like, debilitating or anything but is definitely painful and irritating. I thought it was normal, chalked it up to pregnancy pains and so I don't think I ever brought up to my midwife - could be SPD! If it gets significantly worse this time (especially since it's started so much earlier) I'll have to look in to something to deal with it. I've been meaning to start doing some stretches and see if that helps with the bruised feeling at all.
  • @potato3000 the resort I have been eyeing up is in Playa Mujeres. Still not entirely sure if that's where we will end up or not! 
  • I’m excited the Bump is letting me finally comment again! It was acting like I wasn’t logged in even though I was for ages. 

15 weeks,1 day

FTM/STM/STM+:   TTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:   It’s a girl!!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: I don’t know, she’s getting huge apparently?? 4 inches not including legs seems wild to me!

Upcoming appointments: at 17 weeks

How are you feeling:
    Our whole family was so so sick for ages, and coughing has been triggering so much puking for me. Buuut as those symptoms are clearing up I’m noticing that that’s my main trigger for nausea now and I’m actually feeling a lot closer to normal. Still puking most mornings and still have a ton of aversions and a low appetite, but I see real improvement and I can enjoy food finally. Certain foods. 

Rants / Raves:
    My husband works from home and I was resting next to him during a meeting with his boss this morning. He’s had this job a few months and it’s in the IT field which is a huge career switch for him from teaching music! Vastly different. 
    And his boss was checking in on how he’s learning a specific set of things and a certain function that he wants him to be able to manage independently when something goes live soon. And he was impressed by my husbands understanding of it all now, and he said he’s a real IT guy now, and that he’s really picked it up so well. He said if he went to a different company they would never guess he had just switched careers that dramatically. 
    I was just so so proud of him. 

Questions:

Growing tomatoes! Last year was my first gardening experience ever, and now I’m learning to grow a couple things inside in pots year round, and I’ll also put a few tomatoes outside later this year. I’m excited, and just learning slowly so it’s not too much in this season. I’m obsessed with how many varieties you can find of things that you wouldn’t know existed unless you buy the seeds yourself and grow them. It’s quite the rabbit hole. 😍
  • @pttomato I’m sorry about that scare! I had bleeding right around then with one of mine before and it turned out totally fine. Freaked me out though!!!
    Also trying to eat is hard enough when pregnant, that sounds so frustrating!!
    My second kid is allergic to dairy, eggs, and peanut, and while that’s only 3 things it amazes me how much it cuts out. Dietary restrictions are really frustrating! 
  • @hitcj4687 Oh, nice! I got to go to Dreams Playa Mujeres with my family on a fitness teaching vacation last year (so saved a lot of $) and it was amazing!
  • @thescarletmom mine starts earlier each pregnancy, it's super miserable. 

@bridgettetheboxer I need to get a move on with hiring a doula too but I don't even know where to hire one at with moving so up in the air. 
  • I am so happy these are in one thread now! Lol our group is so small. 

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:June 19/ 15w4d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Boy! 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Navel Orange 

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday for lab work and routine appt

How are you feeling: Feeling pretty good beside some sciatic pain. 

Rants / Raves: We still have not came up with a name for this little guy! I’m getting annoyed with how difficult this is. 

Questions:

GTKY: what are you looking forward to in 2023 (in addition to your June babe!)? I am looking forward to starting the baby’s room. We are waiting until after the anatomy scan which should be in about 3 weeks with my mfm. Also looking forward to making the most of our last 5 months as a family of 3 and spending extra time with our daughter who has been an only child for the last 13 years.