February 2023 Moms

This thread shit is useless

Does no one answer questions like at all? I wrote a fucking post two three days ago and nobody seemed to even know how to answer. 
This app is ridiculous🙄

Re: This thread shit is useless

• I try to only respond if I have something useful to say. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t think responding with, “No, I’ve never experienced it” would provide you with much insight. I’ve never been in labor before, never felt a contraction (not even Braxton Hicks). Maybe the birth month groups include a smaller group of people. I wonder if the 2nd or 3rd Trimester groups have more followers with more people that may have had similar experiences.
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ll jump in on a lot if I have something useful, but the distinction between early labor and Braxton-Hicks isn’t something I’ve experienced, and I don’t have any data that could describe that type of experience, either. As @karbaud said, you might have better luck on the 3rd trimester page because there are more people who are further into their pregnancies than just the Feb group (like I’m one of the first due dates and only 33+6 so even if I do go into preterm labor, there are still weeks for that to happen). Either way, your provider is the best resource here, because they know your risk factors (age, weight, gestational diabetes, blood pressure, medical history, maybe cervical length at 20 weeks, etc) and can help you decide when something is concerning enough to go in and get checked out.
  • I hope you got some answers and support. I’ve found I’ve used this site the least in pregnancy, it may be that people aren’t that active here. Not sure why ! Friends of mine like the activity on Reddit more but I haven’t used it. 
  • Hey girl,
    I think a lot of times when you/me/anyone posts here it sometimes gets buried before anyone sees it to reply.
    But with that being said, I have been in Prodomal Labor for a week straight (not the same as Braxton Hicks). It’s very painful contractions for hours and hours at a time, 2-3 times per day. I am also nauseated, have insane lower back pain and have had some blood tinged discharge. At this point I can barely walk at all other than going to pee and sleeping is near impossible. Many people keep suggesting pain pills and sleeping pills but I refuse to put that shit in my baby’s body every day considering how long this could potentially continue…
    With all that being said, I’m still just 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Unfortunately, it seems like there is very little definitive answers out there for this kind of labor. Some places say it takes 24-48 hours for true labor to start, some say it could be weeks. I’ve seen 4 doctors at the hospital in the past 10 days and they all have different opinions, but the common denominator is the answer “we just do t know.”
    What has been suggested to me is to do the Miles Circuit a couple times a day, followed by a bath or shower, and then pumping at night to stimulate oxytocin production.
    Anyhow, none of this gives much peace of mind, but I was told that it is very unlikely I won’t deliver at least a week or so early with these kinds of symptoms. Happy to elaborate more if you have any questions❤️
  • I’ve found Reddit r/pregnant people to be responsive