August 2023 Moms

PGAL 12/22

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?

Any appointment updates?

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?
PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
PG #3: EDD 12/15/23

Re: PGAL 12/22

• edited December 2022
    Weeks/EDD? 5w3d/ august 25th. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I really wish I would get more physical symptoms. I did have my first experience with bloat and my pants feeling uncomfortable. My pants weren’t even that tight but the way they hugged me was very uncomfortable. I had an intense wave of nausea yesterday evening that hit me super fast but was over within 15 minutes. I’m not even sure if that was just from all the food I ate or pregnancy. Emotionally, I have been feeling pretty good. I tested again and my line is extremely dark. If I test later this week it will likely be a dye stealer. 

Any appointment updates? Next appointment is my ultrasound. I’m scared but also excited. 

Any big milestones? My next milestone is 14 weeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Our temps are above zero and it looks like they will be staying that way for the next week or so. Which is great because it makes it so much easier to get outside with all my kids. 

Edit to fix spelling 
  • Weeks/EDD? 5 weeks, 8/28

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?
     Pretty good. Obviously PGAL anxiety is still there but my beta was 1874 this morning which had me on track for more than doubling as expected so I’m letting myself get excited. I am having a hard time getting out of the mentality of waiting for the other shoe to drop and expecting the worst. Physically, I’m super tired and my boobs are sore. I get occasional nausea, but otherwise fine.

Any appointment updates? My RE’s office is closed today but I’m expecting a call tomorrow to schedule my first ultrasound, likely this week. Obviously we won’t see a ton at 5 weeks but this is farther than I’ve made it in my last 3 pregnancies.

Any big milestones? Aside from my blighted ovum, this is the highest my HCG has gotten in any of my loss pregnancies so that’s definitely a plus. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My stomach is bruising like crazy from the lovenox. Any recommendations to reduce the bruising? We’re talking baseball sized bruises here. I’ve been icing my belly before and after shots which is helping a bit but not a ton.

@emeraldcity603 I’ve been chronically testing too! I think I’ve just gotten so used to stark white negatives or vvvvvvvfls that I’m thrilled to finally get clear dark positives. I totally feel you on wishing for more physical symptoms. It gives reassurance for sure!
  • Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 so sorry about the bruises. A couple things I did in addition to ice: pinch a ton of skin away from your body to get the right spot. I went closer to my hips and not near my belly button. I switched sides every day to allow for some healing. Sometimes the beginning of the prick hurts so bad you know it’s going to be a bad bruise— I would stop and find a new spot. I also don’t think I stuck the needle all the way in every time. Just enough for the opening to get inside. My bruises were rarely huge but as pregnancy progressed I had countless dark small ones peppered on both sides of my hips. After I finished taking lovenox the bruises went away very quickly. I don’t miss it at all but hope to be joining you in the woes of bruises in a couple weeks. Also emotionally it’s HARD to give yourself shots everyday. I have a number of memories of crying right before giving the shot and thinking I couldn’t possibly go through with it. But I did and I have a healthy baby and no blood clots, so it was worth it. you’re amazing for doing this and I’m so confident it will be worth it for you! 
  • @gingermama29 I have no advice for the bruising. Maybe ask your provider what other patients have done to minimize bruising. It’s nice seeing a dark line. It definitely calms my nerves when I see my line progression.