June 2023 Moms
Options

Exercise Check-in Dec 18 - 24

Better late than never? ๐Ÿ˜…

What's your usual go-to type of exercise (yoga, weight-lifting, running, zumba, swimming, walking, etc)?

How did your exercise plans go last week?ย 

What are your exercise plans for this week?

Questions/concerns/comments?

GTKY: What's your favourite outdoor winter activity? Or maybe one you're looking forward to trying with LO some day?

Re: Exercise Check-in Dec 18 - 24

• Options
    potato3000potato3000 member
    edited December 2022
    What's your usual go-to type of exercise (yoga, weight-lifting, running, zumba, swimming, walking, etc)?
    Walking, weight-lifting and yoga

How did your exercise plans go last week?ย 
    Great until our travel day on Wednesday (22hrs overnight to get home, 8hr layover trying to sleep in the airport -- after a vacation so, poor me, but it was still a rough way to end it haha)

What are your exercise plans for this week?
    Mon - Yoga (nope)
    Tues - Strength workout (done)
    Wed - Strength & conditioning (done)
    Fri - Strength workout

Questions/concerns/comments?
    I read something a few days ago about most people failing to adopt a solid exercise routine unless they have a deep, meaningful motivator -- and how 'being smaller' or 'looking better' ain't it 99% of the time. So I've been really thinking about my solid reasons 'why' for wanting a long-term exercise routine in place that have been helping me stay somewhat consistent through this pregnancy so far.

This LO adding 9 years to my parenting age is definitely a big one! I just know I feel much older whenever I get out of the routine and each time I do that, it's harder and harder to get back into it ๐Ÿ˜… So far, that train of thought has been enough to get me out of bed both times this week after a few days of prioritizing sleep over exercise and at least get myself moving again even if I did less than what I had planned -- so I'm patting myself on the back for that ๐Ÿ˜‚

GTKY: What's your favourite outdoor winter activity? Or maybe one you're looking forward to trying with LO some day?
    We took DS and DD skiing for the first time last year and I would love it if we could keep going at least once each year until they're the ones able to teach LO somedayย 
  • Options
    I'm pretty disappointed in myself. I had been so on top of my exercise routine until becoming pregnant. I totally fell off. I lifted a handful of times until maybe about 10 weeks and then I've been on the treadmill maybe 4 or 5 times since then. My activity levels have been trash and I have hardly been eating healthy and any manner.ย  I promised myself I wouldn't do this again this pregnancy yet here I am. My work schedule has been insane and I had terrible nausea/vomiting up until recently and now my work schedule is still busy and I just haven't had the time/made the time for physical activity and I'm just angry with myself. In the evenings, I could do something but I'm so tired, I just don't want to. It's not too late to get back in the swing of things, I just need to find my motivation again.ย 

As for outdoor winter activities? None. Being inside is my favorite activity in the winter ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I hate the cold.ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hitcj4687 ย  I find a 5min timer to be really helpful just to get myself back into it sometimes. Have a plan ready and do what you can in that time even if it's only the warm-up for lifting (oftentimes getting through the warm-up motivates a person to do a bit more than the 5min but if it doesn't, something > nothing!) Either way, this pregnancy and your work schedule are already being hard enough on you, the motivation might come from being easier on yourself instead of harder ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ha, I've done a lot of hiding in the house away from the cold this week too but don't mind going out in it if I'm all layered and bundled up properly