June 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 12/19

Happy Christmas week everyone πŸŽ„πŸ¦Œ

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/19

• Options
    Happy Christmas week to you! My son is sick.Β  We were on our way home from out of state yesterday and 20 mins into the drive, he threw up allllll over the truck. Today he has full body aches, chills, etc. I'm really hoping it passes by Christmas. I feel so bad for him
  • Options
    @hitcj4687 is he doing better today?? I hope so.Β 

Temperatures where I live are supposed to get to -50 starting tomorrow night and extending into Friday. πŸ’€πŸ₯Ά
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kalesix3 no, I may actually take him into urgent care tomorrow because he hasn't really eaten in days now and I'm worried about him being dehydrated.Β  He has no fever, but he's so miserable. I hardly know what to do for him. I've been pushing Gatorade and body armor for electrolytes, on top of water. But can't get him to put much down. I finally get him to eat some crackers.Β 

-50 sounds like a freaking personal hell. Absolutely not! No thank you. It's cold here at 11 degrees.Β 
  • Options
    @hitcj4687 oh no poor thing, I'm sorry, I hope something works and he starts feeling better asap and urgent care is helpful 🀞🏻

the irony of me moving to somewhere it gets this cold when I hate winter lol! To be fair we usually just get 5-11 below, -50 is a bit unusual. It's -9 tonight with snow so that will be festive for Christmas at least! But I need to run out and get lamb so I hope it doesn't get too bad.Β 

• Options
    @kalesix3 I love lamb!!! People always think I'm also weird but it is one if my favorites. What cut of lamb do you buy? Stay warm!!!!
  • Options
    @hitcj4687 I'm doing my best!Β 
    I usually get a leg of lamb, butterfly it myself and grill it in a zhug marinade and eat it with a Mediterranean pesto, we don't have a grill anymore since we moved so it's been a few years since I've made any. The rest of the Christmas meat choices just didn't seem special or I thought I'd get sick trying to prepare them so I'm hoping to just find lamb and slow roast it!Β 
    I actually raised market lambs growing up but I didn't like any of the ways my family prepared it and it wasn't until I met my partner and we experimented with grilling lamb that I really became a fan of it, we also lived right across from a Cava and a kabob place in our first apartment and their lamb is wonderful so that helped! Hopefully I can do a decent job with it this year, unless it's sold out everywhere then it's plan b lol.Β 
  • Options
    @kalesix3 that sounds incredible. I'm so jealous. Enjoy it!! I haven't picked up a nice cut of lamb in a long time. I usually just buy ground lamb and make gyro bowls.Β 
  • Options
    I feel like I'm literally going to cry. This is a super personal story, but its reminded me that things always always work out even when you're terrified. So the pandemic has been really hard on our family financially, like for many. b
    Mainly because we lost our only option for affordable (reputable) daycare in our area. So we've been a one income family for nearly 3 years now and I make okay money, but not raise a family comfortably on it money. We filed our taxes for 2021 through turbotax earlier this year and with all the deductions and things it come out to a ~$9.5k refund. That was huge and very, very needed. Well, when the IRS received it, they withheld our return past the date they estimated we would recieve it, then stated there was an error in our filing and adjusted our return accordingly... to about $2.5k. In early May after finding this out, I called them and after 2 hours on the phone the rep I was talking to determined they must have made a mistake because the error code didn't make sense for our return. She told me to write a letter filing an appeal and she was certain we'd get it. I wrote and sent off the letter that same day. They had 90 days to respond, and when the 90 days passed, they sent us a letter in August saying they needed more time. They'd respond in 60 days. In October, they sent us another letter saying they needed 60 more days. I was convinced we'd be denied after that and we were just waiting to be rubber stamped. Yesterday, we finally got the letter that our appeal was approved and our original filing was accepted, and we'll receive the difference in 4-6 weeks 😭 Christmas miracle. If anybody else is going through a hard time right now, I really really hope something good happens for you too. We've never been in a position where we genuinely feared being able to provide a home for our children and put enough food on the table, but it's still been really hard and now I feel like I can take a deep breath.
  • Options
    It’s so dark and rainy outside.. this work day is draaaaaagging. My bed is calling my name from across the hallway. 😭
  • Options
    My son had a snow day so he came to work with me. When we pulled in the driveway he said, "I am not ready to go out in that. Can we just stay in the car awhile?" I told him, "sure but I'm taking a nap." I reclined my seat and slept for maybe 15 minutes while he fiddled on his tablet. Worth it πŸ˜‚ I was soooo tired I couldn't stand being awake another minuteΒ 
  • Options
    DS (almost 4) did not take the news that he’s getting another sister well. He’s been so excited about the baby, but he was SO upset when we told him it’s a girl. He very much wanted a brother.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @pttomato aw poor guy! DS1 really wants baby to be a girl and even calls the baby she pretty often. We don't really want to tell family the sex of the baby after our anatomy scan, which means we can't tell the kids because they will certainly slip up on accident. And I'm nervous that if baby is a boy DS1 will take it really hard if he doesn't find out until after baby is born. Trying to figure out a way to tell him a few weeks in advance when we know we won't be seeing family so that he has time to process because I think he'll have strong feelings.