August 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Checkins w/o 12/19 EDD 8/1-8/15

This thread is for estimated due dates (EDD) from 8/1 - 8/15.

Post your answers in the thread below 🤗

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:
(First-time mom, second-time mom, etc.)

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling:

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What winter holidays do you celebrate?
PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
PG #3: EDD 12/15/23

Re: Weekly Checkins w/o 12/19 EDD 8/1-8/15

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/15 5w/6d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: therapy today, 12/30 telehealth intake, 1/20 ob

How are you feeling: The nausea and heartburn hit so hard last night. From like 6pm on I've felt like crap. It's a bit better this morning. I managed to eat some breakfast. But it's rough.

Rants / Raves: we built our gaming PC this weekend! and it works! So excited. Rant is that we can get any of our PS4 controllers to connect... So we still need to buy some controllers. Grumbles.

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What winter holidays do you celebrate? We celebrate christmas but it's definitely changed since having DD on christmas day in 2019. It's more of the spirit. Plus neither of us are religious by any stretch of the imagination. So it's definitely a secular christmas celebration. And new years!! We always do a surf and turf dinner new years consisting of homemade sushi (cooked this year of course LOL) and usually some sort of red meat. I always look forward to new years.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: aug 10th/6w4d

Upcoming appointments: Appointment this am to schedule a dating scan after the first person I saw wasn’t allowed to I guess🤷🏽‍♀️

How are you feeling: sooooo nauseous. Nothing sounds good and I’ve moved onto puking as well. Worse in the morning but definitely all day sickness. My boobs are also so sore and it makes sleeping uncomfortable so I haven’t been sleeping awesome.

Rants / Raves:grateful for the symptoms because it makes me feel pregnant 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What winter holidays do you celebrate? Christmas and that’s about it unless you count like new years and Valentine’s Day 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @justyouraveragemama I swear the nausea symptoms hit me like a freight train last night. I should have kept my damn mouth shut about not feeling too bad this pregnancy
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/5 7w3d

Upcoming appointments: today I meet with a midwife at a birth center to see if they are a good fit! Unless something really stands out as “bad”, then I’ll probably just stick with them because I don’t want to keep shopping around. 

How are you feeling: More nausea and food aversions than with my DS, but not that bad. Mostly a constant disgust at food, which is NOT like me. Only a handful of things even sound good. We ordered pizza the other night and I struggled through it (should have been my sign to eat something else), then had indigestion for 3 hours. 

Rants / Raves: Rave- I’m excited to see so many other people on here who play video games! Well, I still say that I do, but it’s been very, very infrequently since I had my first. Rant?- I’m starting to panic about the shift from one to two children. I’ve got a good thing going right now and I don’t know how to spread my time across two children. I know there’s books, podcasts, etc and I’ll figure it out. But the reality is starting to hit. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What winter holidays do you celebrate? We do Christmas and I like to try to do something for the winter solstice, but it’s mostly just talking about it and trying to get outside. We are walking around to look at holiday lights that night. We aren’t really big on NYE and I dropped the stress of resolutions a few years ago. Except I started the 1,000 hours outside last year. We’ve made it to about 800 and I don’t see us gaining much more at this point. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 definitely feel you on the panic on jumping to 2. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with just DD with her tantrums sometimes. This weekend was rough with clinging and not listening. But good luck with the midwife meet <3
  • Options
    @stashattack yeah I kept saying how great I felt and then the baby was like lol let’s change that😂
  • Options
    @stashattack mine has been willfully ignoring us and his teachers lately. Almost done with 3 years old and I hope 4 mellows out. 

My consultation was so awkward. An unexpected insurance issue caught me off guard and I totally forgot about asking questions 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just wanted to see the place and meet them. So she’s like, ok, if you don’t have questions, then how was you first birth? And even though I’ve shared my birth story a number of times, recounting it then made me cry and that reminds me didn’t the BMB have a why my pregnant self is crying post?? 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 UGH I'm so sorry that the meeting was awkward. I can definitely add it. I don't think mine BMB did that but never hurts to have a thread for that! 
  • Options
    Appointment went ok today, HCG looks really good at 43,114.9 but progesterone went from 12.7 to 11.4 so they’re going to put me on suppositories
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 9 / almost 7 weeks

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound and intake 12/29

How are you feeling: TIRED, semi-nauseous basically all the time, desperately wanting a cocktail (I'm not worried about a tablespoon of wine here or a few sips of beer there, but the hard stuff is probably not so wise). I'm with you guys who spoke too soon about feeling great. Last pregnancy was a breeze; this SUCKS.

Rants / Raves: yeah, the jump from one to two is... nerve-wracking. I already feel spread so thin just with the one -- I love my husband but he isn't always the most helpful at home, especially during basketball season -- and I have no idea how to function with two. 

Questions: nothing really 

GTKY: What winter holidays do you celebrate? Christmas for sure -- we're Christian, and it's a big deal to us. We're more low key for New Years but we'll do something for Valentine's Day. I kind of like celebrating random holidays with my daughter too (Election Day we did a big to-do with wearing patriotic stuff, steak and eggs with fries for dinner, listening to Wee Sing America all day, she came to the polls with me, etc) so I'll probably try to do something fun for Presidents Day.
  • Options
    @ki1244 I feel you. DD is home all the time with me and doesn't got to daycare yet and imagining WFH with 2 seems so daunting right now.