Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Formula advice

Hi! Two weeks postpartum - my little dude is mainly formula fed. I pump often, with little result, but I do give him what I produce. I’ve tried to breastfeed, but the size of my breasts make it very difficult for me and my little guy. 

With all of that being said, I was wondering if anyone knows a tried and true formula? The similac advance seems to really upset his stomach. Poor guy. I know all babies are different and no single formula is right for all babies, but some suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Re: Formula advice

• Options
    What symptoms are you seeing with your baby?The best thing to do would be to ask your pediatrician. They have samples of pretty much everything, so they can give you a recommendation then send you home with some to try and see if it works better. Unless there are specific symptoms that indicate a particular formula, they'll probably basically go down a list from the most general formula to the gentlest and easiest to digest (though in that case, probably most expensive, most difficult to find, and least natural). They might try soy or dairy free, but that may come from a history of you and your baby. If you're in WIC or Medicaid, that may influence recommendations, too, to help you get something that will be covered.
  • Options
    My sister solely formula feeds and she uses Enfamil Neuropro, which is also what my pediatrician recommended when she suggested we supplement with formula, but like PP said, it's best to ask the professionals. On a related note, Enfamil has the Wonder Box, so you can try some free samples. Good luck to you and your LO!