February 2023 Moms

Encouraging independence in 3 yo

Hi everyone. I'm a stay at home mom to my almost 3 year old, and as pregnancy continues I get so tired but she want to follow me around everywhere and be with me all the time. How can I encourage her to play independently sometimes?

We have been cooped up with covid this week, so it's been extra difficult!

Re: Encouraging independence in 3 yo

• I was worried about that with my 1st born too. He was only 1 1/2 and I thought he would be jealous and clingy. He came to see me in the hospital after his baby sister was born and right away I saw that it wasn't me he wanted to see. It was the baby sister. He pretty much fell right into place as big brother. Those things somehow work themselves out. Not that you won't have days where one or both drive you nuts, but it really does just work out. TV became a useful tool on those harder days. 😉
  • @lucygracelaluz2020 I’m in your boat- my toddler daughter just turned 3 a couple of weeks ago and it’s been an exhausting experience for me, too. I’m not exactly sure how she’s going to react to a newborn in the house, but she did get a baby doll for Christmas that she seems to love. She loves our dog, who is a total pain with her. Somehow, I think it will all work out just fine ❤️😘 Same to your little family!!