TTC After a Loss

Possible pregnancy after missed miscarriage

I made found out I had a missed miscarriage 9 weeks into my pregnancy and the baby had stopped developing at 6 weeks. I took misoprostol and my pregnancy symptoms went away within a couple of days. At around 4 weeks I started having a metallic taste in my mouth again and went to the Dr. They did an ultrasound and said everything had been cleared. I was still getting positive pregnancy tests but they said that was normal. 

That was over a week ago and I still haven’t gotten my period and still have the metallic taste in my mouth and am now nauseous. My pregnancy tests also seem to be getting darker again. The Dr said if I hadn’t gotten my period by January I should make an appointment but with the holidays coming up I would really like to know if I am pregnant as my family usually drinks during the holidays. It seems crazy that it could happen that fast, has anyone else experience this?

Re: Possible pregnancy after missed miscarriage

• @sbaby2023 I'm sorry for your loss.  It sounds like you didn't wait until after your first period post-MC to attempt PG again?  PG tests aren't going to help you.  The reality is that you could get be experiencing a new PG.  Or you may have retained tissue and/or HCG still left in your system from your last PG and it is just turning the tests positive and you're still experiencing symptoms.  There's no way to know unless they track your HCG down to 0 (which they should've done with your MC), and do blood draws every 48 hours to see if the number is doubling or decreasing.  It can take months following a MC for your HCG levels to return to 0.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.