October 2022 Moms
Options

7 weeks postpartum spotting

Hello! I’m 7 weeks postpartum and have been spotting light pink for about about 24 hours now. It’s only when I wipe or pee, nothing on my pad I put on. I also have some mild cramping on my left side. My husband and I had sex for the first time late last Saturday night. He never even got close inside me and pulled out a few minutes before finishing because I’m paranoid. So now it’s about 5 days later when this spotting started. Could it still be postpartum bleeding, my period trying to come back? I’m paranoid it’s implantation bleeding. Wondering if anyone has had anything similar? Thanks!

Re: 7 weeks postpartum spotting

• Options
    oh, and I am exclusively breastfeeding.
  • Options
    Hi there !! Same ! Almost 7 weeks postpartum and my spotting today is red blood but a very very tiny amount. I had slightly orange/pink discharge yesterday and also had pains on my left side. Exclusively breastfeeding also and my partner and I had sex for the first time Wednesday but used a condom. I’m not sure what’s causing it but from your description of the fun you had with your husband I would imagine that’s not the cause. Hopefully someone else will have experience that will shed some light on this for us ☺️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hey girl! i’m 7 weeks postpartum today. i haven’t had sex yet since giving birth but i will say that maybe 2 days ago, my discharge has increased and it’s light pink in color. and i exclusively breastfeed too, i think you mentioned that. so yeah it could just be postpartum but it’s never too much to make sure it’s not anything else. ❤️
  • Options
    Hi!! This same exact thing is happening to me currently- left sided cramping and light spotting. I’m 7 weeks PP. had unprotected sex at 4 weeks. Not breastfeeding. Please tell me you weren’t pregnant and everything was fine haha