1st Trimester
Options

1st trimester nausea

Feeling nauseous is causing me to have zero appetite which then stresses me out that I can’t eat. I try eating small snacks throughout the day but it’s hard. Is this normal for the first trimester?

Re: 1st trimester nausea

• Options
    Very normal. I think I lost 10lbs the first time around. It's rough but the baby will just steal the nutrients (literally) from you that it needs. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @alschw01 two things that helped me were Preggie Pop Drops and B6.  You can get the Preggie Pops on Amazon or I found them at Walmart.  I only took B6 once towards the end of my first trimester because I flew out of state and the take off an landing were awful so I got some before the fight home.  I took it about an hour before and it seemed helped.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you. This is super helpful.
  • Options
    Ok that’s such a relief cause I can only eat basically a little bit of white rice right now
  • Options
    I found smoothies or Pediasure chocolate protein drinks helpful.  I lost 16lbs during the first trimester.  Drinking my calories as a smoothie or protein drink seemed to trick my body into getting some extra calories and vitamins/nutrients.  Hope you feel better soon!  
  • Options
    Thanks so much, that’s very comforting to know. I think I’ll try that.

Also, is it safe to sleep however is comfortable in the first trimester or should you only sleep on your left side throughout pregnancy from the start?
  • Options
    Very normal! Just eat what you can when you can. 

You can sleep however you'd like in the first trimester. You don't have to worry about sleeping on your side until week 16-20 (depending on the source you consult).  Also, depending on who you ask, sleeping on either side is probably fine as long as you don't feel breathless. I slept on both sides with both of my pregnancies, and my babies were healthy.
  • Options
    Ok thank you. I’m so grateful for this community of mamas making me feel less worried about my lack of appetite.
  • Options
    Nauseous all day
  • Options
    I am in the same boat with you. But my doctor told me to have saltine or crackers by you all time and take it when you feel nauseous. Saltine or cracker will help you with that.
  • Options
    8 months pregnant still nauseous