June 2023 Moms

Weekly Exercise Check-in 11/12-17/12

potato3000potato3000 member
edited December 2022 in June 2023 Moms
I'm hoping this can be a weekly thread for those of us due in June 2023, posted on Sundays (except this week ha). All who exercise -- or who want to start exercising -- are welcome, regardless of exercise type, duration, frequency, ability, size or shape. This is a place to talk about exercising while pregnant, exercise recovery, symptoms and whatever else we can think of!

What's your usual go-to type of exercise (yoga, weight-lifting, running, swimming, walking, etc)?

How did your exercise plans go last week? 

What are your exercise plans for this week?

Has your exercise routine changed since becoming pregnant?

Questions/concerns/comments?

GTKY: What gift are you most excited to give and/or (hopefully) receive this holiday season?

Re: Weekly Exercise Check-in 11/12-17/12

• potato3000potato3000 member
    edited December 2022
    What's your usual go-to type of exercise (yoga, weight-lifting, running, swimming, walking, etc)?
    A mix of weight-lifting, walking and yoga

Pretty good! Not quite according to my planned schedule but I got caught up and got it all done by the end of the week

Monday - Yoga 
    Tuesday - Metcon workout
    Thursday - Strength workout
    Saturday - Metcon workout

Yep. I definitely took a few weeks off to prioritize sleep so I'm just getting back into a routine

GTKY: What gift are you most excited to give and/or (hopefully) receive this holiday season? 
    Most excited to give my kids some of the toys they asked for and see what they think of the books we got them. ETA I was thinking I don't really get gifts (aside from the ones from my MIL 😏) but I would actually love to receive another gift basket from the daycare parents like I did last year of various homemade treats and snacks, along with a few very thoughtful gifts from small, local/home businesses -- one of the best gifts I've probably ever received!
    thescarletmomannemarie96overthemoon0618
  • What's your usual go-to type of exercise (yoga, weight-lifting, running, swimming, walking, etc)? Yoga, walks, and we have ring fit for the Nintendo switch and I occasionally do some of that for more cardio based exercises.

How did your exercise plans go last week? We were all busy recovering from a nasty cold, so there were no plans made and nothing accomplished haha.

What are your exercise plans for this week? I want to take it slow easing back in to movement. My goal is to do yoga/ring fit on 2 days this week and focusing on water, fruit, and veggie intake. All goes well, I'll slowly add in more.

Has your exercise routine changed since becoming pregnant? I immediately dropped my daily 2-mile walks and anything else when the nausea kicked in. It is only just now getting to a place where I wouldn't be (that) concerned that stretching would make me vomit. My favorite yoga instructor on YouTube doesn't have any prenatal content (to my knowledge) so I've been tossing around the idea of finding a pregnancy exercise course or maybe signing up for an in-studio prenatal class.

Questions/concerns/comments? My goal with exercise is just movement first and foremost, so I typically go for "lighter" kinds of things (though yoga can be hard af). Anybody have any recommendations for yoga/other low intensity prenatal exercise routines?

GTKY: What gift are you most excited to give and/or (hopefully) receive this holiday season? We bought DS1 a Nintendo switch lite for Christmas and I am beyond excited to give it to him. I remember the joy of getting my first game boy as a kid and getting to experience from this side of the coin is really special for me.
    potato3000annemarie96overthemoon0618
  • Loading the player...
  • @thescarletmom  I'm lucky enough to have an in-person yoga class to go to once a week (right in town, population 200, so it's rare to not have to drive 30min for activities 😆) but I'm not sure if she's continuing in the new year so might go back to YouTube yoga as well. I usually do Yoga with Adrienne and she has some prenatal options but I've never checked them out. Who do you like to follow on YouTube for yoga?
    overthemoon0618
  • @potato3000 that's exactly who I follow! I'd never seen her prenatal stuff, I'll go look for it this week! I'd love to go to a yoga class, but I just worry about fitting it in our schedule, which I know is a lame excuse. Paying the money for it would definitely make me more likely to go though!
    potato3000overthemoon0618
  • What's your usual go-to type of exercise (yoga, weight-lifting, running, swimming, walking, etc)? 
    Normally I just go on walks around the neighborhood once or twice a week and then I had just started doing some workout videos on this free app called FitOn when I got pregnant. It’s actually pretty nice! I’ve also done workouts on YouTube before. Honestly really struggled to ever find a rhythm with exercise since having kids. 

I have not done anything since getting pregnant. A couple walks, and then today I stretched a bit. I’ve been so sick I could barely walk some days, so showering and cleaning my house or making meals was already pushing it.    

I really want to start stretching and incredibly gentle work outs. Just move my muscles a bit to help with tightness and soreness. I really need it!

Has your exercise routine changed since becoming pregnant?  Already answered. 

We don’t really celebrate Christmas, but I am really looking forward to making my grandmas German chocolate ball recipe I remember from childhood, and making Christmas cookies with my family! It’s my favorite tradition. I just love food. 🤣
    And I’m starting to be able to enjoy it again!! 🎉
    potato3000thescarletmomoverthemoon0618
  • What's your usual go-to type of exercise (yoga, weight-lifting, running, swimming, walking, etc)?

Yoga + walking

First time I've managed a full yoga session this pregnancy!

I walk M-F, and aim for yoga on Sundays.

Not since becoming pregnant, but definitely since having my first kiddo! I used to do yoga 3x per week, and now I struggle to fit it in.

This is one of my biggest struggle areas since becoming a mom. I feel like my exercise time is the first thing to go when we get busy, and we're so busy these days! My husband gets Saturday AMs for basketball, and I've suggested that we start alternating Saturdays because I don't have any designated exercise time.

I am really excited about the Jooki music player we got our toddler! He LOVES to request music, and now he'll be able to play it himself!

@potato3000 and @thescarletmom: I also love Yoga with Adrienne! I also like Kukoon Yoga's prenatal YouTube series. And I'm determined to find a prenatal yoga class in my area for the second tri!
    potato3000thescarletmom
    I was big into lifting heavy weights and then I got depressed and stopped for like 6 months and now I’m pregnant so.. poop. I’ve switched to light weights and light cardio 

How did your exercise plans go last week?   They didn’t go anywhere 😂

Daily bike, at least 4 miles. Daily stretching. And light weights.  

Has your exercise routine changed since becoming pregnant?  Everything has been flipped upside from what I imagined sadly. Like I said I was big into lifting! Then the depression hit and I gained a lot of weight and lost a lot of muscle and then BOOM pregnant haha. 

I’m not sure what I’m most excited to give. I love gifting and I’m excited for it all 😂
    thescarletmompotato3000
  • @maddmama suddenly not being able to do literally anything when I had just worked so hard to build an exercise routine that felt good really knocked me down emotionally. I was actively losing weight from vomiting so much but in my head I instantly looked "fatter" and had so many negative thoughts about not exercising more. I had a lot of issues with disordered eating as a teen and to an extent its still something I'm working on, and the depression spiral was sooo hard to work through. Solidarity, mental health struggles are no joke. 
    annemarie96potato3000maddmama
  • maddmamamaddmama member
    edited December 2022
    @thescarletmom also a past with disordered eating. It’s a constant battle still. I completely understand ❤️ I was really healthy when I was lifting because I had to eat enough to gain the muscle I wanted to gain. I wish I stayed with it, but my husband was a big motivational help and his work a schedule changed biiig time and we couldn’t workout together anymore so sadly I stopped. 

I am currently getting in some cardio on my stationary bike and will do some pregnancy safe core and stretching after :) 
    thescarletmompotato3000cassafrass123annemarie96