May 2023 Moms

Re: December Randoms

• @hestia-is-wearie amazing. We usually get little advent calendars for the kids (legos or little trinkets or whatever) but skipped it this year. They're still too young to recognize my laziness  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • @hestia-is-wearie we have the lego one for DD1! The twins don't really get it yet thankfully haha
  • I’ve already failed for December. My husband couldn’t get the Christmas stuff down in time so I wasn’t able to put the elves out with the advent calendars like I always do. I had to do it while they are at school. Gonna have to play this one off 😬 

@hestia-is-wearie fun to have one for everyone. I was thinking on it but now my husband is on a diet so I’m glad I didn’t one. My girls did get a dog advent calendar for grandmas dog though. 
  • My MIL always gets one for DS, but we don’t see her until like February, so he eats it whenever 🤷🏻‍♀️ LOL 
  • I feel like my body doesn't know what it wants this week. The last few weeks I've been hungry all the time, now I'm not interested in lunch at all. I'm also getting tired while working but when I lay down to nap, I'm wide awake 🤦‍♀️
  • Y'all I have GOT to snap out of this resentment. My H got the snip on Friday (thank the LORD) and has been such a fucking baby about it. I was totally sympathetic and took over all parenting stuff all weekend so he could heal. I was completely on board with that. Then Sunday he said he wanted to rearrange the furniture in his office. I said that's a terrible idea and he obviously listened and didn't do it. Then yesterday (day 3) he was still a little tender but basically back to normal. Last night he got in bed whining about how sore he was, so he got some ice and took some tylenol. 

THIS MORNING. This morning. He got all fussy with me because he was picking up toys while I was getting ready for work and squatting down hurts. So I said okay so maybe don't squat down? Picking up the toys can wait considering we aren't leaving for school for another 45 minutes. He totally went off about how he's been doing "too damn much" and how he doesn't want to have this surgery again and he can't lift anything.

Sir. I have no doubt that your balls are sensitive. I also have carried four humans inside my body, grown them from scratch, pushed them out of my vagina (after 27, 23, and 72 hour labors), torn every time in the same place, AND THEN my prize for surviving all of that was getting to feed them with my boobs all night long for another 1-2 years. I just can't help but roll my eyes at the ridiculous double standard for men and women. I literally could not keep a straight face when his urologist said he needed "3 days of absolutely nothing" after a minor laser procedure.  :|:|:| 
  • @BourbonBiscuits let’s be real we are the warriors here. Men are babies especially when they get colds. I’ve wanted to do the labor stimulator for men just so they can understand what pain is. My husband is already complaining he’s doing too much since I’m on modified activities. I will probably be on bed rest next week and it won’t stop the complaining. Hang in there, maybe listen to some crazy music or scream in your car to let it out. 
  • Has anyone noticed a change in their hair’s oiliness? I spent the pandemic years (since I’ve mostly been working from home) training my hair not to need to be washed every single dang day. Pre-pregnancy I was down to washing it twice a week, which I was perfectly happy with. This morning when I was getting in the shower I realized it has been 6 days since I washed my hair, and it looks like it could still go a few more days. What is this wizardry??? I’m sure it won’t last once this baby comes but dang, I am loving it!
  • @courtney701 I’ve noticed a difference but sadly in the other direction for me! For the last 6-8 years I’ve had fantasy colors in my hair so I’m usually only washing it once or maybe twice in a week but since becoming pregnant I’ve had to wash it at least 3 times a week and I’m sure it would be worse if my hair wasn’t already used to not being washed daily.
  • Sorry I haven’t been around much this week: I’m took a “Christmas break” from work so I’ve been with DD the whole time, and my sinus infection is getting worse. 🫠 Good thing my doctor has a pager that he encourages his patients to call at all hours. 
    Anyway, Merry Christmas!

• Has anyone noticed a change in their hair’s oiliness? ... I realized it has been 6 days since I washed my hair, and it looks like it could still go a few more days. What is this wizardry???
    Yes! I'm an every-other-day shampooer but now I get to go 5 or so days and I love it!  Meanwhile... I'm breaking out all over my chin which sucks.