July 2023 Moms

When are you announcing??

Hey all! When are you announcing your pregnancy?

Re: When are you announcing??

• i will be 10 weeks on Christmas also! 
  • Loading the player...
  • We told immediate family at 8wks(we used fun printed shirts) and plan to tell others at 12wks
  • We told family at 5 weeks and very few friends. Now I am having my first doctors appointment on Monday and am worried that we told everyone too early…
  • edited December 2022
    @hybrisa We told my best friend the day after I tested positive and my mom 3 days later. I would burst into a million pieces if we didn’t. We are telling our other very close friends next weekend (7 weeks). And our families on Christmas (10 weeks). I have my first ultrasound and exam on December 23. I think it’s fine to tell people whenever you feel like. You’re excited; share the joy!
  • i have my 8 weeks ultrasound this week and then I’ll be 10 weeks on Christmas so sometime after that! 🤗
  • Our immediate family already know, but I'm thinking that I might wait until my birthday in February for a bigger announcement. That's a little later than I would normally wait, but I think it would be cute to announce it as a "birthday present." 
  • We told our people in phases! After two losses this year, we waited a little longer and shared our news with the in-laws and siblings at 6 weeks, my family at about 8 weeks after the confirmation ultrasound at around 7 weeks and close friends at 8 weeks. We are telling more and more people now at 10 weeks. I’m still undecided on when to post to social though… might go for Christmas at 12 weeks or wait until 4 months or 16 weeks 
  • I’m announcing after my NIPT results! We’re having twins so I wanna make sure all is well, and know their genders!
  • I told my sister actually before I could tell my husband! But, we haven’t told anyone else. We are waiting until after the NIPT results because I am in my 40’s so we wanted to make sure everything was ok chromosomally just in case we had to make difficult decisions. I’ll probably wait to tell anyone at work until I can’t hide it anymore. 
  • We have told close friends and some family. I’m 11 weeks currently. Considering a New Years social media post, but may wait until 14-16 weeks before publicly announcing. 
  • Most friends and immediately family know. Friends figured it out pretty quickly. We told my parents after the first ultrasound and telling his mom on Christmas because we want to see her face. Waiting until after our next appointment to let everyone else know. Work already knows too but that’s cuz I love my work and got excited to tell them.
  • We told my mother right away & then my in-laws & our siblings once we had the first ultrasound and all looked good. Only my close gfs know. We’re not doing anything more than that. Definitely nothing on social media. We’re enjoying our miracle 🌈 baby as our little secret for as long as possible. 
  • Same exact situation with 2 early miscarriages last year and told around 8 weeks this time to close friends and family. Good luck!