Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Coparenting an Infant

Hi, 
Myself and my son’s Father have ended our relationship  (I’ve already moved out with baby). Any advice on coparenting as you set foundation for baby? What custody style worked out for you? 

Re: Coparenting an Infant

• Options
    My biggest recommendation is getting a schedule set that remains the same with both parents no matter what. For example, both of you agree on a nap and feeding schedule and stick to it. My son spends the night with my parents every few weekends and the only way he stays tolerable is by sticking to his naps. We put him down when he’s sleepy but have a pretty strict wake up schedule. For example, our naps (6m) are usually 9-10:30, 1:30-3, 5-6:30, and bed at 8. 

On top of that, follow the same social media parenting accounts, read the same parenting books, and take the same classes, even if you don’t take them together. I’d have a discussion planned every month or so to get on the same page as far as what you’re doing that is and is not working. 

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    I think you both should take care of your child in periodic manner. Also you can take advise from parenting book, parenting lifestyle.