June 2023 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/21

Can anyone believe it's Thanksgiving week? 🤯

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/21

• @kalesix3 I just picked up the rest of my groceries (had the Turkey in the freezer for a bit) today and I’m ready to get cooking
  • @kalesix3 no??? This entire month snuck up on me and somehow it's already basically over? I have to bake three cheesecakes in the next three days 🥴 
  • Loading the player...
  • We are hosting my husband's side of the family on Thanksgiving day and it will be a challenge having to be sober around his mother. 🙄 she's exhausting.... lol. I managed to get laundry all done and put away today! So I have that going for me. Our house is mostly clean. I haven't worked out in 2 weeks and I don't love that for myself. Trying to keep up with all the basics has been a challenge in itself 
  • I got roped into cooking so much for Thursday for my husband’s family’s dinner. Potatoes, gravy, stuffing, salad and the cheese board. And I still need to shop. Lol
  • I haven’t had my first prenatal appointment yet, but I already have my GTT scheduled for 12/12. I suppose it’s good to know before the holidays, lol.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @bridgettetheboxer I decided to pay for curbside pickup this week and it was the best possible decision for me
  • Ugh I'm exhausted for all of you. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving and I'm so glad this year because I %100 don't have the capacity for all the cooking solo. I hope everyone gets their lists done and can just nap on the day itself to make up for all the work and stress. ❤️‍🩹
  • Down with the flu A bad here. Had to be in the ER for fluids last night. Ugh. 
  • Happy Thanksgiving for everyone who celebrates! Hope everyone's nausea let you enjoy some yummy food just this once! 🥧🍁🦃
  • @maddmama I’m so sorry you’re so sick! I hope the fluids helped
  • @kalesix3 thank you! I was fortunate to have someone else remove the neck and giblets for me since that always makes me queasy (and worse the years I’ve been pregnant). Then I was able to kick everyone out of my kitchen and just enjoy myself making a meal
  • Somehow, I hosted today for 16 adults and 6 children. I. Am. Exhausted.  My feet hurt, my back hurts. I'm tired. But we made it 
  • @cassafrass123 oh gosh I can't even think about that without feeling sick, I'm so glad someone else was on giblet duty this year and that you got to make a meal in peace!! I love that! 

@hitcj4687 noooo! That sounds so exhausting omg. You deserve some serious pampering and self care after all that, I can imagine how sore you must be! 
  • @maddmama I’m so sorry! I’ve had to get fluids a couple times now and it’s so frustrating to get that dehydrated. It’s been magical for me with how much it helps though. I hope it helped you so much!!
  • Glad it seems like everyone had a good Thanksgiving! DS1 woke up yesterday morning and came into our room to say he had a headache 😓 he felt warm so I gave him some Tylenol, and we made plans for him to go visit his dad instead of coming with us to my in-laws (they currently have grandma living with them, and FIL had a kidney transplant >3 years ago so we didn't want to bring a potentially sick kiddo). Missed him, but we had a nice dinner and my cheesecake I baked was incredible! Turned out to be the right call because by the time we picked him up he was clearly not feeling well and this morning he's definitely full blown sick. It's so awful seeing that pitiful sick look in your baby's eyes 🥺 
  • @annemarie96 I'm so glad you got to contribute to dinner and enjoy dinner, that's a huge win!! 

@thescarletmom oh that's horrible about your son, did he catch a bug from school? I hope he feels better soon, I'm sad about all the sickness hitting so many families right now. 💔 

I found out yesterday the lab wasn't able to do my NIPT test from the blood sample, they didn't say why of course but now at least I know why I wasn't getting results for weeks. 
    I go back on Monday for the redraw. Also I've already been mom shamed for even consenting to the test, gotta love it. 
    I also traumatized my son yesterday when I was trying to change his diaper and the entire thing triggered my nausea and I started throwing up 😵I had to call my SO in to finish the change while I left the room and my son of course was upset that I puked and upset that I left because he insists on me being the only one to change him, and now he's vehemently protesting diaper changes and sobbing about it and doesn't want me to do them anymore. Sigh. I feel awful and he's too little to listen to logic or explanations so I just have to ride it out and provide a lot of reassurance. I feel so bad. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 
  • @kalesix3 oh noo! I'm so sorry. Hopefully he moves on from that soon. Try not to feel bad! It was totally out of your control! 
  • Thank you @hitcj4687 I hope it passes quickly too for both our sakes! 
    The black Friday deals on baby gear weren't that great this year so I didn't go crazy but I did get an adorable muslin blanket and a few baby carriers, two of them came today and it's such a good feeling getting items you love that you hope you'll get to wrap/carry a new baby in 🥺 

• Also I don't know if people are blocking me or if there's a loophole for deleting posts now but this morning the entire board was cluttered up and now I can only see a few of the older drive by posts! Progress lol 
  • Wtf am I gonna name this baby!? Nothing feels like "yes! This is the perfect name!" I've looked at every list. I've seen all the names. None of them are the right one. 
  • @hitcj4687 kind of lame advice but just keep thinking about a few that you don't hate and see if anything grows on you as baby grows? Sometimes a name just starts to really fit even though you weren't expecting it to or didn't immediately bond with it. 
  • @kalesix3 not lame advice.! It's the truth! It's hard to not love any right away but I know we will find one that fits
  • @hitcj4687 same boat. If this baby is a boy... we don't love anything. In fact there's very few things we don't actively hate 😓 ugh!!
  • @thescarletmom my toddler hasn't gotten sick in his two years of life and I so wish I could send some of that luck your way, I'm sorry it's been so miserable and not being able to take off more time from work is just the worst. 
  • @thescarletmom I feel for you!! I had covid when I was like..  6 or 7 weeks pregnant and the nausea/vomiting kicked in at the same time. I am lucky to have my 7 year old who is old enough to understand that mom is sick and can't function but when he was a toddler being sick was the worst! I can't recall us ever being that sick at the same time but I feel for you!! Feel better soon! 
  • I don’t really have a lot going on except for working, but I just wanted to pop in and let you guys know I’ve been trying to keep up and thinking of you!
  • @thescarletmom omg sick as hell and working? You’re incredible 😭 I hope you feel better asap 
  • @thescarletmom 100% agree it should be illegal! Sorry you've been dealing with that and hopefully you're all feeling better very soon!
  • @thescarletmom I love that!! Kids can be so sweet and wonderful.  I'm glad you're on the upswing!!
  • @thescarletmom glad to hear you and the kids are feeling better! We've just been through the same for the last 2 weeks, it was seriously so rough. If anything, it really made me super greatful for the times when we're healthy, like I've totally taken that for granted lol.