Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Looking for a a high chair that’s affordable and has a footrest

Hi! We got a chicco high chair at my baby shower but it doesn’t have a foot rest. I’ve been doing a lot of research on baby led weaning and it seems that having a footrest is very important for proper posture and safe eating. I’ve found a few I like but they are very expensive, $200 and up. 

Do you have a recommendation for a high chair with a footrest that’s either very affordable or totally worth the price?

Does anyone have “The Chair” from Lalo? I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on that one and would like some input. 

Re: Looking for a a high chair that’s affordable and has a footrest

• Options
    I’ve seen people who purchase the $20 ikea high chair and make modifications to it to make a foot rest. I think there was a post on feedinglittles with a link to a blog post that had their fav high chairs? Definitely get one that’s easy to clean if you’re doing BLW. I have a graco 5 in 1 I think and it’s such a pain to take the seat apart, I will not be using it again. I was looking at the boon grub because you can put it in the dishwasher and it has a footrest. And it’s less than $200 
  • Options
    The Evenflo eat and grow (https://www.evenflo.com/products/eat-n-grow-high-chair) will turn into a small chair and table but the table part is a great footrest. Especially for my climber who likes to get in by herself. It’s sturdy but light and cheaper at other stores.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A friend gave me her old Cosco from Walmart. They range $30-$50 new many patterns footrest folds flat it’s a nice chair