Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/21

• I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year (I think I mentioned that last week), and it is stressing me out! However, I am excited for delicious food!

What are your Thanksgiving plans?
  • I am to! I'm super stressed, even though we asked everyone to bring something. We just made our third and hopefully final grocery trip for the day. I think we finally have everything! Work is thankfully pretty light and I'll be working from home all week, so I should have time to clean the house and get things prepped! Our turkeys are still fully frozen though. Put them in the fridge Saturday morning. Hoping they defrost by Wednesday!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Loading the player...
  • I am hosting too, but it’s a pretty small party (7 people total). I loooove to cook and I married into a very non traditional family so I get to make whatever I want and no one cares if there is no turkey. It’s the best! 
  • @bearmomma1 thanks for starting all the threads. I kept meaning to come back today and work on it… but kept getting distracted by actual work lol
  • I live in Europe so no thanksgiving here. We did celebrate it though in October as I am Canadian. 

I am meeting a bunch of  friends on Friday and Saturday for dinner and I’m really excited about it! I haven’t seen the Saturday friends in a long time so I’m excited to hang out with them. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @bearmomma1 I had to make a few trips to the grocery store as well. Suggestion- if you're turkeys are still frozen today, take them out of the fridge for several hours. OFten, they won't unfreeze totally in the fridge. My mother in law told me that!
  • @bearmomma1 Agree with @sunshine134 Sometimes I let my turkey thaw in the fridge for 5-7 days, and oftentimes take it out and leave it on the counter for about 12 hours before I prepare it to put in oven.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Thanks for the turkey thawing advice! The turkeys were still fully frozen yesterday, so I let them sit out in the garage for the afternoon. They definitely made a lot of progress, while not getting fully defrosted. Put them back in the fridge and they should be perfect to start brining today.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• maggiemadeitmaggiemadeit member
    edited November 2022
    Happy thanksgiving y’all! Thankful for you!